SLP1023

Interview Expectations, Timeline

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

my husband and I applied for AOS in May, completed Biometrics June 3rd and have our interview on July 19th. I've been reading around and it says that if all goes well at the interview, then the green card comes within "weeks" of the interview, but someone told me that it can take up to a year?!? Does anyone know if in fact this is true???

Also...we applied for EAD at the same time as our AOS, and have heard NOTHING. Has anyone had the same experience? would love some info!!

Thanks! -Joanna

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wouldn't worry about EAD the GC interview is coming up and you will have the GC soon, EAD would no longer be usable.

Though I have seen some people posting on VJ about never getting EAD and getting the GC.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Wouldn't worry about EAD the GC interview is coming up and you will have the GC soon, EAD would no longer be usable.

Though I have seen some people posting on VJ about never getting EAD and getting the GC.

Thanks! That's very helpful. It just seems like everything up to this point has taken so LONG, and now this has gone fairly fast....so I don't want to feel like it's "too good to be true"?!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks! That's very helpful. It just seems like everything up to this point has taken so LONG, and now this has gone fairly fast....so I don't want to feel like it's "too good to be true"?!

Hi SLP!

I felt same way..am a May AOS filer too...pls join you in this link in VJ:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/307390-aos-may-2011-filers/page__pid__4761353__st__45#entry4761353

Fret not, like Inky said there have been people on here who got their GCs without EAD. Please see my timeline:

10/2009 - met online

11/2010 - came here on B1/B2 visa

12/2010 - first meeting in person in Chicago, IL

03/2011 - moved in with him in IN

4/25/11 - got married in Mitchell, IN

5/02/11 - sent AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765) to Chicago Lockbox

5/04/11 - AOS packet received by Chicago Lockbox

5/23/11 - Received NOA for RFE (I-693)

5/27/11 - Sent RFE to DHS Lee's Summit, MO

6/02/11 - DHS Lee's Summit received REF reply

6/06/11 - Biometrics done at Louisville, KY as per NOA schedule

6/24/11 - Received NOA for July 25 interview in Indianapolis, IN

6/30/11 – Received text and email messages EAD card on production

7/25/11 – AOS interview @10am in Indianapolis, IN

I-130 Petition for a Minor Child of USC

6/25/11 - Sent I-130 packet for stepchild

6/27/11 – USCIS receipt date

6/28/11 - Received text and email messages stating USCIS received it and moved case to CSC for processing

7/01/11 - Touched

7/02/11 – Received NOA1

Please post yours too.

Have a good 4th of July!Good luck on your interview and do share with us your interview experience if you want.

Almost everybody gets their card within weeks of the interview. There's always exceptions where things happen and it gets hung up after the interview, but not usually. You may get the EAD card before the interview because the usual timeframe on those is 60-90 days. If your greencard is approved first (because they're going so fast), then they won't bother issuing an EAD card. You won't need it because the GC authorizes you to work. Some offices have even taken the EAD card at the interview. I've read of other offices that gave an envelope and said to mail the EAD card to the office when the GC arrived.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey there, i also sent my AOS in may and no EAD yet, but thank the LORD i have my interview for july 20th one day after yours...so it looks like its normal , Good luck

my husband and I applied for AOS in May, completed Biometrics June 3rd and have our interview on July 19th. I've been reading around and it says that if all goes well at the interview, then the green card comes within "weeks" of the interview, but someone told me that it can take up to a year?!? Does anyone know if in fact this is true???

Also...we applied for EAD at the same time as our AOS, and have heard NOTHING. Has anyone had the same experience? would love some info!!

Thanks! -Joanna

Thanks! -Joanna

That is an excellent timeline, you got lucky! You will get your GC soon after the interview, just make sure you come prepared for your interview so that there will be no causes for delay :) CONGRATS! :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Almost everybody gets their card within weeks of the interview. There's always exceptions where things happen and it gets hung up after the interview, but not usually. You may get the EAD card before the interview because the usual timeframe on those is 60-90 days. If your greencard is approved first (because they're going so fast), then they won't bother issuing an EAD card. You won't need it because the GC authorizes you to work. Some offices have even taken the EAD card at the interview. I've read of other offices that gave an envelope and said to mail the EAD card to the office when the GC arrived.

Why are ya'll doing interviews?

I did a K1 and did the initial interview in Manila, after that doing AOS/ROC all we did was fill out paperwork and go to Biometrics. We got approved on AOS and ROC and got 2 year and 10 year GC in mail.

Is it mainly married filers who get interviews for AOS?

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why are ya'll doing interviews?

I did a K1 and did the initial interview in Manila, after that doing AOS/ROC all we did was fill out paperwork and go to Biometrics. We got approved on AOS and ROC and got 2 year and 10 year GC in mail.

Is it mainly married filers who get interviews for AOS?

Lots of people adjusting from a K-1 get interviewed. It seems to be about a 50-50 chance on whether you get one or not.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.