la2012

Total EXPENSES FOR K1 VISA IN MANILA

35 posts in this topic

BTW, the OP doesn't mention whether they are the petitioner or the applicant. I was thinking they're the applicant.

Kev

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1.) Broke

2.) Tight On Funds

3.) Tightwad

4.) Cheap

5.) Unempolyed

6.) Budget Conscious

7.) Writing a Book

LOL..."Tall" you always have me cracking up!!:rofl::lol::rofl:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Please forgive me if this question is offensive, but I just have to ask. Why do you need to know the exact amount?

Sincerely,

Kevin

oh just to be blunt with you, we are a young aged couple and we are both starting in life.. independent and we basically will only have just the 2 of us who will have to strive for anything and not be asking for any inlaws to help us out. isn't the question obvious that we have to prepare and save up for the necessary expenses that we need? id much appreciate it if you just helped answer my question but of course, expect nothing frm a stranger. thanks for ur time typing such unnecessary question.. gesus!

Timeline

Do not forget to factor in a few Redhorse Beers and a couple Tanduay Rums Depending if your Honey Pie is from another island or not, worst case, it could run you at about $5,000 USD at minimum and a few centavos....from the start to the AOS once she is in your home..... But WAIT..... the ROC costs about another 500. Plus you need to factor in the cost of your trip to meet her. OH did I forget all the money you will have to send her family.

This link kind of sums it up.......

:pop::crying::unsure:

oh wow.. really?? you really think all filipinas out there are only up for a grab of gold just so the guy could support her family? what an amazing stereo type.. really impressive.. oh well, the age difference somehow is a factor in a genuine relationship.. we are both in the same age, both went to college, educated and it is not just about being in the states, but it is about being with that right person whom you will be with for the rest of your life. even if life in the Philippines isn't as great as the westerns, i asked him to just move in over in here just so we dont have to deal with any of these documents but things are complicated cos he has his own responsibilities in his job as well. you know if a dignified woman has an option between a young guy and an old grandpa, she would really rather go for a young guy.. who wants to be with an older guy who's 35 years away from her age anyway? but ofcourse, if the person is a gold digger who only wanted to be brought in the states and just so someone could support her, then the exception of choosing the older guy who already has his retirement savings would be a better option. i'd rather you think of what you say first before you start putting judgments to anyone. thanks for a helpful reply though.

oh just to be blunt with you, we are a young aged couple and we are both starting in life.. independent and we basically will only have just the 2 of us who will have to strive for anything and not be asking for any inlaws to help us out. isn't the question obvious that we have to prepare and save up for the necessary expenses that we need? id much appreciate it if you just helped answer my question but of course, expect nothing frm a stranger. thanks for ur time typing such unnecessary question.. gesus!

You question has already been answered.

You two will be fine and it will be good for ya'll going thru this process, it will make both of you stronger and learn to lean on each other.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

I thought maybe you'd take that question the way you did. I'm glad to hear that is the reason. I hope you understand there could have been several reasons that a person would ask the EXACT AMOUNT in all caps like that.

You could have been the petitioner and not trust your fiance. That would not be good.

You could have been the applicant and think that your fiance doesn't trust you. That wouldn't be good either.

Thankfully neither is the case apparently. I just want to say as many have said before, expect the best and plan for the worst. Major expenses can pop up when you least expect it. Health insurance in the US is a major expense many people don't think about. To go without it can lead to a fast bankruptcy.

Kevin

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Timeline

You question has already been answered.

You two will be fine and it will be good for ya'll going thru this process, it will make both of you stronger and learn to lean on each other.

oh thank you a lot for such a beautiful encouragement. i really really appreciate it :)

oh wow.. really?? you really think all filipinas out there are only up for a grab of gold just so the guy could support her family? what an amazing stereo type.. really impressive.. oh well, the age difference somehow is a factor in a genuine relationship.. we are both in the same age, both went to college, educated and it is not just about being in the states, but it is about being with that right person whom you will be with for the rest of your life. even if life in the Philippines isn't as great as the westerns, i asked him to just move in over in here just so we dont have to deal with any of these documents but things are complicated cos he has his own responsibilities in his job as well. you know if a dignified woman has an option between a young guy and an old grandpa, she would really rather go for a young guy.. who wants to be with an older guy who's 35 years away from her age anyway? but ofcourse, if the person is a gold digger who only wanted to be brought in the states and just so someone could support her, then the exception of choosing the older guy who already has his retirement savings would be a better option. i'd rather you think of what you say first before you start putting judgments to anyone. thanks for a helpful reply though.

LA2012,

Relax a minute, ok? I recommend you read every single post on the first 4 pages of this forum, then start asking questions. Why? Because you will find that most people on here mean very well, but sometimes, things come across wrong when typed and you can't see/hear their faces. And you will not always agree with all opinions you read here, so you just have to sort thru that.

