shirley2011

No appointment date

45 posts in this topic

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been checking the websites for more than a week but no luck. What should/could I do?

Just have to wait, unfortunately... they'll open up the next block of dates eventually. Keep refreshing in case someone cancels, you might get lucky! :(

I went about 1.5 weeks before I got a date, but I know others were waiting even longer.

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We waited close to 3 weeks before we got our interview date for May 25th of this year. Honestly once you get that date everything happens SOOO fast! The day we got the go ahead to book an interview my fiance was flying in so we waited until he got here to book..had a glass of wine in hand and when we saw the "no available appts at this time" we were so disappointed! Just keep on checking you will have a date before ya know it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sigh, I'm in the same boat, we've had the go-ahead for about a week now, but there are no appointments available.

I tell you....this process has made me discover I have far more patience than I ever thought. I will be so glad to be done, though.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If its anything like I experienced signing up for Courses for school----it truly pays to keep checking and checking and checking,lol Things pop up in peoples life and they have to reschedule, or more times pop up! Good luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It took me 3 weeks of nearly constant checking the website for open dates back in April.....it's so frustrating!!... wacko.gif you might want to try late late evenings and early mornings if you are hoping to catch a cancellation..... maybe they will open up afternoon appointments for K1's like they did in May....*fingers crossed for you*

Good luck to you!!!

Everyone waiting for an appointment - check RIGHT NOW! I just got an appointment for August 30th!!! I have been refreshing for an hour and all of a sudden, I got an appointment! Go try right now!!! Woohoo!! Happy Canada Day!

Timeline

Everyone waiting for an appointment - check RIGHT NOW! I just got an appointment for August 30th!!! I have been refreshing for an hour and all of a sudden, I got an appointment! Go try right now!!! Woohoo!! Happy Canada Day!

Congratulations!!!good.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, nice grab! We just got our pkt3 so hope to be right behind you!

-Paul and Jennifer

-Paul & Jenni

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There was one other August appt available when I grabbed the 30th.....there were lots in September.

Did you pay the MRV fee upfront or bypass it? There a few members on here that are trying to figure out if you can only see the calendar again and additional if you bypass the fee payment.

Thanks!

Timeline

I've been refreshing the page since this morning and I can't see any appointments. :/ Already paid the fee. I have an appointment on August 22nd, though- I doubt I'll get an earlier date.

I've been refreshing the page since this morning and I can't see any appointments. :/ Already paid the fee. I have an appointment on August 22nd, though- I doubt I'll get an earlier date.

Don't give up...Keep trying, you never know!!!

Removal of Conditions

[03-24-2014] ROC paperwork sent.

[03-25-2014] NOA1.

[04-21-2014] Biometrics

[06-17-2014] Card in production

[06-25-2014] Card in HAND

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.