Edrotar

How did you meet your Filipino Fiance?

196 posts in this topic

..... he and i met because of our love for volunteer work.....

..... we both share helping the needy in our own little way....

..... he put up a foundation to help filipino day care center kids....

..... i was and am a non-paid volunteer of the foundation.....

..... (the board and volunteers are all non-paid)

..... when he was courting me, i asked myself.....

..... "if he cares for these children, what more to his own family?"

..... he has proven lots of time how his heart works......

..... and the rest .... as they say.... is history....

It's people like you who remind me what a selfish person I am. :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

..... he and i met because of our love for volunteer work.....

..... we both share helping the needy in our own little way....

..... he put up a foundation to help filipino day care center kids....

..... i was and am a non-paid volunteer of the foundation.....

..... (the board and volunteers are all non-paid)

..... when he was courting me, i asked myself.....

..... "if he cares for these children, what more to his own family?"

..... he has proven lots of time how his heart works......

..... and the rest .... as they say.... is history....

Yes you definitely have a good family man! Very happy for you! :D

My husband and I met at work - in the conference room to be specific. We had a new policy that we're trying to roll out. We're both Supervisors from our own respective department. He's a Supervisor in Salt Lake City and I am in-charge of Manila. That's how we met. The relationship grew from there and we don't even know how it happened. haha! It's the best thing that happened in my life though and I am grateful about it. It's just funny when I think about the fact that I never knew I'm going to get married to a man sitting in front of me and discussing things that we need to roll out while I am complaining about the effects it will cause. LOL

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiancee and I met one day after her birthday and 2 days before christmas. It was one of those tings where I had been dancing around looking at girls but not committing. I saw her profile on filinacupid. As I was reading it she came online. So I started chatting with her. We jumped off filipina cupid in 3 hours, I have never looked back since. At the time, I did not know they had family in phoenix less then 30 miles form my house and less then 4 miles from work. I met the family in about 2 weeks afterwards. Started chatting on IM. Since the day we met, we talk for 3 to 4 hours a day. In order for us to keep talking, I sent her money to pay for internet load. On New Year's weekend, I met her mom and dad via webcam. We talked for a little bit, and her dad gave His Blessing. At that point, everything just started rolling. We talked of meeting, and I got approval to go see her from work in February. I had her start getting her passport, birth certificate, etc while waiting for the time to come to see her in person. When I met her at the airport, I recognized her immediately. (of course she spotted me first.) We were engaged that evening in her house. After the engagement, I found out her dad had only one strict order for her for the last few weeks. She was to talk with me every day after her dad gave His blessing. We are now waiting to finish the process. We are hoping and praying we finish and her POE is in the next 8 to 12 weeks.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Hello all,

I was curious how people going through the fiance petition met? I myself always have been attracted to Filipino women ever since I was in the military (US Air Force). I always tried to get stationed at Clark Airbase but never got a chance due to it closing many yrs ago. I ended up married at a young age to an American, which unfortunately didn't work out. Now after many yrs of thinking back (Im 40yrs old btw) prior to meeting my Filipino fiance (Ysel Jane), I made the decision to go to the Philippines and stop thinking that "what if" or saying "I wish I had traveled there". Best decision I ever made!!!! :D

I have some Filipino co workers and asked them how should I go about meeting a girl from the Philippines, one of them directed me to a chat/dating site called Cherry Blossoms this is how we met. Again this was best thing that ever has happened to me, and my fiance feels the same way. I made a photo video in my signature which tells our story...I would love for you to watch it and share your stories.

hummm that reminds me of our engagement night....

i met my fiancee on line at the cherry blossoms..october 2008..then we met in person jan.9,2009..we engaged jan.15...its was the happiest moment of our lives...

it took kinda long for us to process for the fiancee visa bcoz i was annuled 2010...

right now we are waiting for our visa..together with my 8 yrs.old daughter:)

Timeline

My hubby and I met in China! He was attending a military college and went to China on a study-abroad program, and I was on a scholarship. We ended up in the same class, and the rest was history! I couldn't resist his good looks, charm and sweetness, and being a soldier was a total plus back then coz I thought that being with a military man was romantic (L) Now I've come to realize that being a military wife is a lot of work and takes a lot of patience, but he is so worth it and I have had no regrets. :) We will be going through our first deployment soon! I know our meeting is unconventional, and I know a lot of couples who met online and have a great relationship :) Congrats and goodluck to you both on your journey! :)

oh my hubby babe, i'm so blessed to have found you..i never thought i would find someone who would love me like you do...YOUR LOVE IS REALLY GREAT and I really love the feeling :-)...

contrary to popular belief, gamer girls do exist :lol: met my fiance from an online game (world of warcraft). :luv:

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

contrary to popular belief, gamer girls do exist :lol: met my fiance from an online game (world of warcraft). :luv:

:thumbs: I played online games myself. World of Warcraft is one of my favorites.

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

:thumbs: I played online games myself. World of Warcraft is one of my favorites.

