3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi all,

I have been waiting for over 2 YEARS now :crying:

I applied in August 2010. I sent response to the RFE I got on Sept. 6th or 7th 2011, and I was told I will get a response within 60 days...what a joke! Fast forward...it will be 1 year next month, and yet NOTHING!

Is there anyone here in a similar situation?

Two years u applied before the processing time which means u need to contact which an thinking u already did am hoping. Have u contacted them and wat did they say. Do u have an attorney. Info pass etc.

Have u contacted them from he time u sent the RFE.

Filed: Timeline

Loveme one of the girl here from VJ she just showed them the prima facie. She got a check of $1.500 with The Salvation Army .They have a Domestic Violence Program certified by The Florida Department of Children and Families. Find a Salvation Army near your home and show them the prima facie, if you have a police report show them as well ok. Good luck.

Did it and they say they have no idea of what i am talking about.

To Sandra or anyone who has had a previous 130 converted to VAWA. Did you have any issues with your i485?

Mine has been stuck almost 2 months awaiting adjudication to remove previous 130. Just wanted to see if anyone had similar experience.

We tried to email last month for update but no response.

Email from USCIS officer

"This file has been received; however there is a pending I-130 that has to be adjudicated before the file can be released to the NBC for interview scheduling."

Filed: Other Timeline

Two years u applied before the processing time which means u need to contact which an thinking u already did am hoping. Have u contacted them and wat did they say. Do u have an attorney. Info pass etc.

Have u contacted them from he time u sent the RFE.

I have an attorney, and I was married to a U.S. citizen, and we have a child together.

I have not done the info pass. I have called a few times, and my lawyer has contacted them a few times as well, by mail and phone. They say my case is undergoing final background checks.

Sandranj, pls do you know what this means and how long this usually takes? I need to get a job, I'm tired of living like this.

I have an attorney, and I was married to a U.S. citizen, and we have a child together.

I have not done the info pass. I have called a few times, and my lawyer has contacted them a few times as well, by mail and phone. They say my case is undergoing final background checks.

Sandranj, pls do you know what this means and how long this usually takes? I need to get a job, I'm tired of living like this.

My prayers goes up for you; that you will get an approval soon.

Myjay,I am so sorry to hear your situation. I can't begin to imagine how you feel.If I may ask,do you mind telling what your RFE was for? God be with you friend.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi Myjay, you are not the only one here, I first applied my VAWA on Jan22nd 2011, So far I wait for 19 months already, I married with US citizen for 3.3 years now, me and my wife have no kids, because she is drug addicted. I need first keep her alive, then think about our future kids someday.

Hi Memes: my answer to your question is your california service center should sent your I-130 and I-485 to VSC long before you first sent your VAWA to VSC. In my case, NBC sent my I-130 and I-485 to VSC on March 28th 2011 after I first mailed my VAWA to VSC on Jan22nd 2011. So far I am still hanging on my I-131 US travel document, which will have result maybe this month sometime, just hopefully.

anyway, waiting is permanent, approved is temporary, pain is forever, marriage with US citizen is happiness only a short period of time for those people who are on VAWA waiting lists.

God bless those people who are on VAWA waiting lists!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

resignedtoinswhim yes naturalization records are public. Regarding to email USCIS to find if someone is naturalized is a bit frustrating.If you need to find out the status of the abuser your lawyer/any organization representing you when filing the I-360 can ask USCIS to search the status of the individual, but you can't find out the status before filing , because they are not allowed to inform,but they put some effort trying to find the status of the abuser upon request.

Timeline

loveme find you county using this link, tell you were battered and where you can apply for "Victims compensation and/or relocation"

http://myfloridalegal.com/catalog.nsf?SearchDomain&Query=victims%20AND%20compensation%20AND%20claims%20AND%20assistance&Start=1&Count=30

The attorney general offices site states

"division of Victim Services

The Florida Attorney General's Division of Victim Services not only serves as an advocate for crime victims and victims' rights, it also administers a compensation program to ensure financial assistance for innocent victims of crime. As part of its responsibility, the division also notifies victims of the status of any appellate decisions regarding their cases.

