spikedog

What are your 'friends' saying?

221 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Darren, as long as you and your soon to be wife are happy, then don't worry about what others are saying. Some people, for some reason, will always want to criticize. :thumbs:

My intention was not to criticize, just having a conversation. If we were sitting around a table sharing a drink and laughing and talking saying these exact words and having a little bit of robust dialog.. Nobody would bat an eye and hey there might even be a little bit of friendship bonding. That was how I was looking it.. No harm, no foul. I wish nothing but future hapiness for Darren and his soon-to-be Wife.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

My intention was not to criticize, just having a conversation. If we were sitting around a table sharing a drink and laughing and talking saying these exact words and having a little bit of robust dialog.. Nobody would bat an eye and hey there might even be a little bit of friendship bonding. That was how I was looking it.. No harm, no foul. I wish nothing but future hapiness for Darren and his soon-to-be Wife.

Well, what exactly are you trying to say? I've been reading this all and I really don't understand what the point is you're trying to make. So, go ahead and explain it to me. And use small words and pretend I'm the dumbest person you'll ever meet; and, sadly, you won't be too far off with that assessment. :blush:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need small words... right now the books I am reading are cat in the hat, and see spot run. run spot run. small words work the best for me. I am a edumicated odiot. Somehow I reverted to the 4 year old level and 6th grade level after 20 years of schooling.

With my fiance there are family here in the valley from her village. Plus my fiancee's dad's best friend. (best friend of my future father in law from childhood and teen years lives here in the valley.) The family knows me quite well. My life was invaded by them and I talk with my fiancee and her family daily. 6,000 miles and we talk about 3 to 4 hours a day. sometimes longer... last night started at 8:30 pm and finished at 2:30 am. And I learned new words--- walang magawa

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

I need small words... right now the books I am reading are cat in the hat, and see spot run. run spot run.

I highly recommend The Sneetches and Horton Hears a Who. :thumbs:

Timeline

ahh.... better then green eggs and ham, fox in socks, 500 hats, scrambled eggs, grinch who stole cristmas, mcelligot's pool, sleepytime, and others....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

ahh.... better then green eggs and ham, fox in socks, 500 hats, scrambled eggs, grinch who stole cristmas, mcelligot's pool, sleepytime, and others....

I bow to your superior Dr. Seuss knowledge. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

baiting post removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I need small words... right now the books I am reading are cat in the hat, and see spot run. run spot run. small words work the best for me. I am a edumicated odiot. Somehow I reverted to the 4 year old level and 6th grade level after 20 years of schooling.

ok - i try.

friends who spew about yer choice in lass, not true friends.

----

and now for a funny story.

My stepmother asked me why I chose a chinese wife, ages past (we've no issues currently) and I told her:

Hey ! Remember that big talk we had, about 5 years ago? I was asking you to help me find a new wife, someone that you knew personally, that would fit your standards? If you recall, you came up with nothing, no-one, after I gave you 6 months to find me a suitable lass. Sure, I didn't bug you each week about it, and no, I wasn't kidding - I was actively seeking your assistance. You Failed Me.

----

So, the big 'topic' has run it's course, for now, yes? Even had a posit or two from rlogan, a man who know's his subject matter very well. There's been mention of bigotry, anti-whatevers, realities vs innuendo, etc etc. I'm happy with my choices, I'm certain all of us (with the exception of one fella who's had his account pulled) are ecstatic with our choices, as well. To me, to maintain that happiness of choice, to sustain that bliss, always has meant that each and every one of us here, has gone that extra mile to actually understand our foreign lass' culture, more than what we knew when first getting on the airplane for that first visit. IME/O, that's a lot of work that other USCitizens just won't undertake - is easier to remain in their 'status quo' than it is to genuinely be interested in OUR well-being, enough to dig in and understand a bit more about our personal choices in a mate.

So, in summary, I'll simply say - friends don't say that kinda sh|t. Folks with other labels, do.

Whew ! ok - time for other cool topics, si man!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ok - i try.

friends who spew about yer choice in lass, not true friends.

----

and now for a funny story.

My stepmother asked me why I chose a chinese wife, ages past (we've no issues currently) and I told her:

Hey ! Remember that big talk we had, about 5 years ago? I was asking you to help me find a new wife, someone that you knew personally, that would fit your standards? If you recall, you came up with nothing, no-one, after I gave you 6 months to find me a suitable lass. Sure, I didn't bug you each week about it, and no, I wasn't kidding - I was actively seeking your assistance. You Failed Me.

----

So, the big 'topic' has run it's course, for now, yes? Even had a posit or two from rlogan, a man who know's his subject matter very well. There's been mention of bigotry, anti-whatevers, realities vs innuendo, etc etc. I'm happy with my choices, I'm certain all of us (with the exception of one fella who's had his account pulled) are ecstatic with our choices, as well. To me, to maintain that happiness of choice, to sustain that bliss, always has meant that each and every one of us here, has gone that extra mile to actually understand our foreign lass' culture, more than what we knew when first getting on the airplane for that first visit. IME/O, that's a lot of work that other USCitizens just won't undertake - is easier to remain in their 'status quo' than it is to genuinely be interested in OUR well-being, enough to dig in and understand a bit more about our personal choices in a mate.

