3,588 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is fine. Just want to share how my interview went by today. Appointment was 7;15am was there by 6.30am .A Japanese man is his 60s called my name at 7.30am ,my boys and I went in his office where he greeted us and made a comment that I have good looking kids ,that made me relaxed as I was so nervous. He made us swear to tell the truth, and then he took 3 folders one for each one of us. He apologized that he will take long as he had a lot of papers to go through. He didn’t ask me for any documents apart from the medicals i-693 and he asked if my husband and I live on the same address which I said no as we are separated. That was it he asked my kids if they like school and what they want to be when they grow up, most question where about my country and all. The he excused himself, left the office came back after 3 minutes with a stamp that he stamped on the papers in our files I could see APPROVE almost jumped from my chair. Then he typed us the approval and welcome letter ,He said he will order our cards before the day ends. Everyone one waiting for approval and interview I am wishing you all the best and take all documents just in case you are asked. Thank you all for your love and encouragement, below is my full time line.

JANUARY 3rd 2011: filled vawa I-360,I-765,I-485

JANUARY 8th 20111:NOA for I-360.I-485 AND I-765 returned didnt send money for it,didnt know i was to pay(lol)

JANUARY 27th 1st 2011: RFE for I-360.....letter of good conduct

JANUARY 29 2011: sent back I-485 and I-765 this time with check enclosed.

FEBUARY 3 rd 2011:sent RFE

FEBUARY 8th 2011:process resume on i-360

MARCH 15th 2011: RFE on I-765 passport photos

MARCH 21st 2011: sent RFE on I-765

JUNE 23rd 2011:I-765 touched and approved

JUNE 27th 2011:I-765 card production

JUNE 30th 2011:EAD sent in mail.

JULY 5th 2011: EAD in mail sad thing have to return in,error on card made by uscis.

JULY 8th 2011:EAD sent back to vermont

AUGUST 16th 2011:I-485 transfered to national benefits center still no touch on I-360

AUGUST 20th 2011: Surprise mail from uscis VAWA was actually approved on AUGUST THE 16TH thank you Jesus !

SEPTEMBER 9 2011: Recive email and text that letter of interview sent and interview date 10.12.2011

OCTOBER 11 2011: Just a day before interview recieved my EAD which I had returned to be corrected it had an error.

OCTOBER 12 2011: INTERVIEW/APPROVED and WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES LETTER IN HAND.

THANK YOU LORD YOU HAVE BEEN MY STRENGTH ,GUILDE ,TRUTH,LOVE ABOVE ALL MY GOD THANK YOU JESUS!

LadyG, congratulations to you and your kids on your GC approval. God will bless us exceedingly abundantly above all that we could ever ask or think. I am so happy for you. :dance::dance: That is the same way I feel when the IO stamped my papers approved. You will get your card in a week. I got email this week that I should expect my card in 30days, but I know it is in the mail. Give God the glory and the honor because he is the greatest, taken us through rough times.

Inpeace, don't worry I got the same update when I send a letter to extent the prima facie. Within the 60days I got the approval notice. Just trust God and have faith. It will work out for you.

Murid2010, what's going on with your case? have you gotten your interview date as yet?

Tuck, please let us know how your interview went. I know it is coming up shortly. Don't be nervous, you have passed the worst which is getting the I360 approval. You will be approved for the GC.

LiveUrLife, I am sorry to hear about what happen with your mail, hope that will sort out so that you ca get your approval and move on with your life...

Yusila, how are things going for you?

Best of luck to everyone on this forum,stay BLESSED!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks for the positive words blessed! How long did it take for the approval after the letter?? Uffa I'm so relieved You went through the same thing... I was freaking out already...

Edited by inpeace

nov 04 Went to interview by myself, told officer will aplly for vawa

11/04 I485 touched (still on initial review)

11/21 officer called lawyer about the I485 (btw: really nice IO)

12/10 apply for VAWA, without background check

12/11 lawyer drop off a copy of I360 for the IO

12/15 Prima faice received

12/18 sent background check, also sent a letter to IO asking to expedite the I485 to vermont to be linked with I360

12/31 I360 touched

08/04 Apply for EAD renew

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

08/31 new card ordered (again??)

09/01 notice of approval of I765... (where is my VAWA approval??? God help me...)