How childish. Playing video games.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go level my mage. :whistle:

How childish. Playing video games.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go level my mage. :whistle:

/giggle :lol: (our mains were warrior and priest)

had to stop a month or so before my fiance filed the i129f. didnt want to outgear him lol. and now that we stopped, i can finally sleep at night. :ph34r:

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

We met online. It was just by chance,I was not aware of dating websites before. I did not renew my contract in Dubai and went back to Quezon City in 2007. As I was sending job applications online, Filipina Heart kept popping on my screen so I went there and decided to sign up. He viewed my profile and sent interest. Despite of daily chats and occasional calls, he was still skeptical because of my "heartbreaker" profile on Friendster :rofl: and his bad relationship with ex-fiancee from Gensan. We lost communication for 8 months. I went back to Dubai and he met another Filipina from Italy but he said I was different. :devil: He sent me an email and we renewed our friendship and from then on we never had a break in communication and then we started talking about marriage in late 2008. After our many chats and phone calls, we no longer considered incompatibility as a possibility for us so we decided to marry on our first meeting in 2009. We were not surprised that it seemed we had known each other for years. We complemented each other well as both of our personalities were consistent with our expectations. And now, we are enjoying our long road travels, visiting places, him eating my pansit and adobo with rice and he is a hands-on daddy :thumbs: . We love to talk about our love story to his relatives and friends and all they say is we were meant for each other. (L)

Edited by bowgirl

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

/giggle :lol: (our mains were warrior and priest)

had to stop a month or so before my fiance filed the i129f. didnt want to outgear him lol. and now that we stopped, i can finally sleep at night. :ph34r:

Honestly, as I wait for her to arrive, playing WoW is one of the best time killers there is. She's starting her 8 week sputum test, and I think I'll start a new character and see if I can get to level 85 before she gets here.

Of course, when she gets here, I'll have no problem giving up the game. I'll have much better things to do with my time.

stupid sputum test

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

.... thanks...

.... and may i add .....

.... he is lucky too !!!!

Yes you definitely have a good family man! Very happy for you! :D

... im sure you help others .... your own way....

It's people like you who remind me what a selfish person I am. :blush:

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

awww I love reading ya'll stories. Here is mine to share:

First off, before I met my hubby, I've never chatted with anyone. One night at work of March 2003 while getting ready to go home, I got a prompt box saying "Would you like to meet Christian friends"... hmm... why not. click yes. I put a weird picture and didn't even finish my profile info. It's christiancafe.com.

He sent me a "hi" note on my 7th day After that we talked 3 or 4 times a week on the phone. He walked me through setting up a YM account. We chat every Saturday average of 4 hours. We snailed mail. We sent report of the day kinda e-mail. Everyday. But we're friends. We talk about Iraq. We talk about faith. My boss. His boss. Our parents. Friends.

After 9 months of talking, he mentioned coming over to visit his friend. Yeah right. Friend. At this point, I think I am in love with this guy. I was scared. I don't know how he feels about me. I know we're really good friends.. to the extent we're calling each other best friends. So I told him, "well let your tourist guide look on her schedule first and she'll get back to yah". I finally said ok come on after a week and he got a ticket the next day.

We met in person March 2004. The feeling of friendship grew stronger the night I met him. The trust that is overwhelming. I can't believe I'm looking at the man who I have poured my life in the past 12 months.

The next day he had a 4 hour talk with my dad. That night he told me how he waited for almost a year to tell me in person how much he loves me. woahh it's just not me! And just like me, he was scared too. I was 25 and he was 28 at this point.

He came back after 6 months and we got engaged.

He came back after 6 months (March 2005) and we got married.

We're now 6 years married. Stronger and deeper.

One thing for sure that helped us see loud and clear that our love is true, is, time. If I have a chance to choose a person to fall in love with again... I'll do it all over with him. Love dusts to all!

IR-5 Petition for Mother:

12-31-10 - Sent Form I-130

01-04-11 - NOA 1

01-10-11 - Check cashed

05-09-11 - NOA 2

----------

05-18-11 - Case Number, IIN, E-mailed DS-3032

05-19-11 - Paid AOS Fee $88.00

05-23-11 - AOS shows "PAID"

05-24-11 - Paid IV Fee $404.00

05-26-11 - IV Fee shows "PAID"

05-28-11 - Mailed I-864

06-13-11 - I-864 accepted

06-20-11 - Mailed DS-230

07-07-11 - SIF and Case Complete

07-19-11 - Passed the two-day medical

09-06-11 - Visa Approved

09-08-11 - Visa On-Hand

Timeline

Here are the poll results from a VisaJourney survey at the time I made this chart, with over 400 responding by then. This was just K-1 people.

how%2Byu%2Bmet.jpg

Over 70% online: gaming, chat, dating site, etc. Everything else was less than 10% individually: Fiance traveling, work, friend, family, marriage broker, etc.

It isn't a random survey because it is visajourney people that somehow managed to find the poll and answer voluntarily, but it is information nevertheless. Obviously, people predisposed to using the internet are answering the poll.

Pretty striking. People are meeting on the internet. Someone mentioned gamers. The poll and the thread associated with it showed that is pretty common. This World of Warcraft game - yea that was mentioned by more than one I think.

My wife was hunting a pair of lions for the government of India. These lions had eaten seven people in the course of two years. I was doing charity work for victims of the Tsunami, and she shot me by accident. One thing led to another and eventually we got married.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.