3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi SandraNJ,

Thanks for your reponse to my previous inquiries. My I-360 was aprroved and the approval noticed stated that I file an I-485. I already have one that is pending but I don't mind filing another one and noting that the fee was previously collected. My question is I already did my physical for my old I-485. Do I have to do it again? Also what do you think I should include with this new I-485 form that I'll be filing.

This is what I'm thinking I should include. Please let me know if I'm on the right track.

Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate

Copy of Passport

Copy of I-94

Two pasport pictures of myself.

Please keep in mind that I submitted all the above documents with my old I-485 which is now pending.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Lorphelpme, any news from your case?

At least from what I read you got prima facie before me. My 2nd expires in November.

Best wishes for all!

Hang in there! It is a long journey but Try looking at how far we have gone not how more we have to go.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Lorphelpme, any news from your case?

At least from what I read you got prima facie before me. My 2nd expires in November.

Best wishes for all!

Hang in there! It is a long journey but Try looking at how far we have gone not how more we have to go.

Hey nothing yet I just sent in to renew my prima facie like a week ago this will be my third. I did it on my own but I have a lawyer just waiting to see if they will send it to me I did specify for them to send it to my address but since I have a lawyer on file am thinking they might not. Been trying to call my lawyer but he Has not returned my call as yet hopefully they end me an approval instead of prima facie.

Best wishes to u too will let you know if anything changes .

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Lorphelme DO NOT FILE form I-485 again, you have a pending I-485 .When your I-360 is approved they will send to the USCIS district office and your I-485 will be in your file along with form I-360.Don't file I-485 again because you will cause a huge mess in your case.If you had medical examination more than one year ago you need to do again.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Lorphelme DO NOT FILE form I-485 again, you have a pending I-485 .When your I-360 is approved they will send to the USCIS district office and your I-485 will be in your file along with form I-360.Don't file I-485 again because you will cause a huge mess in your case.If you had medical examination more than one year ago you need to do again.

I guess this message is for goodisalive thanks anyway

Timeline

Hey Sandbanj I have a question for you about my friend I mention that is in deportation. Her vawa is still pending but she wants to get rid of her lawyer but her third court hearing is comming up does she has to have a lawyer to represent her or can she go on her own and tell the judge vawa is still pending.

Hey nothing yet I just sent in to renew my prima facie like a week ago this will be my third. I did it on my own but I have a lawyer just waiting to see if they will send it to me I did specify for them to send it to my address but since I have a lawyer on file am thinking they might not. Been trying to call my lawyer but he Has not returned my call as yet hopefully they end me an approval instead of prima facie.

Best wishes to u too will let you know if anything changes .

He told me nothing yet it's been a week hopefully they will send it soon ughhh

Timeline

Godisalive DO NOT FILE form I-485 again, you have a pending I-485 .When your I-360 is approved they will send to the USCIS district office and your I-485 will be in your file along with form I-360.Don't file I-485 again because you will cause a huge mess in your case.If you had medical examination more than one year ago you need to do again.I made a mistake and sent the message to lordhelpme,my bad.lol

Filed: Other Timeline

yahghana you said that your lawyer filed a motion before the BIA did your lawyer file a motion for a "stay" of the final with the Court of Appeals to prevent the immigration from carrying-out your deportation?

He said he didnt cos he tot an automic stay goes into effect as soon as the appeal was filed. but my deportation officer say's otherwise. am in my lawyers office right now to see him, its hard for me to pressure him cos he is very busy and besides am not paying him. am trying to see if i can find a sample of the motion online so i can help him with my motion.

Timeline

I read Uscis newsletter somewhere and they said they would be making decisions on half of vawa cases for July to August am really not seeing anybdifference with the backlog that they are having. Ugghhhh

It will be my one yr anniversary lol this month waiting for an approval

God help us all

Timeline

AHGHANA there are no motions that are filed with the Board that result in an automatic stay of deportation ok. But If your case is regarding an appeal of an Immigration Judge’s denial of a motion to reopen deportation proceedings conducted in absentia under prior section 242B of the Immigration and Nationality Act then is automatically stayed.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.