ignacio

what is considered large age difference?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am 32year old us citizen and will turn 33 next month. My fiance turned 21 in feb. Is 12years large enough age difference for us to get denied k-1 visa?

They do not ever and never have denied ANYones visa on the basis of age difference. Some people will say that, particularly in Middle Eastern and other high fraud countries, especially when the woman is older than the man, but it is not because of the age difference, per se.

Kiev is not a high fraud consulate. My wife is 12 years younger than me and we had a "no questions asked" interview in Kiev. I mean NO questions asked, not just no questions about age.

The determining factor is if your age difference goes against long established social traditions. Yours does not. It is not at all unusual for a Ukrainian woman to marry a Ukrainian man 12 years older than her. Very common. (My wife considers a man should be at least 10 years older, 10-15 is "ideal") On the other hand, it is extremely rare for a Morrocan man to marry a Morrocan woman 20 years older than him, particularly if she is past child bearing age and he has no children. When he does this with an American woman, the consulate may suspect that the relationshp is not genuine and it may take additional evidence to overcome this. The visa is denied(ifd it is denied) because the comnsulate was not satisfied it was a geniune relationship, NOT because the woman was 20 years older.

You will have no trouble with this in Kiev.

VJ is a great source of information, but remember that visas are issued by consulates, not by USCIS, and each consulate is different. What you read about Manilla, or Casa Blanca, for example, has no bearing on Kiev. Kiev is an easy consulate to deal with, so far anyway, and if you have all your documents in order and there is not some glaring, horrible circumstance, you will get the visa. If your documents are not in order, you will have the chance to make them right. Prepare well and you will do fine.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

:rofl: :rofl: :wacko:

Get over it..... Not uncommon. I never meant to meet a woman 16/17 years younger than me. Shee_t happens.

There are other Higher age differences.

So you were 32 and she was I guess 20 ? I don't know.

All fine to me.

Responces from her Country is what I would look at. I don't think it will be Negitive.

Good Luck and GO-FOR-IT

Laughing at someone and telling them to "get over it" isn't exactly helpful or polite. It's a bit rude, in fact.

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks to everybody who's commented...it has eased my mind a bit...whole process is stressfull and were just gettn started. I'm hoping to here good news this week...anyone know about how long it will be untill I here smthing from them? I mailed I-129F off friday(7-8-11) two day express

Thanks to everybody who's commented...it has eased my mind a bit...whole process is stressfull and were just gettn started. I'm hoping to here good news this week...anyone know about how long it will be untill I here smthing from them? I mailed I-129F off friday(7-8-11) two day express

You will likely hear something this coming week or next.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am ready to protest this as 70 and 80 year old men in florida are able to bring Russian and asian women here for marriage. but women are discriminated against. So, wathc for this to hit the news. US government says afte 35 can not enlist. age is factor in immigraiotn, you have to reitre at a certain age. This is all against our constitution that says no age, sex and religion discrination.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am ready to protest this as 70 and 80 year old men in florida are able to bring Russian and asian women here for marriage. but women are discriminated against. So, wathc for this to hit the news. US government says afte 35 can not enlist. age is factor in immigraiotn, you have to reitre at a certain age. This is all against our constitution that says no age, sex and religion discrination.

Does our constitution apply to foreigners? They are applying for a visa, not you. YOU submitted a petition and were approved. Again, there is no discrimination related to age, sex or religion. If you demonstate you have a legitimate relationship, you get approved.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

We ahve a 30 year difference and had No Problems or even 1 question at the interview on that subject matter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I asked the question a couple of weeks ago. I am 51 and my girl is 31. I believe that, as others have said, it is more about a real relationship than an age difference.

There will, however, be lots of opinions given by everyone about your younger bride. I have found these to come mainly from American women near my age. All of the guy think that it is great ;)

Good luck,

Jim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

As others have said, age difference isn't a big thing. Just be sure to provide the supporting evidence for "ongoing relationship" etc and you will be fine.

Me and my fiancee are young, and we were questioned on it (asked 2 questions I think), but other than that, nothing more. Providing a strong foundation of evidence to back your relationship up is the most important thing.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks guys...my beautiful fiance is from ukraine...I sent I-129F off Friday just nervouse about everything. Don't want any delays its already been 9 months since we've been together but we email everyweek and I call her atleast once a week...thanks again

u guys talk once in a week??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.