3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Greetings Fellas,

I am new to this site but not VAWA or Immigration processings. I have been in the process since 2001. Though I just filed I-360 as a battered spouse, I hope I can benefit from such diverse experiences. I will be adding my timeline soon but please allow me to join this great kindred, fellas.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Welcome case! And good luck on ur vawa!

nov 04 Went to interview by myself, told officer will aplly for vawa

11/04 I485 touched (still on initial review)

11/21 officer called lawyer about the I485 (btw: really nice IO)

12/10 apply for VAWA, without background check

12/11 lawyer drop off a copy of I360 for the IO

12/15 Prima faice received

12/18 sent background check, also sent a letter to IO asking to expedite the I485 to vermont to be linked with I360

12/31 I360 touched

08/04 Apply for EAD renew

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

08/31 new card ordered (again??)

09/01 notice of approval of I765... (where is my VAWA approval??? God help me...)

09/03 EAD arrived in the mail!! ufa!

10/03 Sent letter to renew prima facie and inquire about vawa status.

10/05 I360 touched- changed to "Request for evidence review" (WTH????)

11/27 Recieved prima facie extension

11/30 VAWA APPROVED!!!! yupiiiiiiiiiiiiii12/04 I360 Touched

12/22 Interview noticed for 01/23/12

12/26 Interview canceled by USCIS

12/31 New interview notice for 01/30/12

01/31/12 Interview and new biometrics done!!!

Timeline

Yayyy another week without news!!

Edited by inpeace

12/18 sent background check, also sent a letter to IO asking to expedite the I485 to vermont to be linked with I360

12/31 I360 touched

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

09/01 notice of approval of I765... (where is my VAWA approval??? God help me...)

Filed: Timeline

Yayyy another week without news!!

Have you thought about filing a Ombudsman. They can help you on your case, I file one last week and they are currently working on my case regarding my interview appointment. They way it work is they are liaison to USCIS part of the DHS. There website has more info

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/cisomb.shtm

Window Open 08-02-2014

Package Mailed to USCIS DALLAS Lockbox: 08-02-2014

Package Received: 08-04-2014

Check Cashed: 08-07-2014

NOA: 08-11-2014

Biometrics Received: 08-19-2014 for 08/25

Walk-in Fingerprints: 08-21-2014

In Line for Interview: 08-26-2014

Interview Scheduled text & Email: 10-17-2014

Interview Date: 11-25-2014

Timeline

Have you thought about filing a Ombudsman. They can help you on your case, I file one last week and they are currently working on my case regarding my interview appointment. They way it work is they are liaison to USCIS part of the DHS. There website has more info

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/cisomb.shtm

well my lawyer is afraid of pushing USCIS too much because she doesn't think we have the strongest case ever! (married only 5 months, not that manny things together...). Therefore she does not want me to want me to write the letter requesting an update... She is going to call again this month (last month uscis answered that they were working on the November cases... cases). Uscis is only interested in paper trail, and unfortunately my ex 1st did not have a good credit, so no cards or things like that, 2nd after we got married went crazy and would freak out every time I mentioned something about our interview and the things we need it....

I'm not really sure what to do... :wacko: I'm already thinking about going back to my country, I will not refile if they deny it, to be honest I cant even look at the statement that I wrote, just to painful, all I wanna do is forget and move on with my life! I been here for ten years, maybe is just time to go. :star:

12/31 I360 touched

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

Hello Adele , thank you so much for your answer. The reason why I love this forum it is because we are all in the same boat and we all are experiencing the same situation.

I am following your case, ladyg etc because our approval days are very close to each other so If you haven't gotten anything then is normal I hadn't either :)

I am just afraid my attorney will not let me know on time. My attorney mailed me a copy of my notices (VAWA approval, I485 transfer) this past Tuesday and I havne't gotten them yet !!! I can not pick them up myself because the office it's 1:30 minutes away.

Well I will just wait but please as soon as you received your interview letter let us all know it will be really appreciated for all of us waiting for one too.

Thank you. I will keep you and everyone in my prayers . Be positive !!!

