3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi Sandranj

My friends lawyer just told her today that she need to pay him an additional amount of money to represent her for her master calendar hearing and she needs to pay the money next week. Her hearing is the end of next month. The worse thing is he told her the payment that she gave him in the beginning to file for vawa included 2 hearings which includes the upcoming one. So basically he is trying to get money out from fer again. They had a verbal agreement .She is really strap for cash and can't afford to get that kind of money right now. Wat do you suggest her doing, can she go to the judge and say her lawyer bailed? And should she write vsc and remove him off her case.she is a totall wreck right now.

Some lawyers are just so heartles

Timeline

Hi Sandranj

My friends lawyer just told her today that she need to pay him an additional amount of money to represent her for her master calendar hearing and she needs to pay the money next week. Her hearing is the end of next month. The worse thing is he told her the payment that she gave him in the beginning to file for vawa included 2 hearings which includes the upcoming one. So basically he is trying to get money out from fer again. They had a verbal agreement .She is really strap for cash and can't afford to get that kind of money right now. Wat do you suggest her doing, can she go to the judge and say her lawyer bailed? And should she write vsc and remove him off her case.she is a totall wreck right now.

He sent her an emai telling her he is going to send in a letter to withdraw from the case tomorrow cause she can't come up with the money. Wat should she do next. Should she contact vsc

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks Lorphelpme and gizq:

thanks for your help, the best abused evidence is being killed by US citizen abusers, but I donot have that kind of evidence. All i have is from Seattle sounder mental health doctor Nacy who gave me prescription drug and let me go to mental hospital, I refused to put my medical record under my social security, because I want to find job later on in Seattle, but they did it. also Seattle therapy doctor said I got depression long time ago. My two US citizen friends sent their reference letters to VSC to show my good moral characters.

my wife is a hot potato in her own family, she stolen her sister's laptop to exchange money from pawn shop to buy drug, the laptop is I bought from Frys for my sister-in-law's birthday gift. So later on i have to buy another Acer laptop for my sister-in-law's birthday gift. I also billed my wife out jail for her first DUI with $1600, in order to save that money, i slept outside nearby laborworks. VSC knew this already.

today Alaska union asked me go interview for my electrical engineer job by email, I forward their email to VSC, I have my Msc and Mphil degree in electrcial Engineering field, I can find job in Seattle. anyway, if I can go back Seattle, I will keep pursue my Phd in theology to become a Pastor in Seattle. if no luck for my Greencard, then let my wife move to Auckland, anywhere is life, working and pay taxes.

by the way, I first got my RFE since Sep 7th 2011, then Notice of Action letter on June 28th 2012, so far it is nearly one year I still not yet got my I-360 result. confused?!

Timeline

using my mother-in-law's words, my wife used to be a smart girl, but crack made her something else. my wife cut down all the bridges between her and her family, even when she was in jail, her uncle is VP in Microsoft refused to loan her even one penny, they all think my wife deserve her jail time. then my mother-in-law said I am a Phd, a good man, I am the only bridge to help my wife out of her drug hole, be honestly, that is not easy job at all. if you donot believe it, then married with drug people by yourself.

Timeline

then after I came back home last Feb, my parents are so happy, they tried to persuade me married with another college girl, But in my dream when I saw my wife's innocent eyes during our wedding ceremony, i refused that offer, which made my parents down, I hold my faith to my first chrisitan marriage for 3.3 yrs, including 19 months stupid waiting here, watching the other people gave up their chritian marriage and got greencard. sometime I think if I can covert my wife quit her drug habit, then she want to married with another decent man, I will give her freedom. I just donot want to see my wife died by drug in my marriage, if that happened, I will sue VSC.

Timeline

Sandranj thanks but is that number better than the 802 527 4888.wats the difference

Hi Sandranj my friend did call but she says the voice mail clearly states if you have an attorney then he should call but if you don't have an attorney you Must Send your requests to vsc in WrIting.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

lorphelpme your friend will have a hearing soon she should find a pro bono lawyer to represent her otherwise her case will continue to move forward with a lawyer or not. In Immigration Court the Court won't provide a counsel. She can ask to the Immigration Judge some additional time to find an attorney to assist her,most of the time the Judges give some time to find an attorney.

Regarding to ask to expedite then they change their police because the petitioner could call without any problem then they changed,or your friend fire her lawyer or tell him to do his job . He could try to expedite.I saw several cases they expedite due the hearing.

