cgayle

after the interview

52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your very welcomed. We have a 16 year age difference. Im not really sure what to say about your particular case but maybe your petition expired and that could be a possibility they sent it back, they could suspect marriage fraud, it could be anything.

Some couples are experience this from the Jamaican Embassy and are stuck in limbo as to what is going on, or even what they should do. You're not alone...Im sorry you are going through this.

The priority date on ours is 10/18/2010. Do you think it has expired with this date?

Filed: Timeline

Please note an 130 does not have an expiration date once it is approved. I again am saying you are focusing on the wrong thing. Question" what do you have to show that your marriage is not for fraud? If this question was asked of you? This is what you should be focusing on.

The Poster in your other thread gave you some good advise on what you should be doing next.

Timeline

Please note an 130 does not have an expiration date once it is approved. I again am saying you are focusing on the wrong thing. Question" what do you have to show that your marriage is not for fraud? If this question was asked of you? This is what you should be focusing on.

The Poster in your other thread gave you some good advise on what you should be doing next.

You have been so helpful through this with me that first of all I just want to say thank you very much. I have several questions for you. I just came back from Jamaica on the 20th of June. I was there since the 8th of June. I stayed at my husbands house with his family. Do you think it would help if each of his family members that was with us was to write a letter to confirm they were with us and witnessed our relationship. Do you think I should go to Jamaica and stay for a while to help with the verification of our marriage?

Filed: Timeline

You have been so helpful through this with me that first of all I just want to say thank you very much. I have several questions for you. I just came back from Jamaica on the 20th of June. I was there since the 8th of June. I stayed at my husbands house with his family. Do you think it would help if each of his family members that was with us was to write a letter to confirm they were with us and witnessed our relationship. Do you think I should go to Jamaica and stay for a while to help with the verification of our marriage?

You are most welcome, yes letters from his side of the family wouldn't hurt. If you can go and stay for a while it would help, but make sure someone is getting your mail so you can respond to any request quickly.

Who interviewed your husband at the embassy? Look for patterns and descriptives in answers. Have plenty of pictures, add him to any accounts that you can without him being present in the US. You have children, how have they responded to your marriage, neg or positive, minimize the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to say this but unfortunately age DOES make a difference and it is definitely a cause for DENIAL. Trust me on this one. So people are not trying to be mean. They are being truthful although they could speak with a little more empathy. The US embassy have denied visas based on a wide age gap with the female spouse/fiance being the older from way before and sadly it seems they continue to do so. And boy do that 30+ year old white man CO sounds familar.

People who have been denied visas at the USEM in Ja really need to do some comparisons and see that they will surprisingly (well, maybe not) come up with a lot of similarities in their cases. Two already have been mentioned :whistle:

Timeline

Sorry to say this but unfortunately age DOES make a difference and it is definitely a cause for DENIAL. Trust me on this one. So people are not trying to be mean. They are being truthful although they could speak with a little more empathy. The US embassy have denied visas based on a wide age gap with the female spouse/fiance being the older from way before and sadly it seems they continue to do so. And boy do that 30+ year old white man CO sounds familar.

People who have been denied visas at the USEM in Ja really need to do some comparisons and see that they will surprisingly (well, maybe not) come up with a lot of similarities in their cases. Two already have been mentioned :whistle:

Hi SlimT&R

Did you have an age difference? Did you get denied? I am just curious. Also do you know of anyone with an age difference to be approved after the case was sent back to the USCIS? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i had to jump in on this comment..i filed a k1 visa. i amm 33 and my fiance is 22. i totally disagree with that statement a nuh evry 22 yr old jamaican man a galis. theres plenty men that want to settle down and be with one woman..its just a matter of finding the right person. i contemplate this 11 yr age diff every day!! but i pray to God embassy dont see age as an issue the way you and few other people do!!

At Peace we are not saying that a age differnece is the factor for denial of visas coming out of Jamaica but you must admit that it raises a flag. For cgayle case the CO probably had it predetermine that the marriage had to be fake b4 the interview started. what she should do is have all her evidence together to show them that the marriage is real whenever they get a chance to. I know when I went to my fiance's interview one guy got a denial because the CO said that the marriage wasn't real bcuz they only had 4 pple at their wedding. The CO ask the man What JAcan gets married and only had 4 pple at the wedding? The man that was being interview was lost for words he didn't say a word he looked confused. In this immigration process the least of any mishaps can be your down fall. For Mrs.cgayle don't take this the wrong way but their is a huge age difference between you and your husband. The average JAcan man does not get married at age 22 they are looking to sow their wild oaks so one have to wonder if a 51 and 24 yrs old marriage is for real.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.