clueless_in_usa

The wife wants to return to Russia

200 posts in this topic

For sure. You're a guest when you're in another country, and you should act appropriately. I can't feel sorry for someone when they pay the consequences for rude behavior.

It's nice to see you advocate bribery and police corruption.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
"musor"=trash

"ment" doesn't have any other meaning, but it's an not-nice word for police... most common one you'll hear.

People will say "svinya," for "pig," too.

In Spanish, this would be "puerco" (or "puerca" for a sow), si man. Those terms are used in Texas, too.
If you ask me they ought to give these goons .22 pistols and pay them $10 for every feral dog they shoot and bring to the dump.
Or, equally good, we could give the goons .22 pistols, ship them to Ecuador, and pay them $10 for every rooster that they shoot, si man. Then, maybe Gringo visitors can get some sleep there, zzz man. Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In Spanish, this would be "puerco" (or "puerca" for a sow), si man. Those terms are used in Texas, too.

Or, equally good, we could give the goons .22 pistols, ship them to Ecuador, and pay them $10 for every rooster that they shoot, si man. Then, maybe Gringo visitors can get some sleep there, zzz man.

:rofl: Feral roosters! There are problems everywhere.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

:rofl: Feral roosters! There are problems everywhere.

There would never be feral roosters in RUB countries. People would catch them and eat them.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sometimes bribery and police corruption are a feature, not a bug. Did you really want to sit in jail for a couple weeks to have your day in court, pay your fine, and then be disbarred from receiving a visa ever again?

Edited by SMR

Change in Russia will come from Russians, not tourists. By getting yourself arrested, the only point you're making is that foreigners are trouble-makers, and possibly easy marks.

Edited by Captain Hammer

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
There would never be feral roosters in RUB countries. People would catch them and eat them.
This happens in Ecuador, too, especially with those that lose at the cockfights (which are BIG entertainment & gambling business down there, with printed flyers & everything), si man.

In order, the largest population groups in Ecu are:

1. Roosters*

2. Mosquitoes**

3. Dogs***

4. People****

*99.44% of which park outside T-B.'s window in any city or town and vocalize in predetermined consecutive order, beginning at approximately 12:30 a.m.

**100% of which smell T-B. half a block away & shout to their buddies, "All-day buffet!"

***None of which have ever been neutered, spayed, or bathed, or sometimes fed

****All of whom, whenever T-B. attempts to say anything in Spanish, look greatly alarmed and urgently point T-B. to the nearest restroom

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Sometimes bribery and police corruption are a feature, not a bug. Did you really want to sit in jail for a couple weeks to have your day in court, pay your fine, and then be disbarred from receiving a visa ever again?

I have nothing against bribery as long as it's within a reasonable amount. Not everything I have in my wallet and then a trip to the ATM to grease those fks even more. If the cop was clean, I would have been run in and then sent back...but I made it back to Belarus. so alls well that ends well.

Change in Russia will come from Russians, not tourists. By getting yourself arrested, the only point you're making is that foreigners are trouble-makers, and possibly easy marks.

"Change will come from Russians" ha ha. Nothing is going to change there anytime soon. Corruption is off the hook there, it starts from the top and runs downhill. Even Tsar Putin is worth billions. He fires a few peeps on TV, or yells at them...the government owned and controlled media puts it on the air and the brainwashed peasants there eat it up. Even the ex mayor of Moscow...Luzkhov or whatever his name is was Tsar Putin's man until the bribe money stopped coming in. That country is corrupt, it's always been corrupt, and chances are it will remain corrupt. It's the culture. Russians can talk about this, and talk about that...but in reality and not through rainbow covered glasses...it's going to remain a corrupt country who will never even come close to reaching it's full potential. The closest Russia ever came to that was with Stalin and only after millions of people died working in his labor camps whether it was on dams, railways, buildings, whatever. It's the Russian way of life.

You can talk about the mafia here in the US, Wall Street, whatever, but it doesn't make a hair on an elephant's ####### compared to what goes on over there on a daily basis.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

"Change will come from Russians" ha ha. Nothing is going to change there anytime soon. Corruption is off the hook there, it starts from the top and runs downhill. Even Tsar Putin is worth billions. He fires a few peeps on TV, or yells at them...the government owned and controlled media puts it on the air and the brainwashed peasants there eat it up. Even the ex mayor of Moscow...Luzkhov or whatever his name is was Tsar Putin's man until the bribe money stopped coming in. That country is corrupt, it's always been corrupt, and chances are it will remain corrupt. It's the culture. Russians can talk about this, and talk about that...but in reality and not through rainbow covered glasses...it's going to remain a corrupt country who will never even come close to reaching it's full potential. The closest Russia ever came to that was with Stalin and only after millions of people died working in his labor camps whether it was on dams, railways, buildings, whatever. It's the Russian way of life.

You can talk about the mafia here in the US, Wall Street, whatever, but it doesn't make a hair on an elephant's ####### compared to what goes on over there on a daily basis.

Let me rephrase: Change, if it happens at all, will come from Russians. It will never come from tourists or any other outsiders, especially Americans. But yes I agree, corruption is pervasive and debilitating for Russia and all of Eastern Europe. There seems to be no end in sight; as my wife has said, Russia has it's own boot on it's own neck.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Let me rephrase: Change, if it happens at all, will come from Russians. It will never come from tourists or any other outsiders, especially Americans. But yes I agree, corruption is pervasive and debilitating for Russia and all of Eastern Europe. There seems to be no end in sight; as my wife has said, Russia has it's own boot on it's own neck.

Not all of Eastern Europe...Romania yes, the RUB country's yes, but not the Baltics. It's all about culture. RUB country's along with Romania and Moldovia are in a league of their own...along with the Albanians. Hungary, Poland, Czek Republic, even Slovakia doesn't even come close to those country's named up above in the corruption dept.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

the government owned and controlled media puts it on the air and the brainwashed peasants there eat it up.

:rofl: You see Russians through an American's eyes.

People in the US might believe in what they see on TV, but that's not the case with Russians. That's why we call it "zomboyaschik" ("zombiebox").

Edited by ONA

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

:rofl: You see Russians through an American's eyes.

People in the US might believe in what they see on TV, but that's not the case with Russians. That's why we call it "zomboyaschik" ("zombiebox").

I don't watch news here unless it's local news. BBC and Reuters online ftw. US news has turned into complete bs. No news on Iraq or that other war unless it's some stupid ####### human rights story about amputee's getting new arms and legs....usually peeps bombed from US war planes and not the Taliban. It's enough to make me want to puke.

sigbet.jpg

On the subject of corruption:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/13/russia-boat-tragedies-idUSLDE76B0QC20110713

It would be one thing if corruption only led to economic problems. But thousands of Russians die every year because of it, and that's the real tragedy. Hopefully Russians will collectively tire of it someday and affect real change. Nobody else can fix the problem but Russia.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't watch news here unless it's local news. BBC and Reuters online ftw. US news has turned into complete bs. No news on Iraq or that other war unless it's some stupid ####### human rights story about amputee's getting new arms and legs....usually peeps bombed from US war planes and not the Taliban. It's enough to make me want to puke.

I like Euronews.

I'm never watching BBC again, cause I had to watch it for Current Affairs class for 2 years... :help:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.