gemcote

I-130 self and child

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Recently my I-130 was approved and forwarded to the NVC. We did not submit the I-130 petition for my daughter until later. We had access issues to resolve with her father first.

I'm curious to know if her petition has been piggy backed with my case # or are they completely independent of each other.

thanks

I-130 (self)

03-13-06 NOA1 mailed

08-03-06 NOA2 mailed - approved

08-30-06 NVC issues case number

09-04-06 NVC generates forms

09-20-06 Received/mailed "Choice of Agent" and Form Fee

09-23-06 email NVC received Choice of Agent and Form Fee

10-15-06 Received Affidavit of Support

10-29-06 Received IV Bill Fee

11-22-06 NVC mailed Checklist and DS-230

I-130 (daughter)

05-05-06 NOA1 mailed - never received mail

06-21-06 RFE sent - never received by mail

07-15-06 NOA1 resent - received

07-15-06 RFE resent

07-31-06 RFE returned

08-09-06 RFE received (email notification) by VSC

11-01-06 NOA2 received

11-17-06 Received/mailed "Choice of Agent" and Form Fee

I-129F

04-05-06 NOA1 mailed and received

07-01-06 RFE mailed - IMBRA - never received mail

08-09-06 RFE mailed again

08-21-06 RFE received and returned by mail

08-26-06 As per US Postal RFE received

09-29-06 email RFE received

10-02-06 "touched"

10-04-06 "touched"

11-17-06 RFE mailed (photo - sure I sent with original)

Recently my I-130 was approved and forwarded to the NVC. We did not submit the I-130 petition for my daughter until later. We had access issues to resolve with her father first.

I'm curious to know if her petition has been piggy backed with my case # or are they completely independent of each other.

thanks

Most likely, they are independent of each other. But maybe someone who dealt with the similar situation can answer it better.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey, been there, done that

once you get your NOA1, call that office and make sure the two petitions are linked...you should be able to check that online.

I did the CR1 so it might be different then yours.

I actually got my interview assigned before my kids' petitions were even approved...after a couple of hurdles, they were able to interview with me.

and remember that whatever fees/documents you provide for yours will have to be the same for your child

Edited by wally

Timeline
hey, been there, done that

once you get your NOA1, call that office and make sure the two petitions are linked...you should be able to check that online.

I did the CR1 so it might be different then yours.

I actually got my interview assigned before my kids' petitions were even approved...after a couple of hurdles, they were able to interview with me.

and remember that whatever fees/documents you provide for yours will have to be the same for your child

Thanks for the info. Do you mind if I ask what kind of hurdles you had to overcome? Maybe your experience can help me! I feel much better knowing it's possible to fast-track my daughters petition - considering mine is already at the NVC.

I-130 (self)

03-13-06 NOA1 mailed

I-130 (daughter)

07-15-06 RFE resent

07-31-06 RFE returned

11-01-06 NOA2 received

I-129F

10-02-06 "touched"

10-04-06 "touched"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

first thing, remember that your's is a K3 so there may be some differences in the approach from USCIS...doesn't your daughter get derivative status?

because I already had my interview, I dealt only with the Montreal consulate...my contact there (and it 3 tries before I got someone through email who would help) made all the connections 1st through USCIS and then NVC..the first person I spoke to told me I was SOL and to wait out the kids' petition and that they would not be granting me a Visa on my own as the assumption was I would not move without them...the first email response I got was to contact NVC...the second email was a generous application to help with a contact name and direct line.

during the time I first made contact, I had the NOA1's for my kids' petitions then they got approved so they were connected with my petition but on the way to NVC. It wasn't until NVC acknowledged them that my contact could trace them and get fast forwarded to Montreal. My contact also confirmed that the kids would interview with me even if I had to change my interview date but she didn't think I'd have to. Fortunately and due to me calling Montreal every few days, she stayed on top of it, once NVC got it, they sent everything to Montreal straight off. I was able to bypass all the documents that were required for NVC and took everything to my interview because they were exactly the same as my husband had to file for me except for the Permission to Move stuff. I provided original (and photocopies for Montreal to keep) documents and the fees (for I-864 and whatever else) at my interview. The medical was a little tricky cause they wanted the kids' appointment letters but I had them call directly to my contact and she told them to do it. My interview was assigned Aug. 16 2005 Our interviews and Visas granted were on Oct. 20. 2005.

I noticed when the agent was flipping through all our files during the interviews..there were several emails and notes from between the consulate, NVC and USCIS. Also all my conversations were noted and placed in the files.

good luck and perservere

Timeline
first thing, remember that your's is a K3 so there may be some differences in the approach from USCIS...doesn't your daughter get derivative status?

because I already had my interview, I dealt only with the Montreal consulate...my contact there (and it 3 tries before I got someone through email who would help) made all the connections 1st through USCIS and then NVC..the first person I spoke to told me I was SOL and to wait out the kids' petition and that they would not be granting me a Visa on my own as the assumption was I would not move without them...the first email response I got was to contact NVC...the second email was a generous application to help with a contact name and direct line.

during the time I first made contact, I had the NOA1's for my kids' petitions then they got approved so they were connected with my petition but on the way to NVC. It wasn't until NVC acknowledged them that my contact could trace them and get fast forwarded to Montreal. My contact also confirmed that the kids would interview with me even if I had to change my interview date but she didn't think I'd have to. Fortunately and due to me calling Montreal every few days, she stayed on top of it, once NVC got it, they sent everything to Montreal straight off. I was able to bypass all the documents that were required for NVC and took everything to my interview because they were exactly the same as my husband had to file for me except for the Permission to Move stuff. I provided original (and photocopies for Montreal to keep) documents and the fees (for I-864 and whatever else) at my interview. The medical was a little tricky cause they wanted the kids' appointment letters but I had them call directly to my contact and she told them to do it. My interview was assigned Aug. 16 2005 Our interviews and Visas granted were on Oct. 20. 2005.

I noticed when the agent was flipping through all our files during the interviews..there were several emails and notes from between the consulate, NVC and USCIS. Also all my conversations were noted and placed in the files.

good luck and perservere

Thanks so much. Your right I did apply for K3 status...but at this rate, I think the I-130 will be processed first. thanks again.

I-130 (self)

03-13-06 NOA1 mailed

I-130 (daughter)

07-15-06 RFE resent

07-31-06 RFE returned

11-01-06 NOA2 received

I-129F

10-02-06 "touched"

10-04-06 "touched"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.