PD is Current.

September 2011 Visa Bulletin Predictions

877 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you have noticed off late, IR1/CR1 applications have increased quite a bit. All USCIS dashboards to recently released I130 receipts/approvals and as a matter of fact even VJ threads indicate USCIS/ Consulates prioritizing immediate relative cases(sans numerical limits) (http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=2&charttype=1).The fact remains there are only so many applications they can funnel through NVC/Consulates. Hence you see details of IR1/CR1 for I130 with PDs like Apr 2011.

And also is a fact that DOS doesnt need to justify why and where the pref visas were issued. So IMHO, F2A interviews dont get priority. Add to it complexities like administrative processing, nothing helps, except for keeping hope as someone rightfully pointed earlier.

I feel DoS tries to jump the PDs up close the FY end just so that their yearly report on visa issuance can say, "We tried, but couldnt allocate visas" and then xfer it to different preference like F4 or to the completed cases like Mexico which may be over 7% quota but better than wasting them or who knows, because of lack of accountability just fudge the numbers for visa statistics. Although I feel there is a good chance of movement of PD in the coming months, I feel looking at the volume of immediate relative petitions, that interviews for F2A may NOT resonate the same notion of PD movement. Here is one immigration attorney's take on why 2010 movement in F2A was rapid - http://imminfo.com/News/Newsletter/2011-2-28/family-based-cutoff-date-movement.html

Edited by kumbahara

Timeline

If you have noticed off late, IR1/CR1 applications have increased quite a bit. All USCIS dashboards to recently released I130 receipts/approvals and as a matter of fact even VJ threads indicate USCIS/ Consulates prioritizing immediate relative cases(sans numerical limits) (http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=2&charttype=1).The fact remains there are only so many applications they can funnel through NVC/Consulates. Hence you see details of IR1/CR1 for I130 with PDs like Apr 2011.

And also is a fact that DOS doesnt need to justify why and where the pref visas were issued. So IMHO, F2A interviews dont get priority. Add to it complexities like administrative processing, nothing helps, except for keeping hope as someone rightfully pointed earlier.

I feel DoS tries to jump the PDs up close the FY end just so that their yearly report on visa issuance can say, "We tried, but couldnt allocate visas" and then xfer it to different preference like F4 or to the completed cases like Mexico which may be over 7% quota but better than wasting them or who knows, because of lack of accountability just fudge the numbers for visa statistics. Although I feel there is a good chance of movement of PD in the coming months, I feel looking at the volume of immediate relative petitions, that interviews for F2A may NOT resonate the same notion of PD movement. Here is one immigration attorney's take on why 2010 movement in F2A was rapid - http://imminfo.com/News/Newsletter/2011-2-28/family-based-cutoff-date-movement.html

I dont agree with the link....bcaz DOS has published in its website the demand data and it is stated that over 300000 ppl are actively siking visa in f2a 2009...(http://www.fangzhoulaw.com/2.pdf) and still the significant advance movement in 2010...really i dont understand this...there is something wrong...

Edited by jhp

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

http://imminfo.com/News/Newsletter/2010-9-15/Family-based-2A-what-is-going-on.html

This is a good reasoning for F2A moving forward and then retrogressing last yr..

i was seeing other forums and no interview to anybody!!!

Jessy89,

Did you call NVC.I guess ur PD is Aug/Sep 2008.

PD: March 2011

Timeline

i was seeing other forums and no interview to anybody!!!

dont worry friends.....bcaz there is no interview info for any family category...so we should not worry bcaz it is not possible that no one will get interview letter for september 2011...and still no one in all the family category has got any interview letter...so i think sooner or latter ..persons in family category will get interview letter including f2a...

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

http://imminfo.com/News/Newsletter/2010-9-15/Family-based-2A-what-is-going-on.html

This is a good reasoning for F2A moving forward and then retrogressing last yr..

Jessy89,

Did you call NVC.I guess ur PD is Aug/Sep 2008.

u are rigth mi PD is 23agu2008, i call yesterday at 8:00pm. but not today, you think i should call?

Timeline

u are rigth mi PD is 23agu2008, i call yesterday at 8:00pm. but not today, you think i should call?

You may try to call DoS at 202-663-1225..press 1 then 0, I believe they should have firstly known about your interview date.

USCIS

PRIORITY DATE : FEBRUARY 3RD, 2010

CASE APPROVED ON SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2010

NVC

CASE COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 21ST, 2010

^^^VISA APPROVED ON JULY 3RD, 2012^^^

just call, no iterview for me,

question, even they are not availible on the phone, the NVC still working on weekends???/

You may try to call DoS at 202-663-1225..press 1 then 0, I believe they should have firstly known about your interview date.

ok. i will try. that's in english or spanish

Edited by jessy89

@ Ladydare and Miraya, many thanks for your great words of comfort. I trust He is in a better place now.

Regarding the upcoming VB and interview schedule, things are quiet at the other forums. Will keep you informed further.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.