3,588 posts in this topic

hi liveurlife:

good luck on your RFE reply, sure you will get your vawa approved soon, trust me! I am in the same situation as you.

my RFE reply was arrived VSC on July 20th 2012, as you said VSC will make a decision 14days after receipt,so the deadline is on Augest 5th 2012, the day I will get my VAWA result.By the way I first applied my vawa on Jan 22th 2011.

I did not feel I got enough evidence either, all i got are joint bank account, joint tax return, joint lease and bills, joint land purchase document, one mental doctor's prescription drug report, one therapy's report,two US citizen's reference letters,non-crimial record from both Seattle and my own country, family pictures with my wife and her family memebers, christian marriage certificate, plus I still married with my wife for 3.3yrs who is drug addicted and her family members all knew it long before i married with her.

take care brothers and sisters, if i lost my vawa case, then prepare the other evidences which is different with mine. I will stay put in Auckland, help my wife immigrate to New Zealand. the worst thing is me and my wife will never get together in Seattle, also I cannot help my two younger sister-in-laws in Seattle which made me feel guilty. the best thing is we are still alive!

What was your RFE for?

I'm not attorney and this is not legal advice, this is just my personal opinion!

USCIS:

03/26/2008 Approved I-130
04/21/2011 Send I-360, I-765 and I-485 to Vermont Service Center
05/26/2011 Approved EAD
05/31/2011 Request for evidence for I-360
06/24/2011 Biometrics I-485
09/06/2011 Send responds for RFE of I-360
09/12/2011 Prima Facie approval for I-360
01/09/2012 Send E-mails to VSC asking what is going on with my case. (E-mail send to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov)
01/17/2012 Got responds from VSC email saying that they can't talk about my case over phone or e-mail.
02/26/2012 Approved extension of EAD
02/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (second one)
06/28/2012 Send letter to VSC to see what is going on with my case
08/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (third one)
09/18/2012 RFE
10/10/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (Fourth one)
10/31/2012 VSC received RFE respond
02/04/2013 Renewed Prima Facie (Sixte one)
04/17/2013 I-360 and I-485 got DENAID!

05/15/2013 Filed I-290B Notice of Appeal from denial of VAWA I-360 - APPEAL WAS DENIED

12/15/2014 Filed for second time I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131

12/30/2014 RFE for Good Moral Character received

01/08/2015 FBI clairance and respond to RFE sent to VSC

02/12/2015 RFE I-131 asking if I was or I'm in removal proceedings

03/03/2015 Respond for I-131 RFE sent to VSC

04/02/2015 RFE for Bona Fide Marriage, proof of shared residents and request for more evidence regarding Abuse received

04/20/2015 I-765 and I-131 APPROVED.

06/25/2015 Respond to I-360 RFE sent to VSC

07/14/2015 I-360 application APPROVED!!!

ICE

04/29/2011 Went for appointment with ICE officer and got processed
06/01/2011 Turn my passport in and started to report to BI twice a month in BI office, ones a month via phone and once a month they come to my home
01/05/2012 Still don't have court date!
02/02/2012 Terminated removal proceedings.

Filed: Other Timeline

hi to every body,

couple days ago i want from lawyer that send a letter or email to wawa department and ask about my status inquiry ,case after send last evidence for RFE i have not any responding.

to day we received this respond:

"The I-360 petition is currently pending review we do not have a time frame on how much longer the process may take. A request to have a new prima facie extension notice issued has been sent to our clerical department you should receive it in the next 7 to 14 days."

what do you think guys ?

January, 28, 2011 Apply and send WAVA (I-360) And I-485 , I-756, I-131 with fee application
February, 09, 2011 Receive RFE request good moral March,07,2011 mailed RFE
March,14,2011 touched I-360
May,24,2011 touched my case I-131
june,8,2011 EAD received in my hand.
July,26,2011 Travel Document ( I-131) Approved
September,14,2011 Renew second Prima Facie and Revived
October,28,2011 touched I-360 and requesting additional evidence or information case I-360
January,06,2012 sent answer RFE (I-360)
February,08,2012 request renew Prima Facie and February,17,2012 revived 3th Prima Facie ( validate 60 days)
February,27,2012 request renew 2th EAD Card
April 17,2012 Approved my 2th EAD Card and April,23,2012 received my 2th EAD Card
April,27,2012 received appointment letter for fingerprint ( File A # ) from U.S.DHS-ICE ( next month) i request for change location.
may,17,2012 received 4th prima Facie July,24,2012 renew 5th perima
OCT,28,2012 case denied.
-----------------------------------------------
APR 11 2013 Refile i-360 , i-485 , i-756 , i-131,
APR,16 notice received , RFE for good moral and medical exam

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Vawa I recommend a few more sessions, as I said you need to prove extreme mental abuse, but the psychological evaluation must show you endured mental abuse and because of that you have some conditions such as anxiety,depression etc...There is a huge difference between living with a freaking wife is always fighting and yelling and abuse, as I said i don't know about your case, but you need to prove extreme mental abuse,usually mental abuse is followed by threats of deportation,jealousy,possessiveness, intimidation, harassment,control,etc...You need to have some affidavits(notarized) from friends to corroborate your story.Did you find a pro bono lawyer to represent you?.

Edited by sandranj

hi to every body,

couple days ago i want from lawyer that send a letter or email to wawa department and ask about my status inquiry ,case after send last evidence for RFE i have not any responding.

to day we received this respond:

"The I-360 petition is currently pending review we do not have a time frame on how much longer the process may take. A request to have a new prima facie extension notice issued has been sent to our clerical department you should receive it in the next 7 to 14 days."

what do you think guys ?

