Inky

Applied for new Canadian passport today.

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

SO I finally am getting around to getting my new passport.

They don't renew a passport and cant use simplified when changing a name so " brand new " passport it is lol

I got all my papers done and thankfully I know Minnew from VJ she lives not far from me and have known her 2 years so we both signed off on each others PPC applications as guarantors!

Hit up UPS around 9am and they said it should arrive there tomorrow. Heres hoping to no snaggles or anything with the application. Also hope to get everything back that I sent as well.

- Will update and see how quickly the turn around for the PPC app is. I noticed the website says it can take 20 days but also theres a green notice saying that PPC is "back to business" will see! lol

P.S the UPS insurance doesn't even meet the cost of the passport let alone the other original documents I had to send :angry:

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Good luck. Hope you have a quick turnaround. good.gif

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I applied for a new one back in March and it took exactly 4 weeks from the date that I sent it to the date that I received it. I noticed that even though I sent it to Ottawa, my passport was actually done in Windsor, which seems a bit silly.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Same here, renewed my passport a few months ago, sent it to Ottawa and it was issued in Windsor. It took 2 weeks, so rather quick! Dont worry, Passport Canada is actually pretty efficient! You'll have you new passport in no time. (mine was also an application from scratch, not the simplified one)

event.png

Timeline

Same here, renewed my passport a few months ago, sent it to Ottawa and it was issued in Windsor. It took 2 weeks, so rather quick! Dont worry, Passport Canada is actually pretty efficient! You'll have you new passport in no time. (mine was also an application from scratch, not the simplified one)

2 weeks ! I wish!!! I put a travel date on it in hopes to get it back quick lol not sure if that will make a difference or not haha.

How come everyone sent it to Ottawa?!?! mines going to Quebec as per the instructions... and actually my passports have only ever been issued from Gatineau. Even since I was a baby. Wonder if I will get it from somewhere else this time lol.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh yeah, sorry about the confusion, I meant Gatineau, too ! Not Ottawa. Somehow I always feel like Gatineau and Ottawa are twin cities and use them interchangably. I bet many of their residents would beg to differ lol

I put a date of travel but it was a road trip to Mexico so I didnt have an itinerary but it looks like they took it into account since i got it so quickly. They did call me and conduct a little phone interview, which I thought was unusual, but it seemed to convince them I was really Canadian :dance:

event.png

Timeline

ok good because i was going to say LOL i would be screwed if it was supposed to go to Ottawa!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent mine via snail mail a few yrs back from VA and had it back in less than 3 weeks.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Update -

So far there is no tracking information, the person at UPS said that i can access it tonite at 8pm to start tracking but its not logged into the system. Almost 9pm! lol

Edited by Inky

Timeline

I meant to say Gatineau too. Haha.

I remember my UPS package flew from NYC to Hamilton to Ottawa to Gatineau. That's probably where I got Ottawa from!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

My passport won't need to be renewed until 2013, but I may as well ask now. When I move to the States, I assume I still apply for a Canadian passport. Is this correct? What do I have to send them? Is it any different than regular Canadians? I wasn't sure if I had to send them any immigration documents.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Timeline

My passport won't need to be renewed until 2013, but I may as well ask now. When I move to the States, I assume I still apply for a Canadian passport. Is this correct? What do I have to send them? Is it any different than regular Canadians? I wasn't sure if I had to send them any immigration documents.

Yes you have to apply for a new Canadian passport and you can only apply when there is less than 12 months left on it or you need a "compelling reason" to apply for a new one. You have to include a letter as to why you need a new passport which seems silly... You just go to PPC website and use the full form that says its for Canadians living in the USA. Follow all the instructions. Tt is no different than a Canadian in Canada that is applying for a new passport that had never applied before. You can't use the simple renewal forms. Passport Canada could care less about your immigration.

Go take a look at the website it lists everything you need to do and send. here is the link for Canadians living in the USA. http://www.ppt.gc.ca/cdn/form.aspx?lang=eng&region=USA

So far in total its looking to cost me about 151$ USD to get a new passport with name change.

Timeline

Yes, that is correct. Your passport doesn't really involve immigration documents at all. You just need to send in ID confirming your identity, in my case I used my greencard and my driver's license (I sent photocopies that were signed by my guarantor) and you need to send your original birth certificate. If you are not changing your name, you can use the simplified form, if you are changing your name, then you use the regular form and need a gurantor.

If at any point you go through naturalization and become a US citizen after becoming a permanent resident, you can apply for a US passport. Until then, you would keep renewing your Canadian passport.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Update -

UPS website now shows!

Delivered

Delivered On:

Tuesday, 07/19/2011 at 10:59 A.M.

Left At:Receiver

Signed By: LACHAPELLE

So they got it this morning!

Timeline

I just renewed my Canadian passport by mail. I used the simplified application, and they issued it 10 business days after they received it, FYI.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.