larrykarry

Feeling very blue from blue slip

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you everyone from this amazing website. I have studied this website and read up on it everyday so I am certainly surprise with the outcome today. My financee interview was yesterday in Guanzhou, China. On the first day she submitted her documents, we realized we made a big mistake. We double check all our documents a week before and made sure all the t where crossed and i are dotted but we realized a name was spelled incorrectly on the I-134. Since I was in the States and she was in China I decided to fix it, sign it, scan it and send her a copy of it through email so she can print it out and bring it with her a week later to Guanzhou. When she submitted the document the clerk mentioned this can be an issue during the interview, since it was not ther "orignal document". Therefore yesterday i try to figure what i can do to fix it. I made a copy of it and sign it front of a public notary and fax it over with the contact information of the public notary agent butagain the interviewr did not approve of it. Not realizing how strict the counsel was with original document they gave a blue slip. Now she back to BJ and i just send it over the original document first class hopefully it arrive early next week avoiding the US holidays.

Do any of you have this experience with Blue or similar issue? How long does it usally take Guanzhou embassy to schedule a second interview? And is there anything else we should be aware of? This process is really tough and getting a blue for all the patience, time and heart given in is really sad and frustrating. Thanks for all your feedback and support. Best luck to all of you.

FYI:Another thing I noticed in China is there arefake notary services that have a legit sign in the office but are not registered with the goverment. Please be careful and make sure. That issue also delayed us but lucky we were able to fix the problem proir to going to embassy. But anyway still BLUE :(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do any of you have this experience with Blue or similar issue? How long does it usally take Guanzhou embassy to schedule a second interview? And is there anything else we should be aware of? This process is really tough and getting a blue for all the patience, time and heart given in is really sad and frustrating. Thanks for all your feedback and support. Best luck to all of you.

Sorry to hear that you got Blue due to the I-134. That seems to be a small issue. From what I've read, no one can tell you how long you'll have to wait, it varies, but judging from what they want you to send in, it shouldn't take too long. It's not like they are putting you on AP because of CCP membership or something else.

It might be a callback letter to have your fiancee give them her passport and then wait a few days to get her visa.

Hope that helps :)

ROC

2014-05-17 (Sat) Card Received! Text and email: "The USPS reported that your new card was delivered on May 17, 2014"

2014-05-15 (Thurs) Received "USPS picked up mail from USCIS" text and email

2014-05-15 (Thurs) Received "card mailed" text and email

2014-05-14 (Wed) Received "card production" text and email

2014-05-12 (Mon) Received approval letter

2014-05-08 (Thurs) Date of Decision - Approved!

2013-11-29 (Fri) Early Biometrics done on Black Friday

2013-11-18 (Mon) Received Biometrics Appointment letter for 12/04/13

2013-11-09 (Sat) NOA1 Hardcopy

2013-11-08 (Fri) Check cashed

2013-11-06 (Wed) NOA1 Receipt Date

2013-11-04 (Mon) Mailed ROC Package

AOS

2012-02-11 (Sat) Green Card arrived!!

2012-02-09 (Thurs) Received Permanent Resident Welcome Letter

2012-02-07 (Tues) 12:45am I-485 Card Production (ordered production)

2012-02-06 (Mon) 6:45pm I-485 Decision (registered PR status)

2012-02-06 (Mon) 3:00pm I-485 Card Production (ordered production)

2011-12-08 (Thurs) Received EAD/AP combo card

2011-11-30 (Wed) Email/text: I-131(AP) approved. I-765(EAD) card production.

2011-10-25 (Tues) Completed biometrics

2011-10-21 (Fri) I-485 case transferred

2011-10-10 (Tues) Two NOA's: I-485 and I-765 payment receipts. Notice date 10/03/11

2011-10-08 (Sat) Biometrics Appointment letter for 10/25/11

2011-10-04 (Tues) Check cashed.

2011-10-03 (Mon) NOA's for I-485, I-131, and I-765

2011-09-30 (Fri) USCIS web status shows receipt for I-485, I-131, and I-765

2011-09-29 (Thurs) USPS delivery confirmation

2011-09-27 (Tues) Mailed AOS package

k-1

2011-07-25 (Mon) Visa in hand!!

2011-07-19 (Tue) Interview at 7:30am - Approved!!

2011-07-18 (Mon) Document in-take at 12:30pm

2011-05-19 (Thu) NOA2 (160 days from NOA1)

2010-12-15 (Wed) NOA1 hard copy received

2010-12-09 (Thu) I-129F package arrived USCIS PO Box in Dallas

2010-12-07 (Tue) Mailed I-129F package

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Other than a slight inconvenience -- assuming the I-134 is sufficient -- you have no worries. You made a mistake, it'll be rectified by sending in the correct original, and then you can have your second interview.