Wow I can't believe! What is going on with them?! We where already gavin pain and suffering from our spouses and now that pain is getting even bigger due to VSC is taking all this time!

I can't sleep, can't operate "normal' because of all his hassle.

I'm not attorney and this is not legal advice, this is just my personal opinion!

USCIS:

03/26/2008 Approved I-130
04/21/2011 Send I-360, I-765 and I-485 to Vermont Service Center
05/26/2011 Approved EAD
05/31/2011 Request for evidence for I-360
06/24/2011 Biometrics I-485
09/06/2011 Send responds for RFE of I-360
09/12/2011 Prima Facie approval for I-360
01/09/2012 Send E-mails to VSC asking what is going on with my case. (E-mail send to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov)
01/17/2012 Got responds from VSC email saying that they can't talk about my case over phone or e-mail.
02/26/2012 Approved extension of EAD
02/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (second one)
06/28/2012 Send letter to VSC to see what is going on with my case
08/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (third one)
09/18/2012 RFE
10/10/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (Fourth one)
10/31/2012 VSC received RFE respond
02/04/2013 Renewed Prima Facie (Sixte one)
04/17/2013 I-360 and I-485 got DENAID!

05/15/2013 Filed I-290B Notice of Appeal from denial of VAWA I-360 - APPEAL WAS DENIED

12/15/2014 Filed for second time I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131

12/30/2014 RFE for Good Moral Character received

01/08/2015 FBI clairance and respond to RFE sent to VSC

02/12/2015 RFE I-131 asking if I was or I'm in removal proceedings

03/03/2015 Respond for I-131 RFE sent to VSC

04/02/2015 RFE for Bona Fide Marriage, proof of shared residents and request for more evidence regarding Abuse received

04/20/2015 I-765 and I-131 APPROVED.

06/25/2015 Respond to I-360 RFE sent to VSC

07/14/2015 I-360 application APPROVED!!!

ICE

04/29/2011 Went for appointment with ICE officer and got processed
06/01/2011 Turn my passport in and started to report to BI twice a month in BI office, ones a month via phone and once a month they come to my home
01/05/2012 Still don't have court date!
02/02/2012 Terminated removal proceedings.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi Macbook: please see my post #2611 for VSC's RFE questions, good luck brother, you will get your approved soon, i am so scared now for my vawa result, my vawa deadline is on Augest 5th 2012. God help me please. :rofl:

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

Vawa I recommend a few more sessions, as I said you need to prove extreme mental abuse, but the psychological evaluation must show you endured mental abuse and because of that you have some conditions such as anxiety,depression etc...There is a huge difference between living with a freaking wife is always fighting and yelling and abuse, as I said i don't know about your case, but you need to prove extreme mental abuse,usually mental abuse is followed by threats of deportation,jealousy,possessiveness, intimidation, harassment,control,etc...You need to have some affidavits(notarized) from friends to corroborate your story.Did you find a pro bono lawyer to represent you?.

Hi all,

could any of you help me with an advice for this? i have sent a notarized letter since three weeks to VSC to inform that my lawyer passed away and to correspond for any matter of my vawa case with me. so far, they haven't answered to that letter. i'm starting to wonder if the change of address will be considered. what do you think i should do to ensure thay don't correnspond with the office of my attorney that is already closed? do you think i should call them?

Sandranj, what would be your input on this please?

thanks.

Filed: Timeline

All the lawyers are expensive and most of them said I'm a guy and with emotional abuse, dont bother to do it.

So I'm doing everything myself.

How do we get a police clearance check from our own country if we're in the US?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if VSC accepts applicants at their office?? I would honestly drive all the way there just to speak to an officer to expedite my EAD...I'm soo afraid I'm gonna lose this job offer if they don't approve my EAD by next week.

Question. I'm renewing my EAD...do I have to do another biometrics???

Hi all,

Does anyone know if VSC accepts applicants at their office?? I would honestly drive all the way there just to speak to an officer to expedite my EAD...I'm soo afraid I'm gonna lose this job offer if they don't approve my EAD by next week.

Question. I'm renewing my EAD...do I have to do another biometrics???

I had mine approved with no new biometrics. I am not sure if they accept in person applicants though. Good luck hope you get it soon

I had mine approved with no new biometrics. I am not sure if they accept in person applicants though. Good luck hope you get it soon

I did my renewal online which and had to go get a picture updated and fingerprint (only 1) updated. I think to verify it was me.

From what I read people who applied via paper don't have to redo biometrics

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Someone sent me a private message but I couldn't answer directly to the person since I don't know which tread the person wrote the question, but because is regarding Vawa I will answer here.

Just relatives of a US Citizen or LPR can file form I-360.It doesn't matter the divorce was finalized based in domestic violence. In your case it matters if the abuser was a US Citizen or LPR when the violence happened! You CAN'T file form I-360 based in Vawa because the abuser wasn't a LPR in that time.If the violence kept happening when he became a LPR, and if you can prove that, then you are eligible to file Vawa.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

fajrakatana you need to send a letter along with your police clearance explaining why you were arrested in USA. Regarding the police clearance in Philippines

if you already have an old police clearance or NBI clearance from your home country then you need just to apply for a renewal. Ask some relative there to get for you. But you have to go to the Philippine Consulate to get a Power of Attorney and authorize your relative to get for you.If it's your first time applying to get a police clearance then get a fingerprint form in the nearest Philippine Consulate and ask to your relative to send back when ready for you.

when u go to police department,to get a police clearance, is it given at the same day? how much i am going to pay for it,and does it need social security number, and are they also asking what is the reason im needing that clearance? do they also run fingerprints?thanks!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.