mitul patel

Place of Birth in Berth Certificate

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

My wife has applied for spouse visa for me. I have provided my birth certificate as my proof of document, my problem is that My passport contain My place of Birth Different then what my Birth Certificate contain. My passport was issued on the basis of my School LC and it carries wrong Place of Birth. so i want to know whether i will get the problem in getting Visa?

If I will get the problem in getting visa then what i will have to do to short out this problem? Pls help me with my problem i will wait for your reply.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Actually I believe you need to get the passport corrected. This could be a problem. So many produce fake documents these days. So, save yourself the hassels later and correct it now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

you really need to post what country you are from so you get answers from those with experience in your country. They can best tell you what to do. And create a timeline. It is very helpful to VJ members also.

Timeline

Actually I believe you need to get the passport corrected. This could be a problem. So many produce fake documents these days. So, save yourself the hassels later and correct it now.

Thanks Adil & Jeanne,

I am trying to get it change but i m finding it difficult to change as i have already travel on that passport. Is there any other solution for it?

In My Passport My Birth Place is My Village Name and in Birth certificate its Diferrent village But In Birth Certificate My Village Name is Mention as my address of living.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes you could have a problem.

As whoever is reviewing your document notices the problem, then either your Birth Certificate is fake or your Passport is fake.

Place of birth should be same on your passport and your birth certificate, even if your passport was made on basis of your schools LC it should not matter.

It should not have different information.

Timeline

You should be able to get it changed on your passport, based on your birth certificate. They might question you why you did not get it corrected when you got the passport. There has to be a form that you can use to get the information corrected on your passport, I tried to look up but it seems passport office site is down.

Timeline

Hi Harsh,

I have check out how to get it corrected but it will take too long to get it corrected coz i have to take court order for it and it will take more time. and may be i will not have that much time so can you pls tell me is there any other solution available of this problem.

Timeline

Hi Harsh,

I have check out how to get it corrected but it will take too long to get it corrected coz i have to take court order for it and it will take more time. and may be i will not have that much time so can you pls tell me is there any other solution available of this problem.

You dont have an option, if you dont get it corrected you gonna get rejected or you might have more problems.

Other option, not sure will work since not sure what the court order would be.

You can have the court order with you when you go for interview and if asked by CO you ould produce it.

Timeline

Court order is needed to get correction in passport.

One of my friend told me to affidavite about this and submit it to consulate. Is it the another solution?

I dont think the plain affidavite would work, things not matching on your govt issued document is not a simple and minor things. Just your self in place CO, how would he know which document is real does passport have the real information or Birth Certificate?

Most COs are trained to the country culture they would be working in and what document inconsistency they would see etc.

I would say taking a short cut is not going to help you, just coz its going to take extra time you dont want to do it and continue with process.

So lets say you continue with process and at interview you get stuck and CO is asking you to get it fixed you will go ahead and get it fixed no matter how long it takes.

From my expericene COs dont like to see variation in documents and it cna create lot of problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.