spikedog

What are your 'friends' saying?

221 posts in this topic

I get asked why I can't find an American woman, why I have to look overseas. I tell them I refuse to settle and it took looking in England to find the one for me.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you are spending too much time in that facebook group with all them angry white women.

(I think you are spending too much time obsessing over conspiracy theories, but that's just my opinion)

Considering the number of "She lied to me" and "My journey is over" threads that I have read here in the Philippine Subforum, it's a fair question to ask. You don't think the CO is going to scrutinize the relationship in the interview?

Filed: Timeline

(I think you are spending too much time obsessing over conspiracy theories, but that's just my opinion)

Considering the number of "She lied to me" and "My journey is over" threads that I have read here in the Philippine Subforum, it's a fair question to ask. You don't think the CO is going to scrutinize the relationship in the interview?

It really depends how confident she is when she goes to the interview. If she appears confused, or starts making stuff up on the spot, then it goes to the Fraud Unit. I don't know how old Darren is, but they don't look that extreme for the hundreds of Fil-Am couples they interview everyday.

I was there, remember?

Edited by Some Old Guy

Timeline

You must have really gotten burned bad to carry such deep wounds that don't appear to be healing. (F):(

I did. I really believed that for $20 a month, I too could have a Filipina that lived up to all the hype the international dating industry was throwing at me.

banner_philippines.jpg

Filipino women are well known abroad for their unique personality traits, a subtle mix of elegance and femininity that attracts attention; especially the attention of men who are looking for a long-lasting and sincere relationship with a single foreign lady.

I did. I really believed that for $20 a month, I too could have a Filipina that lived up to all the hype the international dating industry was throwing at me.

With your amazingly charming personality it's shocking that you failed miserably.....well...shocking to you. :hehe:

Condolences... for your failed attempt to fulfill a fantasy. Kinda funny how karma works things out in the end....but like the Stones said; "you can't always get what you want..but if you try sometime you might find...you get what you need."

Chin up DFH, I'm sure there will be another pipe dream for you to chase somewhere down the road.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

banner_philippines.jpg

Filipino women are well known abroad for their unique personality traits, a subtle mix of elegance and femininity that attracts attention; especially the attention of men who are looking for a long-lasting and sincere relationship with a single foreign lady.

The girl falling out of her top would be a clue that you are being ripped off.

Timeline

The girl falling out of her top would be a clue that you are being ripped off.

Oh that was just an example banner. I could post dozens of them here. They're all essentially making the same sales pitch.

mfg_beach_girl.gif

"Women from the Philippines are well known for their beauty, traditional values and their character of being excellent wives.

Cultural divergences are marginal; nearly all speak English and are Christians."

Oh that was just an example banner. I could post dozens of them here. They're all essentially making the same sales pitch.

mfg_beach_girl.gif

"Women from the Philippines are well known for their beauty, traditional values and their character of being excellent wives.

Cultural divergences are marginal; nearly all speak English and are Christians."

I guess it depends on life experience. Every guy gets burned before they figure it out, generally by the age of thirty.

I suppose, it's like the rule, never shop when you are hungry. :lol:

Edited by Some Old Guy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm sorry it sounds like your journey did not end well.. but in all fairness you did find your young beautiful Filipino bride, brought her home, and married her (looking at your timeline - feel free to lambast me if I made a mistake).. Seems like the site followed through on the promises it made to you. You can't expect them to guarantee the person you chose was a good match for you - that part is up to you.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

My wife is very beautiful, raised with and maintains, "traditional" core values...takes pride in being the best wife she can be and expects the best husband out of me.... we have very few cultural divergences....my wife speaks excellent English (I often rely on her for spelling and definition)....We are both Christians.

We met via IDS. Who wudda thunk that. :hehe:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.