So, in summary, I'll simply say - friends don't say that kinda sh|t. Folks with other labels, do.

Whew ! ok - time for other cool topics, si man!

:thumbs:

"Modern Marriage"..... what is wrong with just good old fashioned marriage??? My grandparents were married for 50 years, my great grandparents for 60+ years. I think this "modern marriage" thing ain't working. I see nothing wrong with a good old fashioned marriage. If the husband plans for his family, she is taken care of. The major problem is FAMILY. The WOMAN is taking care of herself, because the family is not being taught to take care of family. The question is, if the man is working, and the woman is working who is teaching the values to the kids? the man is working to provide for the family. the woman is working for who? the family? herself? financial freedom? things we want and need? a better house? a newer car? Are these proper values? What values are the kids learning? When society loses site of the value of teaching the children, society itself loses the values which were important to define morality.

I have no problem with woman working. But when it takes away from the family. From the husband and wife relationship. When work takes her away from the children, form a family being a family. THEN I HAVE a problem with it. this is just me. others have their own views.

That is the ideal situation, yes. But sometimes life isnt "ideal". I worked 2 shifts each day to be able to afford to bring my wife here. I barely was earning over the poverty line, as required. My wife got here and she wanted to help "us" financially, since we didnt have enough money left over after the bills to have much of a life. So she took a part-time job. Then I lost my job and had a difficult time finding another. My wife took another part-time job so we could pay the bills. Then she found a full-time job too. While she is working I am watching our baby and taking care of the home. She wants to leave it this way for now since she wants to help me in going back to school for a year so that we can get better off finacially. Then when I get my job after school she will also go back to school and get a better job. And then our son will have a better life too.

So with all the ideallic dreams and good intentions, that is the reality of it, at least for us. We are doing the best we can with what life throws our way, and with God's help who provided those jobs for my wife and the open doors for the future.

Brian in Tennessee

That is the ideal situation, yes. But sometimes life isnt "ideal". I worked 2 shifts each day to be able to afford to bring my wife here. I barely was earning over the poverty line, as required. My wife got here and she wanted to help "us" financially, since we didnt have enough money left over after the bills to have much of a life. So she took a part-time job. Then I lost my job and had a difficult time finding another. My wife took another part-time job so we could pay the bills. Then she found a full-time job too. While she is working I am watching our baby and taking care of the home. She wants to leave it this way for now since she wants to help me in going back to school for a year so that we can get better off finacially. Then when I get my job after school she will also go back to school and get a better job. And then our son will have a better life too.

So with all the ideallic dreams and good intentions, that is the reality of it, at least for us. We are doing the best we can with what life throws our way, and with God's help who provided those jobs for my wife and the open doors for the future.

Brian in Tennessee

At my age now, it's easy to sit back and encourage younger people to wait... get yourself in a better situation financially before you take the plunge to be together. Why? Cuz I did what you are now doing, and looking back, it sucked. I was working 4 jobs at once, and my young wife was working one as well. It made things tough on us. But we prevailed. And today, I am living much more comfortably, enough so that once mine gets here, she can afford a couple of months to adjust, get married, file for AOS, all before I kick her out into the work force to start bringing in some money!

However tough it may be, living in such conditions as you mention (and I know you aren't saying the half of it, the worry, the long nights)... it's either gonna make or break a marriage. And if you make it, you will both be stronger together for all your effort and pulling together. So good on you for doing whatever it takes. And I wish you both the best, hope your efforts will be rewarded one day soon with a job that allows you to relax at home without all the worry. At least you have her by your side, helping you!

Brian in Tennessee

You and your wife would soon have your dreams come true. One step at a time, both of you would eventually get there. :thumbs:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Timeline

Yes, I have been through tough times, hard times, and difficult times. I even had parents not like me BECAUSE I earned TOO little money...If they could only see me now....hehe. Making almost 10 times the income of then. But I know each person goes through rough times. difficult times. Nothing is ever easy. For me, I guess I have just learned that family is what I value, and if I am living too much on the hog, then I need to find a leaner hog. It is my personal preference, and how I live. It is not for everyone, not do I judge anyone by what they are going through. Each person works out the way they live to the best of their abilities. I am just a man who cannot take living at home. It drives me absolutely nuts. Probably part of my upbringing, I was taught the man works even if digging ditches or picking up the garbage.... but it is just me.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

What is it with MOMS ?? Mine isn't even talking to me ---- sometimes that's a blessing though!

Jealousy, I think. She was afraid my new wife would steal me away from her. Truth is, we spend more time visiting my relatives than I ever did before, all at my wife's insistence, and over my strong objections.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.