3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

rpeaches10 you were not supposed to send I-360 along with I-485 and I-765,it's optional, but when you submit all 3 forms together you can receive work permnit, and sending just the form I-360 you will be able to get work permit only after the I-360 approval.It's a personal decision to send or not together,but keep in mind once I-485 denies the petition they will start with removal proceedings,but if the person submitted just the I-360 and USCIS denies the petition they are not deporting.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Many States have one-time payment of up to $1000 for domestic violence victims.A few weeks ago I told to one of the girls from the Visa Journey about that and she applied and got $1.000 in Florida.

-florida- pays $1.000 one time benefit for domestic Violence Relocation Assistance

-Mississippi - pays up to $2,000 one time benefit for domestic Violence Relocation Assistance.

- New York- pays up to $2,500 for Moving expenses.

-New Jersey -pays Relocation Expenses-$2,500.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Many States have one-time payment of up to $1000 for domestic violence victims.A few weeks ago I told to one of the girls from the Visa Journey about that and she applied and got $1.000 in Florida.

-florida- pays $1.000 one time benefit for domestic Violence Relocation Assistance

-Mississippi - pays up to $2,000 one time benefit for domestic Violence Relocation Assistance.

Sandranj!

Would you please give list of states or more information regarding about this please?

Thank you!

We are blessed to have you in this forum! You are the best!

Have a great week!

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Sandranj can u stay in the same borough or do u have to move to another one am in ny.thanks

Filed: Timeline

I don't think there are restrictions of addresses at all. Just remember that you can't cash it out. Either produce 3 estimates from moving Co's - and they'll pay the lowest one directly to Co. Or produce furniture invoices - and they'll pay to store.

I wonder if Sandranj has the answer: in NYC, is there a choice between up to $2500 moving and $1000 lump-sum; has anyone done this in NY?

Sandranj can u stay in the same borough or do u have to move to another one am in ny.thanks

Hi sandranj,

Quick question: my VAWA was approved in January and my 485 has been in MSC awaiting interview for 2 months now. Attorney keeps asking for follow up, but they just say its with an officer awaiting adjudication. Is there anything else I can do? I heard to ask a congressman for help. Will this help?

Thanks in advanced!

Timeline

Memes despite you are waiting two months to have your I-485 adjusdicated two months is not considered a long waiting time,most of the district offices takes 3 to 6 months to adjudicate form I-485.Hang in there, do not panic,you will have your case adjudicated soon.Good luck.

Timeline

BUTTERnFIREFLIES here is the list with the States, not all States help victims of domestic violence with moving expenses (from $1.000 TO $2.500), but most of the States pay for all medical expenses, mental health counseling, lost wages for victims unable to work because of crime-related injury.I am sure Florida,NJ.NYC,Mississippi pay compensation because I know women in all these three States that received the compensation.

http://www.karatechick.com/dv/victimsofcrime.html

Go to the bottom of the page and click Crime Victims State Compensation Commissions and WAIT 10 seconds to open the page, because the main page is not opening.

Read this page as well.

http://lesko.com/free_help_for_victims.php

Timeline

singledad as far I know NYC offers compensation related to personal injury, death and loss of essential personal property. The program states moving expenses up to $2,500.Most of the States require the individual t prove the violence occurred less then two or tree ago and have a police record regarding the violence suffered as well.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

yahghana I don't know specifically what you want but an automatic stay goes into effect when the motion is filed and remains in effect pending disposition of the motion by the immigration judge. In deportation cases the stay remains in effect during the pendency of any BIA appeal of the decision on the motion to reopen. (Matter of Rivera, 21 I&N Dec. 232, 234 (BIA 1996).

In that decision the Board of Immigration Appeals(BIA) in 1995 decided "...order and held that the automatic stay of deportation associated with the filing of a motion to reopen an in absentia hearing pursuant to section 242B©(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. § 1252b©(3) (1994), continues during the pendency of an appeal from the denial of such a motion...". Your lawyer can requested an emergency stay of deportation from the BIA based "In Matter of Rivera, 21 I&N Dec. 232 (BIA 1996)

http://www.justice.gov/eoir/vll/intdec/vol21/3296.pdf

yahghana individuals who were ordered removed or deported in absentia JUST can reopen their cases in few circumstances such as if they did not receive notice of the hearing or because they were in Federal or State custody and failed to appear through no fault of their own, or because of a serious illness of the individual or death of an immediate relative. In your case if you were living with your husband and in that time the Court sent you the NTA then they won't grant your Motion, because if ANY member OF THE HOUSE RECEIVED the NTA the BIA considers the hearing notice was properly delivered, if the NTA was sent by certified mail to the correct address and you were living there then they won't grant your motion, but if you were separated and communicated the Court your change of address and they still sent to your husband's house the letter then probably you will have your motion granted, if you were separated but did not communicate the court your change of address you can't be deported in absentia as a consequence of failing to inform your change of address, however it appears the courts are ignoring that.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Timeline

yahghana I don't know specifically what you want but an automatic stay goes into effect when the motion is filed and remains in effect pending disposition of the motion by the immigration judge. In deportation cases the stay remains in effect during the pendency of any BIA appeal of the decision on the motion to reopen. (Matter of Rivera, 21 I&N Dec. 232, 234 (BIA 1996).

In that decision the Board of Immigration Appeals(BIA) in 1995 decided "...order and held that the automatic stay of deportation associated with the filing of a motion to reopen an in absentia hearing pursuant to section 242B©(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. § 1252b©(3) (1994), continues during the pendency of an appeal from the denial of such a motion...". Your lawyer can requested an emergency stay of deportation from the BIA based "In Matter of Rivera, 21 I&N Dec. 232 (BIA 1996)

http://www.justice.gov/eoir/vll/intdec/vol21/3296.pdf

yahghana individuals who were ordered removed or deported in absentia JUST can reopen their cases in few circumstances such as if they did not receive notice of the hearing or because they were in Federal or State custody and failed to appear through no fault of their own, or because of a serious illness of the individual or death of an immediate relative. In your case if you were living with your husband and in that time the Court sent you the NTA then they won't grant your Motion, because if ANY member OF THE HOUSE RECEIVED the NTA the BIA considers the hearing notice was properly delivered, if the NTA was sent by certified mail to the correct address and you were living there then they won't grant your motion, but if you were separated and communicated the Court your change of address and they still sent to your husband's house the letter then probably you will have your motion granted, if you were separated but did not communicate the court your change of address you can't be deported in absentia as a consequence of failing to inform your change of address, however it appears the courts are ignoring that.

Thanks sandranj, am just confused and stressed out right now. I need a working permit and all i can do is wait for an approval. i hope it comes very soon. Thank you sandra.

Timeline

yahghana you said that your lawyer filed a motion before the BIA did your lawyer file a motion for a "stay" of the final with the Court of Appeals to prevent the immigration from carrying-out your deportation?

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.