Arrta

What did I do wrong?

199 posts in this topic

maybe she is just having one of these moments...before the period, one can be really upset and angry and irritable for novalid reason...just keep bein supportive and things will get better

1. Did a woman or man write this post?

2. Can that be found on a t-shirt or successory? :lol:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Let me be real here on some things.

We need more information from the OP. If you do not understand the Filipino culture, do not judge the culture or how the culture is run. We have some edumacated I-D-10-t-s on this thread. The big thing here is the culture. their culture is influenced by the tribal customs and the catholic church. And where the two overlap and are the same, the tribal customs have been continued.

By some surveys, only about 20% of Fil/Am marriage fail, compared to 50%-75% divorce rate for the common US/US marriage.-- http://www.jaderune....0Filipinas.html

Very common myth repeated all over the place due to people really not understanding how statistics work and extrapolating from predictions made in the late 1970's and not realizing that the divorce rate topped out in 1980.

New york Times: Divorce Rate: It's Not as High as You Think

I am sure we can all read the article, see the stats, and still make it fit into our own personal belief systems.

Apologies to the OP for the off-topic post.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Timeline

Let me be real here on some things.

We need more information from the OP. If you do not understand the Filipino culture, do not judge the culture or how the culture is run. We have some edumacated I-D-10-t-s on this thread. The big thing here is the culture. their culture is influenced by the tribal customs and the catholic church. And where the two overlap and are the same, the tribal customs have been continued.

By some surveys, only about 20% of Fil/Am marriage fail, compared to 50%-75% divorce rate for the common US/US marriage.-- http://www.jaderune.com/Why%20Filipinas.html

I still stand by my original post. Get the book the 5 love languages and learn the languages and each other. then listen to her, and work with her. If you put a stone in middle of a circle. Then ask each person to describe the same exact stone from where they are sitting. You will get a different description from each person. If you learn to appreciate the differences form the other person, you learn more about the stone and their thought processes. If you choose to argue and maintain your point of view, you lose out on the vastness of God's creation. this is the same in marriage. It is a marriage, but because of cultural influences, you will get a different description.

Too warm fuzzy, touchy-feely for me. Get out the plastic sheets, rubber toys, and Crisco. Nobody leaves the room until everybody is satisfied. :star:

maybe she is just having one of these moments...before the period, one can be really upset and angry and irritable for novalid reason...just keep bein supportive and things will get better

Hormone imbalance? Insensitive husband? :whistle:

I don't think so. You can't tame passion. :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A little back story on this one. Charry at a young age had a leg injury that did not heal properly resulting in an gastrocnemius equinus contracture. Basically she could not place one of her feet flat on the ground. Once she found out that this could be corrected through surgery she wanted to have it.

Me being the typical husband and wanting everything for my family, currently consisting of just the 2 of us, I found out if it was covered by our insurance and we scheduled the operation. The surgery took place last week, and while not a 100% success the result was favorable.

I work in technical support and as such take phone calls as a part of my job. I am currently working from home to help her as she should not be moving around much for the first week and a half, and she is on crutches, so she can't carry much of anything.

Everything was going fine until yesterday. She had a friend come over, not a problem. I took my lunch break and made lunch for us and her friend brought over some food too. We had a nice lunch, and then I went back to work.

She and her friend were chatting in the other room using their, I'm sitting across from you but I have to scream at you, voices, when a call came in that I had to take. I politely asked her if they could go into the next room over or keep their voices down. A few mins later, still on the same call and having trouble hearing the customer because they apparently didn't listen to me, I asked again. About an hour later after getting off the call I found out why it had gotten quiet, she kicked her friend out.

She is now mad at me saying she wants to leave me because I was rude. She says she wants to leave me saying that she doesn't love me anymore.

She is now trying to do everything for herself and is fighting me over it. If I try to help her she throwsthings around the house, mostly water bottles, but also 2 3-5 lb dumbells, her laptop, at least 1 of the 2 month old kittens, though that was more gently and with a "wee" sound on her part, and other assorted items. She has threatened to break the new AC, hit me with her crutches, a full on swing not anything accidental. She also hit her computer with the crutches too trying to make me mad or something. All that ended up doing was making her more upset when the laptop stopped working.

