Private

Visiting Morocco/Save Money

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
The way I decided to go for the Interview was this: I didn't want to give them any reason to deny us. I have seen the wrath of this Consulate before and it is not pretty- they are very unpredictable. I decided I would rather spend the money now to be there for the interview rather than have a better chance of denial and spend the money later to go see him if we got denied.

I would say if you have been there at least 2 times, then you would probably be fine not being there.

Some people get the visa the very next day through Casa even if they have only visited one time. It's a tough call but good luck!

good point sarah. i'd recommend anyone try to attend the interview of their SO. just in case.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

My only noticable increases were adding a second mobile phone and the food bill. However, my phone bill went down so much that my monthly expenses are probably less now.

My husband stocked up on clothes, a winter coat, boots and all those types of things before coming here. He covered his own AOS and the related fees. He also brought a decent savings so any unexpected expenses were covered. So fortunately, I didn't feel the impact of those things. If you will be covering those things yourself, I would imagine you would need around $1500-2000.

Ok I gotta ask...what are these unexpected expenses that we will incur once they arrive in the US?

just off the top of my head:

increase in

-food

-utility bills (water, electric, ac/heat)

-fees for filing more paperwork

-clothing costs

-gas and vehicle maintenance costs associated with visits to various offices (ss office, uscis office, etc)

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Don't forget the added cost of health insurance... and of course car insurance if he/she is going to be driving. And you may be looking at buying a second vehicle (sooner or later) along with the gas to run it.

I didn't notice much of a jump in our electric or water bills, but I think the grocery bill has more than doubled. We also needed to do some serious clothes shopping (my husband wasn't geared up for the long hot summers here) and of course he needed a cell phone and some other miscellaneous stuff. Plus we added more cable channels as my husband loves to watch movies, so that was an additional expense.

We didn't save any money on long distance phone bills, as he calls his family every day -- but luckily the rates to the West Bank are very low with certain calling cards.

You will save quite a bit on your 2006 taxes if he doesn't work for a while (that is, if you get married by the end of the year, and file a joint return.)

Just remember that the little things add up -- restaurant meals, movie tickets, all these things are doubled when you're a couple ! It's a big change at first, but once he's working, things get a lot easier. :yes:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

The VJers that have their SO's here are all saying save and I agree. NOBODY can sit here and list why you need that extra money ( we dont know you) ... but trust me you do ;) I was one that was supposed to go visit in the summer but al hamdullah we got his interview and he was here before the summer. What did we do with that extra cash ? Pay for our backyard wedding. We didn't need my parents help. Trust me the money will be used in one way or another. With the money he brought we bought his car and got his life started with other essentials.

I know you are sitting here thinking "Well she's wit him now". Yes, that's ture ... but we were apart for 3 years (1 year getting to know each other, 2 years visa process). In those 3 years I went to Lebanon twice. We survived and got through. Now we see each other everyday as much as we want, it was worth the wait and the money went to more important things.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If I knew then what I know now I would have been there for the interview. The choice is really yours, but if you have any of the red flags you might be wise to give some thought of being there for the interview.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs:

My thoughts exactly.

Ok I gotta ask...what are these unexpected expenses that we will incur once they arrive in the US?

just off the top of my head:

increase in

-food

-utility bills (water, electric, ac/heat)

-fees for filing more paperwork

-clothing costs

-gas and vehicle maintenance costs associated with visits to various offices (ss office, uscis office, etc)

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
If I knew then what I know now I would have been there for the interview. The choice is really yours, but if you have any of the red flags you might be wise to give some thought of being there for the interview.

Very good point. Saving money is very important, but it's not always the top priority.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hmmmmmmmmmm................... hard call to make. I would choose going to see him in Morocco. Also, what I have been doing for my husband who is still in Morocco is shopping for him now.

Lavon

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.