Injured crime victims may be eligible for financial assistance for medical care, lost income, mental health services, funeral expenses and other out-of-pocket expenses directly related to the injury. If needed, they can also be referred to support organizations within their home area.

Victims wishing to apply for assistance, check on the status of their applications, or in need of any other assistance can contact the division toll free from anywhere in the United States.

The toll-free number is 1-800-226-6667. Tallahassee-area residents should dial 414-3300. In addition, victims may also contact the Division of Victim Services at (850) 414-3300.

I will email this girl from VJ and ask exactly how she got the money. Last week she emailed saying that she showed the prima facie and police record and filed a form, and after 10 days she got $1.500

Timeline

myjay they are reviewing if you have a criminal history, if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and they review the application/petition for fraud indicators.They will notifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or send you an RFE asking something.You might be receiving a letter for an interview soon.

Timeline

resignedtoinswhim I didn't explain very well, Let's me explain better. You can naturalize in Federal courts,State courts and local courts. You may check with the local courts in the appropriate area. USCIS keeps all naturalizations that occurred after September 26, 1906. If you file Foia( Freedom of Information Act)it will take several months, but you can find out if the individual became a U.S. citizen.

Edited by sandranj

loveme find you county using this link, tell you were battered and where you can apply for "Victims compensation and/or relocation"

http://myfloridalegal.com/catalog.nsf?SearchDomain&Query=victims%20AND%20compensation%20AND%20claims%20AND%20assistance&Start=1&Count=30

The attorney general offices site states

"division of Victim Services

The Florida Attorney General's Division of Victim Services not only serves as an advocate for crime victims and victims' rights, it also administers a compensation program to ensure financial assistance for innocent victims of crime. As part of its responsibility, the division also notifies victims of the status of any appellate decisions regarding their cases.

Injured crime victims may be eligible for financial assistance for medical care, lost income, mental health services, funeral expenses and other out-of-pocket expenses directly related to the injury. If needed, they can also be referred to support organizations within their home area.

Victims wishing to apply for assistance, check on the status of their applications, or in need of any other assistance can contact the division toll free from anywhere in the United States.

The toll-free number is 1-800-226-6667. Tallahassee-area residents should dial 414-3300. In addition, victims may also contact the Division of Victim Services at (850) 414-3300.

I will email this girl from VJ and ask exactly how she got the money. Last week she emailed saying that she showed the prima facie and police record and filed a form, and after 10 days she got $1.500

Please ask her what city she lives. You could msg me private if you need to

Filed: Other Timeline

myjay they are reviewing if you have a criminal history, if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and they review the application/petition for fraud indicators.They will notifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or send you an RFE asking something.You might be receiving a letter for an interview soon.

Thanks sandranj for your response. But i am worried...what do you mean by interview? An interview in Vermont? I only filed the I-360. Can I be called for interview without filing for adjustment of status?

My RFE was for national background checks, and not for only one state. My lawyer sent a clearance from only NM, but I've

lived in several other states in the U.S. including NY with my husband.

NYC, get help+stipend, if your anti-depressants are not working! No status ok

Have you been diagnosed with major depressive disorder? Are your medications not working for you? If so, you may qualify for a research study of major depressive disorder. To Qualify Participants Must: Be between the ages of 18 and 65, Be diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, Currently taking an approved antidepressant or have taken an antidepressant during current episode. Have not had an adequate response to current or past treatments. Be in good general health

Eligible Participants May Receive:

Compensation up to $800 for time and travel. Study-related medical exams and evaluations at no charge

Investigational study medication (212) 994-4567 www.clinilabs.com/mdd

participate@clinilabs.com 423 West 55th Street, 4th Floor, NYC - WALK INS ok

Edited by SingleDad2usc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.