Without my knowledge, she has taken a bath by herself, the bath part is fine, its the getting in and out of the tub on her own that is dangerous. She somehow cooked her lunch and got a plate and food over to the kitchen table. She has not done it safely however as she burnt herself with hot water while cooking.

She has even snuck out twice taking the car, her driving foot is fine. In the process her wrappings are now coming undone, whether that's from her putting on pants she should not be wearing with her foot wrapped, or just from all the activity she is doing. She has also hurt her leg, but won't tell me what is wrong, take any of the pain medication, or let me take her to the hospital.

What did I do wrong? How can I fix this? And how can I get her to let me help her?

you are such a very patient..but i hope everythings gonna be fine! but let me tell you that once you are told that she doesn't love you anymore is a different story...how could she do that! don't stay in the situation when you think you are being abused and punished!

you are such a very patient..but i hope everythings gonna be fine! but let me tell you that once you are told that she doesn't love you anymore is a different story...how could she do that! don't stay in the situation when you think you are being abused and punished!

Pinay are so bad! They take the side of the Kano against their sisters! I wonder why. Perhaps they know this behavior, or they still have friends to make matches for. Perhaps it is something else. Coming from a country where the men can't be trusted, I wonder what that could be. Is it just jealousy? I know my wife is not the sharing type when it comes to other women. Whatever it is, I would like to know.

Edited by Some Old Guy

I do wonder if this ability to dismiss this wretched behavior as 'tampo' is partly due to an age difference. It sounds like many of the men who have learned to deal with it have done so employing the same tactics I'm using to teach my son. Would anyone assume that it's pretty standard for a woman of a certain age to act this way? Or is it somehow more easily accepted as 'cultural' even though it seems there's definitely a dynamic of father figure and child at play.

Tampo is not childish and it's not throwing things out of anger (which seems a little too common). Tampo really is a cultural trait.

Tampo

Whoa, this is kinda crazy.

First of all, if the OP was scammed into a marriage, he's not gonna be thrown in jail because of it. Most likely, he'll look like just another older man who 'dared to dream' that some 20 year old beauty came here for him, and not the GC.

The 'no longer his property' comment is really odd and interesting at the same time. No living being should be viewed as chattel, although I guess there are other opinions.

I do wonder if this ability to dismiss this wretched behavior as 'tampo' is partly due to an age difference. It sounds like many of the men who have learned to deal with it have done so employing the same tactics I'm using to teach my son. Would anyone assume that it's pretty standard for a woman of a certain age to act this way? Or is it somehow more easily accepted as 'cultural' even though it seems there's definitely a dynamic of father figure and child at play.

Do you know the age difference between the OP and his wife? BTW, I'm one of those guys that "dared to dream" as you put it. So far the dream has been very sweet.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Tampo is not childish and it's not throwing things out of anger (which seems a little too common). Tampo really is a cultural trait.

Tampo

Well, is it a good one?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Do you know the age difference between the OP and his wife? BTW, I'm one of those guys that "dared to dream" as you put it. So far the dream has been very sweet.

Ok, I did a search and it turns out their age difference is:

"Me: 29 almost 30, (USC)

Charry: 22, (PI)

7 years. 4 months, 22 days"

(Quoted from OP's previous post)

Kev n Jena

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Well, is it a good one?

IMPO Tampo is a desirable trait when compared to what I went through in a previous 19 year relationship/marriage. When I say tampo, I'm refering to the withdrawl of affection mentioned in the above link. I had a hard time dealing with it during the first few years of our relationship. I was used to arguing and making my point. When tampo is deployed at our house, there's no arguing, no speaking, no communication at all for the duration. Thankfully it doesn't last long compared to other couples I've read about and only happens rarely.(once or twice per year maybe)

I would compare her tampo to me raising my voice and swearing. We both try to keep these things to a minimum and realize that when they happen, it means the other person is very angry or hurt by our actions or words.

We've discussed this thread and that led to more talk about our relationship. We had a very healthy conversation! Thanks to VJ :yes:

Edited by kev_n_jena

Kev n Jena

Actually, in some ways it is.

If a person decides to pull back so the argument ceases, that can be healthy.

If a person continues to punish the person they are angry with after they have apologized, that is not healthy.

Some people have said the actions described by the OP are tampo. That does not appear healthy at all.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.