3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here is some information regarding financial assistance for victims of domestic violence in California , including up to $2,000 per household for expenses relating to relocation.

http://www.vcgcb.ca.gov/docs/brochures/fs/DV.pdf

Here is some information regarding financial assistance for victims of domestic violence in California , including up to $2,000 per household for expenses relating to relocation.

http://www.vcgcb.ca.gov/docs/brochures/fs/DV.pdf

Sandra,

Is there info fo the state of CT???

Also I was accepted to uconn law masters program and the only thing I found out is that I can get loans federal loans. And my lawyer said I don't need a prima facie if I applied my I 485. How does that make sense. Nothing changed on my case since may 2011.

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Samdra thanks for u answer I did not know I have to send medical exam w I 485 .. How could miss it..like the waiting thing is not driving me crazy already .. I thought USCIS ask in RFE anyway let me pray for the best ... Thanks again

Timeline

maryhoney87 your lawyer said" ... I don't need a prima facie if I applied my I 485" , what kind of drugs he might have been using?LOL

What prima facie has to with I-485..NOTHING...ZERO...NADA...It doesn't make sense his information,no provision in Immigration law at all.We have here in the VJ several battered women/men they have a pending I-485 and they got prima facie without any problem.

Timeline

maryhoney87 your lawyer said" ... I don't need a prima facie if I applied my I 485" , what kind of drugs he might have been using?LOL

What prima facie has to with I-485..NOTHING...ZERO...NADA...It doesn't make sense his information,no provision in Immigration law at all.We have here in the VJ several battered women/men they have a pending I-485 and they got prima facie without any problem.

I know!!!! This is crazy too crazy :(

I am wondering how can I get help with school. I'm not eligible for Fafsa because it's a masters degree. It should be another way... Also don't know what else to do regarding the wait. It has been 15 months since applied no changes since then.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Vsc is getting more ridiculous by the day with this waiting period how on gods earth can someone that filed for eg in July 2011 with no expedite get an approval before someone that filed in the previous months this is nonsense I think we might have to start protesting about vsc and their #######. Ughhhh

God help us all.

I know!!!! This is crazy too crazy :(

I am wondering how can I get help with school. I'm not eligible for Fafsa because it's a masters degree. It should be another way... Also don't know what else to do regarding the wait. It has been 15 months since applied no changes since then.

Have u ever gotten a prima facie

Timeline

I think vsc is deliberately keeping the processing time for vawa stagnant because lets just say u have been waiting for 2 yrs and u file after the date shown on the website. if the processing time remains the same u can't call them and query cause they will just say you are not iin the processing timeframe.

Vsc is getting more ridiculous by the day with this waiting period how on gods earth can someone that filed for eg in July 2011 with no expedite get an approval before someone that filed in the previous months this is nonsense I think we might have to start protesting about vsc and their #######. Ughhhh

God help us all.

Have u ever gotten a prima facie

Yep I got the first one. It expired my lawyer never looked on it I told her it has expired she applied for second one. My second one it is expiring next month. And my lawyer is in maternity leave, never called me before she left to update my case. I'm tired! And the other lawyer taking care of the case is telling me I don't need a prima facie because I applied for i485. ####### is wrong with people....

Timeline

Yep I got the first one. It expired my lawyer never looked on it I told her it has expired she applied for second one. My second one it is expiring next month. And my lawyer is in maternity leave, never called me before she left to update my case. I'm tired! And the other lawyer taking care of the case is telling me I don't need a prima facie because I applied for i485. ####### is wrong with people....

Really ughh those lawyers talk all the bs when they want your money after they get it they really dont give a damn. This is crazy those lawyers delay your case even more by them just being ignorant of the facts

Timeline

PALMBEACH Vawa cases (I-360)won't be affected at all because of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process. Who adjudicates Vawa is a specific unit called VAWA UNIT.They are 25 adjudicators well trained and they adjudicate just Vawa cases ok.

I really hope so . Because if it delays vawa longer we are all in big trouble. I dont understand the timeline . The last time that i was able to speak with someone at vsc and the most that i was able to get out of them was ( we still working on previous cases that was submited before my case and the officer told me that it may take up to 5 years in some cases), i really hope i dont have to wait that long.

I really hope so . Because if it delays vawa longer we are all in big trouble. I dont understand the timeline . The last time that i was able to speak with someone at vsc and the most that i was able to get out of them was ( we still working on previous cases that was submited before my case and the officer told me that it may take up to 5 years in some cases), i really hope i dont have to wait that long.

5 years???? That's insane!!! It has been 15 months for me and I am already losing hope

Timeline

I called one time and they told me the same thing because there wAs an error on the processing time it said they were on cases for 2007 but then when the updated the site the following month it went to 2011. Oh well hopefully we get approvals soon it will be 12 months this month for me two prima facie sent in to renew it end of July haven't gotten any response that's the longest they have ever taken to send me a prima facie. Hopefully I get an approval and no prima facie

Good luck everyone

Vsc is mentally abusing me like my husband did ughh

Filed: Other Timeline

SandraNJ,

Are naturalization records public. Can a third party (like a former spouse w/o consent, quite a few on VAWA forum) request that information from USCIS by writing to them? Or this information falls under privacy act? What about LPR status record?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi all,

I have been waiting for over 2 YEARS now :crying:

I applied in August 2010. I sent response to the RFE I got on Sept. 6th or 7th 2011, and I was told I will get a response within 60 days...what a joke! Fast forward...it will be 1 year next month, and yet NOTHING!

Is there anyone here in a similar situation?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.