09/03 EAD arrived in the mail!! ufa!

10/03 Sent letter to renew prima facie and inquire about vawa status.

10/05 I360 touched- changed to "Request for evidence review" (WTH????)

11/27 Recieved prima facie extension

11/30 VAWA APPROVED!!!! yupiiiiiiiiiiiiii12/04 I360 Touched

12/22 Interview noticed for 01/23/12

12/26 Interview canceled by USCIS

12/31 New interview notice for 01/30/12

01/31/12 Interview and new biometrics done!!!

Filed: Country: Mali
Timeline

Just got my interview notice in the mail today from my lawyer office for Oct.27 @8:00 am. Why do thy ask me if I'm marriage to US citizen to bring my wife/husband. Did anybody got the same thing in their notice. Pls .thnks

Stillhere I think those interview letters are general letters they send to everyone that is going for interview thats what I received too.But I went with my 2 kids who were adjusting status too.You dont need to go with him.The IO didnt ask me any question conerning my husband.It shall be well.Is your lawyer going with you ?I didnt have a lawyer so went by myself.

Just got my interview notice in the mail today from my lawyer office for Oct.27 @8:00 am. Why do thy ask me if I'm marriage to US citizen to bring my wife/husband. Did anybody got the same thing in their notice. Pls .thnks

hey ladyg am gud,stil waiting for uscis to give me a correct interview date.and congrate to u and everybody dat has recieve some good news from uscis.and good news shell come to those who are still waiting.amen.

FILED UNDER THREE YEARS RULE (319A)

MAILED N400 - APRIL 17 2015

CHECK CASHED - APRIL 28 2015

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

TESTING AND INTERVIEW - MAY-21-2015

INTERVIEW DATE- 07-24-2015 :goofy:

OATH CEREMONY MAILED ON- 08-03-2015 :goofy: :idea: :goofy: :idea: :idea:

OATH CEREMONY- 08-18-2015

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 MAILED- MARCH-4-2016

I-130 NOA RECEIVED -MARCH 19-2016

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

I-130 NOA2 RECEIVED IN MAIL-APRIL30-2016

I-130 SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE - APRIL-29-2016

I-130 RECEIVED NVC-MAY-6-2016

l-130 CASE ASSIGNED- MAY 23-2016

I-130 PAYED AOS FEE- JUNE 1-2016 ($120)

Filed: Timeline

LadyG, congratulations to you and your kids on your GC approval. God will bless us exceedingly abundantly above all that we could ever ask or think. I am so happy for you. :dance::dance: That is the same way I feel when the IO stamped my papers approved. You will get your card in a week. I got email this week that I should expect my card in 30days, but I know it is in the mail. Give God the glory and the honor because he is the greatest, taken us through rough times.

Inpeace, don't worry I got the same update when I send a letter to extent the prima facie. Within the 60days I got the approval notice. Just trust God and have faith. It will work out for you.

Murid2010, what's going on with your case? have you gotten your interview date as yet?

Tuck, please let us know how your interview went. I know it is coming up shortly. Don't be nervous, you have passed the worst which is getting the I360 approval. You will be approved for the GC.

LiveUrLife, I am sorry to hear about what happen with your mail, hope that will sort out so that you ca get your approval and move on with your life...

Blessed woman

I have not heard anything yet about my interview. I got an email on oct 12 that my case was transferred to local office. Hopefully my interview will be soon.

Window Open 08-02-2014

Package Mailed to USCIS DALLAS Lockbox: 08-02-2014

Package Received: 08-04-2014

Check Cashed: 08-07-2014

NOA: 08-11-2014

Biometrics Received: 08-19-2014 for 08/25

Walk-in Fingerprints: 08-21-2014

In Line for Interview: 08-26-2014

Interview Scheduled text & Email: 10-17-2014

Interview Date: 11-25-2014

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My mom is in the same situation as you guys the last thing that she did was her biometrics on the 18th of August 2011, how long is she supposed to get an interview date, or should here anything from USCIS, Thank you very much if i could here some reply from others.