:D GOT MY INTERVIEW LETTER!!!! just got this email notification yesterday so Nov 3rd is the big day and i guess i have to wait for the actual letter to know what they will want me to bring to the interview, My Medical should be one of them, AMMMMM SSOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! :rofl:

ANXIOUS yours is coming up next and soon, LadyG and Yulisa, please share how your interviews went if you have go to them already and very anxious/ don't know what to expect for an interview based on VAWA :blush:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On September 30, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for November 3, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Edited by Adele

Congrats Adele!!! This is the letter I am waiting for :) I hope I get it soon , I found myself following your case because I find very coincidental that I get my notification 4 to 6 days after you !! Isn't it funny and very HELPFUL at the same time? I just got the copy of the letters that my attorney sent me. If your appointment is the 3rd I am guessing mine would be soon too. I am so happy for you and all the other who got approvals and hoping the best to the ones still waiting for an outcome.

Keep us updated please :)

:D GOT MY INTERVIEW LETTER!!!! just got this email notification yesterday so Nov 3rd is the big day and i guess i have to wait for the actual letter to know what they will want me to bring to the interview, My Medical should be one of them, AMMMMM SSOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! :rofl:

ANXIOUS yours is coming up next and soon, LadyG and Yulisa, please share how your interviews went if you have go to them already and very anxious/ don't know what to expect for an interview based on VAWA :blush:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On September 30, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for November 3, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

hello guys it been a long time,how are u all?yeah uscis has been making mistakes on my interview notice,that is where i ave to be interviewed,am in maryland and the interview has to be in baltimore but the keep sending it to virginia,this mistake was made twice in two diff. months,so i went for an infor pass and the woman told me they will send a new interview date from baltimore.so am stil waiting, :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Sincerely,

FILED UNDER THREE YEARS RULE (319A)

MAILED N400 - APRIL 17 2015

CHECK CASHED - APRIL 28 2015

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

TESTING AND INTERVIEW - MAY-21-2015

INTERVIEW DATE- 07-24-2015 :goofy:

OATH CEREMONY MAILED ON- 08-03-2015 :goofy: :idea: :goofy: :idea: :idea:

OATH CEREMONY- 08-18-2015

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 MAILED- MARCH-4-2016

I-130 NOA RECEIVED -MARCH 19-2016

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

I-130 NOA2 RECEIVED IN MAIL-APRIL30-2016

I-130 SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE - APRIL-29-2016

I-130 RECEIVED NVC-MAY-6-2016

l-130 CASE ASSIGNED- MAY 23-2016

I-130 PAYED AOS FEE- JUNE 1-2016 ($120)

hi Hopeful-2011,

I went through the same, do not be afraid, they asked me twice for RFE, once right after i send the i 360, 2nd time after 5 month, as soon as I send my papers back whatever they were asking after 54 days i got aprooval.

Just be patient, it is the hard to go through, but we do not have choice......... good luck

yes my friend we all go through the same boat, my ex h never wrote my name on any of the property title or cars,the good thing is my land lord wrote a letter to get we have a very good faith marriage and my friend too. they ask me for the ref more evidence for the abuse

hi Hopeful-2011,

I went through the same, do not be afraid, they asked me twice for RFE, once right after i send the i 360, 2nd time after 5 month, as soon as I send my papers back whatever they were asking after 54 days i got aprooval.

Just be patient, it is the hard to go through, but we do not have choice......... good luck

54 days is not too bad I have already sent to them ref almost 2 month ,hope i will get the answer soon

Timeline

Thank you lucymiss! Sometimes is hard to be positive... I will send the letter for prima facie renew and inquire about my case tomorrow (against my lawyers will). Let's see if I see any changes or updates.

12/31 I360 touched

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi Everybody!!! My vawa got approved last week!!!!! one more hurdle to go for the interview. to all of you guys/gals who are still waiting please stay positive and be patient, i know it's easy to say but that's the only way, imo Thank you so much for this thread and the people who are making it great!!!!

Edited by TransPorter

Timeline

Uhuuuu tranporter!!! Congrats!!!! One more on the way to the greencard!!! Best of luck on your interview!

12/31 I360 touched

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.