Hello everybody. I have important question. I just got my 3th Prima Facie and is valid for 60 days. My First and second where valid for 180 days. What is going on? Does anybody have any clue?

:wacko:

I'm not attorney and this is not legal advice, this is just my personal opinion!

USCIS:

03/26/2008 Approved I-130
04/21/2011 Send I-360, I-765 and I-485 to Vermont Service Center
05/26/2011 Approved EAD
05/31/2011 Request for evidence for I-360
06/24/2011 Biometrics I-485
09/06/2011 Send responds for RFE of I-360
09/12/2011 Prima Facie approval for I-360
01/09/2012 Send E-mails to VSC asking what is going on with my case. (E-mail send to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov)
01/17/2012 Got responds from VSC email saying that they can't talk about my case over phone or e-mail.
02/26/2012 Approved extension of EAD
02/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (second one)
06/28/2012 Send letter to VSC to see what is going on with my case
08/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (third one)
09/18/2012 RFE
10/10/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (Fourth one)
10/31/2012 VSC received RFE respond
02/04/2013 Renewed Prima Facie (Sixte one)
04/17/2013 I-360 and I-485 got DENAID!

05/15/2013 Filed I-290B Notice of Appeal from denial of VAWA I-360 - APPEAL WAS DENIED

12/15/2014 Filed for second time I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131

12/30/2014 RFE for Good Moral Character received

01/08/2015 FBI clairance and respond to RFE sent to VSC

02/12/2015 RFE I-131 asking if I was or I'm in removal proceedings

03/03/2015 Respond for I-131 RFE sent to VSC

04/02/2015 RFE for Bona Fide Marriage, proof of shared residents and request for more evidence regarding Abuse received

04/20/2015 I-765 and I-131 APPROVED.

06/25/2015 Respond to I-360 RFE sent to VSC

07/14/2015 I-360 application APPROVED!!!

ICE

04/29/2011 Went for appointment with ICE officer and got processed
06/01/2011 Turn my passport in and started to report to BI twice a month in BI office, ones a month via phone and once a month they come to my home
01/05/2012 Still don't have court date!
02/02/2012 Terminated removal proceedings.

Timeline

hi sync78: i filed my vawa on Jan 22th 2011, got my first RFE on Sep 7th 2011 and my second RFE "Notice of Action" on June 28th 2012, so far my case status is still initial review on March 28th 2011, that day NBC resent all my I-131, I-130,I-485 to VSC.

Timeline

PSALMS 34:

Depart from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it.

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their cry.

The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

I hate drug dealers in the state, who sold cracks to my wife. what the ....k....for those drug dealers in the state?! go to hell for those drug dealers in the state.... Seattle Young said that.

Timeline

Hello everybody. I have important question. I just got my 3th Prima Facie and is valid for 60 days. My First and second where valid for 180 days. What is going on? Does anybody have any clue?

:wacko:

I think that's probably the norm I just got my 3 rd too and it's for 60 days as well I did ask that same question here and someone said from the 3rd one and counting they are all 60 days Amd I think that person either got 4 or 5 of them. Good luck when did u file vawa

Timeline

lorphelpme your friend will have a hearing soon she should find a pro bono lawyer to represent her otherwise her case will continue to move forward with a lawyer or not. In Immigration Court the Court won't provide a counsel. She can ask to the Immigration Judge some additional time to find an attorney to assist her,most of the time the Judges give some time to find an attorney.

Regarding to ask to expedite then they change their police because the petitioner could call without any problem then they changed,or your friend fire her lawyer or tell him to do his job . He could try to expedite.I saw several cases they expedite due the hearing.

Thanks very much she did call back and leave a message just to see the outcome and low and behold someone called her back around 2 hrs later but she missed the call. She said a woman left her a message saying she didn't leave her case number and reason for call but if she doesn't have an attorney she need to send her inquiries in writing to vsc but she also told her to call back with all the info she didn't leave on message so she did will let you know the outcome

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

lorphelpme tell your friend if she decides to send to USCIS a letter to expedite she must provide a written explanation why the application needs to be expedited. Tell her to submit documents showing her next hearing. She should write “EXPEDITE REQUEST” at the top of her letter. Every time an individual call the Vawa Unit she/he must leave name,phone number and case number ok.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.