Priority Date:June 02,2009

Hello everyone, I hope everybody is doing ok. Congras to those who got approved lately. It has been a long time. I was going back and forth with uscis about my case. Those of you who don't kno me, my vawa case got approved back in June and removal terminated back in august. For some reason I never got any interview notice since the judge terminate my case so I took an info to find out what was going on that was back in the middle of sept. . At the infopass,i was told that my case is seating at the record room. The lady told me that normal when the judge terminate ur case thy send it to record room, i said what? But long story short thy told me not to worry about it that I'm going to receive an interview in 2 wks, that was like around the begin of sept.. 2 wks passed nothing, took another infopass.guess what I was told thy sent my case back to lee summit supposedly cuz the case was adjucated already, I told Them i never received no interview no green card nothing. I was told to wait for another 2 weeks. for them to order my case bck, they finally got it back sept.26. Weird thing thy sent me fingerprint notice that had my old i-485 receipt number, not the one file with the vawa, and also my lawyer told me yesterday about the interview notice for oct.27 @ 8AM. My question is why did thy send me fingerprint for my old case that was already denied? Any response will b welcome. Good luck to everyone

hey i think it must be good news since they sent to you the interview date, hope that is what they mean.

well anyone here , what is the difference of fingerprint and intervew? it that the same thing or it was different? I applied last august 2010 , i didn't get any fingerprint notice, haha,,,, i saw we have good news almost come from everyone every week , haliluya. hope i will get my soon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey Lucy, I think you only have to do fingerprints if you apply for i485/i765. Interview is after your vawa has been approved...

nov 04 Went to interview by myself, told officer will aplly for vawa

11/04 I485 touched (still on initial review)

11/21 officer called lawyer about the I485 (btw: really nice IO)

12/10 apply for VAWA, without background check

12/11 lawyer drop off a copy of I360 for the IO

12/15 Prima faice received

12/18 sent background check, also sent a letter to IO asking to expedite the I485 to vermont to be linked with I360

12/31 I360 touched

08/04 Apply for EAD renew

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

08/31 new card ordered (again??)

09/01 notice of approval of I765... (where is my VAWA approval??? God help me...)

09/03 EAD arrived in the mail!! ufa!

10/03 Sent letter to renew prima facie and inquire about vawa status.

10/05 I360 touched- changed to "Request for evidence review" (WTH????)

11/27 Recieved prima facie extension

11/30 VAWA APPROVED!!!! yupiiiiiiiiiiiiii12/04 I360 Touched

12/22 Interview noticed for 01/23/12

12/26 Interview canceled by USCIS

12/31 New interview notice for 01/30/12

01/31/12 Interview and new biometrics done!!!

I will update once I have had my interview.

Hi All,

Been following all your posts and finding comfort reading about people in the same boat as me. I just hit 5 months since I filed for VAWA so I guess the waiting continues. How come the time line on USCIS says 5 months yet it takes longer? Is this bad news if its over the timeline?

Hi All,

Been following all your posts and finding comfort reading about people in the same boat as me. I just hit 5 months since I filed for VAWA so I guess the waiting continues. How come the time line on USCIS says 5 months yet it takes longer? Is this bad news if its over the timeline?

Hello giveusfree, vawa processing time can be tricky.Some get thier approval in 3 months,some 5 months ,some like me was after 7 months,some been waiting for a long time.Its not bad news or good news either .One need to have patience and not to worry becuase it can cause more stress and anxiety than what you have already gone through.

Yulisa good to hear from you and that you doing well.You in my prayers your interview is around the corner.

Lusymiss did you file i-485 and i-360 @ the same time.I had filed for vawa and i-485 at the same time and within 30 days I received a letter to go for fingerprints. Fingerprints appointment letter and interview letter are 2 different things.Wish you all the best and everyone.

Hello giveusfree, vawa processing time can be tricky.Some get thier approval in 3 months,some 5 months ,some like me was after 7 months,some been waiting for a long time.Its not bad news or good news either .One need to have patience and not to worry becuase it can cause more stress and anxiety than what you have already gone through.

Yulisa good to hear from you and that you doing well.You in my prayers your interview is around the corner.

Lusymiss did you file i-485 and i-360 @ the same time.I had filed for vawa and i-485 at the same time and within 30 days I received a letter to go for fingerprints. Fingerprints appointment letter and interview letter are 2 different things.Wish you all the best and everyone.

Thank you for the response ladyg. I will work on being patient :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.