6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Please HELP us. My wife now that came in on K1 Visa, we are having issues with Social Security card. We got married in mid May and applied two days later for social security card on May 16th. We called today to check again and the office that we applied in is claiming they have no record of our application at all. She does not exist. We have two letters from day that we went twice in person with reference number and they can't seem to locate her in the system at all. We received our AOS notice of action 1 along with EOS. We even received her biometrics appointment.

Social security office told these things happen and applications get lost...OMG...r u kidding me and to reapply again.

Not sure of what do now.

PLEASE HELP...

Hi All,

Please HELP us. My wife now that came in on K1 Visa, we are having issues with Social Security card. We got married in mid May and applied two days later for social security card on May 16th. We called today to check again and the office that we applied in is claiming they have no record of our application at all. She does not exist. We have two letters from day that we went twice in person with reference number and they can't seem to locate her in the system at all. We received our AOS notice of action 1 along with EOS. We even received her biometrics appointment.

Social security office told these things happen and applications get lost...OMG...r u kidding me and to reapply again.

Not sure of what do now.

PLEASE HELP...

Exactly what the SSA office told you - reapply again. This will work if she still has 2-3 weeks left on her I-94, otherwise you'll have to wait for the EAD or GC.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Go reapply, thats all you can do. Don't wait go do it ASAP.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Exactly what the SSA office told you - reapply again. This will work if she still has 2-3 weeks left on her I-94, otherwise you'll have to wait for the EAD or GC.

Her I-94 expired in june 29th. but her visa is still good until mid August. Were we supposed to apply for SS card before we got married or after. We wanted to do this once we got married to use my last name so that we don't have to come back again to change her last name.

If we went to reapply for the card again now, would they refuse our application until we get EAD or GC? I don't have days off from work and trying to work around my work schedule for this.

If we applied for SS card before we got married would she have received her card already. I am just afraid that we have to wait for EAD or GC to apply for SS card. This is crazy man.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Her I-94 expired in june 29th. but her visa is still good until mid August. Were we supposed to apply for SS card before we got married or after. We wanted to do this once we got married to use my last name so that we don't have to come back again to change her last name.

If we went to reapply for the card again now, would they refuse our application until we get EAD or GC? I don't have days off from work and trying to work around my work schedule for this.

If we applied for SS card before we got married would she have received her card already. I am just afraid that we have to wait for EAD or GC to apply for SS card. This is crazy man.

The visa expired the day she used it. It is a 1 time use and then void after. The expiration date on the visa is ONLY for using it by that date. It has already been used to enter the USA and is finished.

You can try getting the SSN with proof of AOS NOA1 etc but you may have to now wait until you get the green card. Generally K-1 entrants apply for the SSN 2 weeks after entry.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You'll have to wait until she has the EAD or GC since the I-94 has already expired. (The visa "expired" on the day she used it. The expiration date is just the last date she can activate it by entering the U.S.)

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.