3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

LORPHELPME according to the USCIS customers and their representatives may request for the Vermont Service Center.Her layer or her can call USCIS and she can request to expedite and let them know she is in removal proceedings.

Thanks is there a particular number she should call or the customer service line is fine. How does she go about requesting expedite. she has a lawyer and vsc don't communicate with you when you have representation. So wat am gathering from you is she can do it on her own.

Edited by lorphelpme

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Sandranj can a vawa case be expedited if you in removal proceedings. Is that grounds for expedite

[/qu

Hi Lorphelpme, I thought the same way since i was already in the removal proceedings before i filed for my i360, but thats not the case , they take just as much time as they would with a normal vawa, no preferential treatment or expediting :). I am a living example. Filed my vawa in may2011 and the only time i heard from them is last week when they sent a RFE. Good luck with your case.

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh ok sandranj, thanks for the info. its funny cz i asked my attorney about that and he told me there was nothing they could do about it but just wait. Some just dont give their best shots with their clients, i think theres quite a few that treat cases like its their last & one and only case, some just care about the money. There too many things i had to learn and do on my own due to the fact that my attorney wouldnt tell me all i need to know. Sad truth.

Filed: Timeline

I'm currently on status with my student visa which mean i'm not in any removal procedding. So with a pending i-360 only, if I am to get married with a USC spouse in the future, I would be fine right?

VAWA if you get married with a pending I-360 your vawa petition will be CANCELED. If you are not in removal proceedings you can remarry but if you are in removal proceedings the chance to have your AOS approved is almost non existent.

Filed: Timeline

sync78, I agree. Unlike your case, I have mountain of official evidence. I'm spending a few months on this forum, and putting the entire packet in order - before I even see my pro-bono attorney for the first time (now scheduled mid-Sept). Hopefully, all attorney will have to do then is just submit it the way attorney knows best

Edited by SingleDad2usc

Timeline

There is a provision in INA law to expedite cases from people in removal proceedings.I handled several cases expedited,but it depends of who will handle your case tho.

So is there a particular number she can call. Can she expedite on her own even though she has an attorney, can you tell me the process so I can tell her cause her court appearance is next month

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

VAWA as I said before if you get married now without having your Vawa adjudicated they will cancel your petition.I mean you have to communicate about your married.

You will be able to adjust your status after getting married if you prove that you have a genuine relationship and you didn't enter into a marriage for the purpose of evading the immigration laws.

Timeline

lorphelpme tell her to call VSC VAWA Hotline (1-802-527-488). She must inform them that she is in removal proceedings.

Thanks very much will do but I think it's missing a number

Edited by lorphelpme

Timeline

lorphelpme tell her to call VSC VAWA Hotline (1-802-527-488). She must inform them that she is in removal proceedings.

Sandranj it's missing a number can you please write the number again. So wat am understanding is she calls the number and just ask to expedite case because she is in removal. Is there any paperwork that must be filed for that. Does she leave a message or do they typically answer the vsc hotline number. Please tell me exactly wat needs to be do if you don't mind it would be very useful to her and maybe to some people here in removal also. Hope am not annoyin

Much appreciated thanks.

Timeline

lorphelpme 1-802-527-4888.She can call them and leave a message with name and phone number and the reasons she is calling and they will call her back, she should tell she in removal proceedings,her hearing will be next month and she wants to expedite.I hope she will be able to have her case expedited.

Timeline

lorphelpme 1-802-527-4888.She can call them and leave a message with name and phone number and the reasons she is calling and they will call her back, she should tell she in removal proceedings,her hearing will be next month and she wants to expedite.I hope she will be able to have her case expedited.

Thanks much appreciated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I received an approved i360 vawa petition from VSC dated 07/30/2012. The petition was approved on 07/23/2012 and I have a pending I485, filed on may/2011. I would immensely appreciate your kind help if someone can help me with the following questions.

1. How long does it take for an approved VAWA I360 to get notified to National Benefit Center to link my pending I485 to m approved I360?

2. Has anyone ever experienced this situation and how long did it take before securing interview notice?

I have read couple of things online but I would really appreciate if someone can help me out. Many thanks as look forward to hearing from you guys.

Timeline

Hi guys , my attorney just called me. He received an approval letter for my I-360, i m so happy. I feel like i want to cry.

Good luck to everyone waiting on their approval.

Was 9 months of waiting. I applied in december 2011 ,i sent I-360, I 485, I 765 all together. Now i have to wait for my interview.

Hope it will happen soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.