Nothing wrong with being young, in love, and poor. In fact, the majority of us started out that way. You have a long road ahead of you, trying to be together in the US, and it will be expensive, too. I would say that $5,000 is pretty close to the end amount of money you will spend, but it can be spread out over a year or more. There is an initial fee of $455 just to file a petition (I think this cost actually went down after we filed last August, current fees are on the USCIS website), there is a medical fee of $213, there is visa fee of $350, and that is just to get approved visa. And then there is the cost of a plane ticket, typically around $1,000, airport taxes, CFO fee, the cost of a marriage license, then filing for Adjustment of Status (AOS), around $1,070, and that should be done ASAP after getting married. And as mentioned, none of this includes the costs of food, travel, and lodging to and from MNL.

Yes, it is expensive, but you don't need to have all the money at once, you can either save it up and have it set aside, or just pay as you go. But it would be really bad to pay for an application, and an exam fee, only to not have the money for the visa fee. So I say save at least $2,000 before you apply, or at least know you can have it saved by the time you will receive your visa (this can take from 2-5 months). Once you get your visa, you only have 6 months to get to the USA. And once in the USA, only 90 days to get married. So there are time constraints.

As I said up front, relax. Everyone here is on your side, we are all doing the same thing, but you are new here, and your question is a hard one to answer. You will figure it all out, and most here will be helpful. Lots to learn here, and as TCO said, you will grow in the process of learning. Wish you the best on your journey, but I hope you take my advice and read a lot here. As you read, you will have many questions, but if you keep reading, all of them WILL BE ANSWERED, I promise.

Salamat po and walang anuman po!

LA2012,

Relax a minute, ok? I recommend you read every single post on the first 4 pages of this forum, then start asking questions. Why? Because you will find that most people on here mean very well, but sometimes, things come across wrong when typed and you can't see/hear their faces. And you will not always agree with all opinions you read here, so you just have to sort thru that.

Nothing wrong with being young, in love, and poor. In fact, the majority of us started out that way. You have a long road ahead of you, trying to be together in the US, and it will be expensive, too. I would say that $5,000 is pretty close to the end amount of money you will spend, but it can be spread out over a year or more. There is an initial fee of $455 just to file a petition (I think this cost actually went down after we filed last August, current fees are on the USCIS website), there is a medical fee of $213, there is visa fee of $350, and that is just to get approved visa. And then there is the cost of a plane ticket, typically around $1,000, airport taxes, CFO fee, the cost of a marriage license, then filing for Adjustment of Status (AOS), around $1,070, and that should be done ASAP after getting married. And as mentioned, none of this includes the costs of food, travel, and lodging to and from MNL.

Yes, it is expensive, but you don't need to have all the money at once, you can either save it up and have it set aside, or just pay as you go. But it would be really bad to pay for an application, and an exam fee, only to not have the money for the visa fee. So I say save at least $2,000 before you apply, or at least know you can have it saved by the time you will receive your visa (this can take from 2-5 months). Once you get your visa, you only have 6 months to get to the USA. And once in the USA, only 90 days to get married. So there are time constraints.

As I said up front, relax. Everyone here is on your side, we are all doing the same thing, but you are new here, and your question is a hard one to answer. You will figure it all out, and most here will be helpful. Lots to learn here, and as TCO said, you will grow in the process of learning. Wish you the best on your journey, but I hope you take my advice and read a lot here. As you read, you will have many questions, but if you keep reading, all of them WILL BE ANSWERED, I promise.

+1 :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

It would behoove you to heed this advise. I think it is safe to assume a budget on the conservative side of $4,000 but can get closer $5,000.

When you're done with this process and are together, you will look back and be thankful for this website. So, take it in stride and good luck

on your journey. When all is said and done, let us know what the EXACT AMOUNT is...just kidding...:rofl:

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

By the way, knowing the exact amount of the fees isn't that helpful. I'm assuming you'll be paying for plane tickets to Manila for the interview and the medical; plus the cost of hotels while there. Of course the medical may involve more than one trip (stupid sputum test) and that will mean more plane tickets and hotels.

So, even knowing the fees, you'll still have extra costs that could vary a lot.

This is an expensive process and we're not all wealthy, so save as much as you can as quickly as you can.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Timeline

LA2012,

i really appreciate your time to respond and taking the time to help my question out. my apology if i worded such things in an insulting/not so agreeable way though. once again, thank you a lot :)

Timeline

By the way, knowing the exact amount of the fees isn't that helpful. I'm assuming you'll be paying for plane tickets to Manila for the interview and the medical; plus the cost of hotels while there. Of course the medical may involve more than one trip (stupid sputum test) and that will mean more plane tickets and hotels.

So, even knowing the fees, you'll still have extra costs that could vary a lot.

This is an expensive process and we're not all wealthy, so save as much as you can as quickly as you can.

Good luck. :thumbs:

im not from the outside of the city so i dont have to be worried about domestic plane tickets or hotels. just really need the estimated calculation for all the necessary payments. thanks :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.