Virginian61

US Embassy Bangkok

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Virginian (I'm a former from Annandale)

It would be great to be there on the 29th but we still do not have our Packet 4 (email or snail mail)....

A fellow Thailand VJ member Matt did post that he was able to go inside the Embassy and wait with his Fiance last month. He was not allowed up to the window for the interview but could sit close and listen to others. You may want to contact him if you have questions.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/103946-matt-an-bee/

Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks StuB. I'm hoping to go in just for moral support. I've read that the interview takes 10 minutes, but you may sit there waiting for 2-3-4 hours.

Fairfax- btw

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

10/20/14...N-400 mailed to Phoenix
--/--/14.. N-400 packet received
--/--/14... Check cashed
--/--/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)
---/---/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for --/--/14)
---/---/14... Early walk-in for Biometrics (Tampa FL)
---/---/14... In line for interview
---/---/14... Interview completed
---/---/14... Oath letter received
---/---/14... Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

Got my wife's interview date today--October 12--so my completion date was 3 days after Virginian but my interview date is two weeks after. Oh well, now we know and it's nice having a date to plan towards.

01-30-2011 - Sent I-130

02-04-2011 - NOA1

05-27-2011 - NOA2

06-06-2011 - NVC Receives

06-15-2011 - AOS Bill

07-01-2011 - IV Bill

08-01-2011 - DS-230 package sent to NVC

08-12-2011 - NVC Case Complete

08-24-2011 - NVC Schedules Interview

09-03-2011 - Embassy receives case file

10-12-2011 - Interview

10-20-2011 - IR-1 visa received

11-15-2011 - Port of Entry

Timeline

Got my wife's interview date today--October 12--so my completion date was 3 days after Virginian but my interview date is two weeks after. Oh well, now we know and it's nice having a date to plan towards.

Looking at other threads some people are getting interviews in other countries in early September. Bangkok must be busy or short staffed.

But at least we have the date and can make medical, travel, family plans. We have to do that ceremony with the strings around the wrist - forget what it's called in Thai. Also I really wanted to get her to the US before winter. I'm concerned how she'll adapt to the cold and snow.

--/--/14... Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We have to do that ceremony with the strings around the wrist - forget what it's called in Thai.

It's called the suu-khwan สู่ขวัญ ceremony. For those unfamiliar, prayers are recited by a special man who is referred to as a suu-khwan doctor. The term suu-khawn means to bind one's soul, as the strings that are placed on the wrists, first by the doctor and then by village elders, are done with blessings. Suu-khwan is often done at marriages, but may also be performed when a member of the household is traveling far away e.g. your wife leaving.

Generally it is best to leave the strings on for at least nine days, a month, or longer i.e. until they fall off. We had a suu-khawn ceremony on July 14th and are both still wearing the strings.

Timeline

Still wearing the strings in Baltimore? I'm sure we'll do the same. I did when I left before.

Thanks for the explanation of suu kwan. My Thai isn't good enough to understand it all when my wife explained it.

--/--/14... Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.