Being denied is true cause for feeling blue. Consider yourself lucky that you're still in the game.

Good luck.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wow!! You sent it first class mail? Have you ever sent anything from the US to China via first class mail? If so, how long did it take. I can tell you that just 2 weeks ago I took a large envelope to the post office, paid postage, and addressed it to a friend one zip code away from mine in the same city. It took 11 days.

Always send something important via certified mail, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.

Now she back to BJ and i just send it over the original document first class hopefully it arrive early next week avoiding the US holidays.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Timeline

Wow!! You sent it first class mail? Have you ever sent anything from the US to China via first class mail? If so, how long did it take. I can tell you that just 2 weeks ago I took a large envelope to the post office, paid postage, and addressed it to a friend one zip code away from mine in the same city. It took 11 days.

Always send something important via certified mail, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.

Yeah i sent the most expensive way. Will arrive in China on Wednesday. for $40 for piece of letter. Not sure if it has to stay in custom. Thanks anyway

Sorry to hear that you got Blue due to the I-134. That seems to be a small issue. From what I've read, no one can tell you how long you'll have to wait, it varies, but judging from what they want you to send in, it shouldn't take too long. It's not like they are putting you on AP because of CCP membership or something else.

It might be a callback letter to have your fiancee give them her passport and then wait a few days to get her visa.

Hope that helps :)

That will be the best case scenario as of now. Just having our fingers crossed.

Edited by larrykarry

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you everyone from this amazing website. I have studied this website and read up on it everyday so I am certainly surprise with the outcome today. My financee interview was yesterday in Guanzhou, China. On the first day she submitted her documents, we realized we made a big mistake. We double check all our documents a week before and made sure all the t where crossed and i are dotted but we realized a name was spelled incorrectly on the I-134. Since I was in the States and she was in China I decided to fix it, sign it, scan it and send her a copy of it through email so she can print it out and bring it with her a week later to Guanzhou. When she submitted the document the clerk mentioned this can be an issue during the interview, since it was not ther "orignal document". Therefore yesterday i try to figure what i can do to fix it. I made a copy of it and sign it front of a public notary and fax it over with the contact information of the public notary agent butagain the interviewr did not approve of it. Not realizing how strict the counsel was with original document they gave a blue slip. Now she back to BJ and i just send it over the original document first class hopefully it arrive early next week avoiding the US holidays.

FYI:Another thing I noticed in China is there arefake notary services that have a legit sign in the office but are not registered with the goverment. Please be careful and make sure. That issue also delayed us but lucky we were able to fix the problem proir to going to embassy. But anyway still BLUE :(

Best to send things to China via Express or Priority Mail. There will be no second "interview". Her blue slip will instruct her as to how to submit any requested document. If she is required to submit it in person, that's all she'll do. No second interview on a blue slip. Read the slip carefully and follow the instructions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok, you must not have sent it First Class mail then as First Class mail is least expensive way. Hopefully you sent it Priority or Express as Pushbrk has mentioned. It sounds like you did, based on the cost.

Yeah i sent the most expensive way. Will arrive in China on Wednesday. for $40 for piece of letter. Not sure if it has to stay in custom. Thanks anyway

That will be the best case scenario as of now. Just having our fingers crossed.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Timeline

Best to send things to China via Express or Priority Mail. There will be no second "interview". Her blue slip will instruct her as to how to submit any requested document. If she is required to submit it in person, that's all she'll do. No second interview on a blue slip. Read the slip carefully and follow the instructions.

So are you saying once she submit it and if everything is ok then she is approved? no need to go back to guanzhou

Timeline

So are you saying once she submit it and if everything is ok then she is approved? no need to go back to guanzhou. they want it to be mailed

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So are you saying once she submit it and if everything is ok then she is approved? no need to go back to guanzhou. they want it to be mailed

I don't know what the blue slip says. Follow those instructions. What does it say?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I don't know what the blue slip says. Follow those instructions. What does it say?

The clerk in the window say she must mail it back and must come back in for the interview. The letter say unless specifically specified to come back from embassy. I guess we just have to wait until they get back to us. Thanks

Timeline

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

We went through GZ embassy, they were nice but through. Get your original and you should be good to go. I am lucky my wife is very smart and her speaking English helped with her interview. She was the only one passed on her morning.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.