3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi sandranj:

thanks for your help, I think you are right, today I received my Notice of Action letter from VSC, they said I have to answer it before Sep23nd, they ask me everything, including:

1: my wife's US birth certificate which I mailed it to NBC last May,

2:me and my wife's joint bank account, lease agreemet, joint property, joint bills, joint tax return, I mailed this to them before,

3: my extremely abused evidence, I only have mental doctor's medical report for my prescription drug and my I-693 medicl checkout report, so do my psychology test report from Seattle threapy. Police report and my shelter record, which I didnot have it, so i have to answer it honestly.

4: Good moral evidence: my non-criminal record from Seattle and my home country, my Six US citizen reference who knew my wife's drug habits.

I mail VSC all the evidence I can find today by express mail, it will take 5 days to delivery, after VSC received my letter they will make decision for my US travel documents and my Vawa result in 14 days, oh my God, never been so nervous! just hope my evidences can meet VSC minimum requirement for VAWA approve.

God bless you all! God bless American! enjoy your day in the state!I mean it, I have never been back Seattle for the past 18 months.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Young Seatle do not rush.Take your time to gather all documents they required. Regarding the good moral character you MUST send police certificates from Seattle and Australia. You already sent affidavits from friends, and if they are asking proof of good moral character again it means they want the police certificates from USA and Australia.

Did you have a complete psychological evaluation stating the abuse you suffered and did you send to USCIS a letter from your psychologist? That's what they want.

Mail AGAIN copy of her US birth certificate,joint bank account, lease agreemet, joint property, joint bills, joint tax return.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Finally I have the courage to write in this forum that I have been following since I applied for Vawa on Nov 4th, 2011

I know this wait is killing everybody. I wish from the bottom of my heart good luck to everybody here.

We all know how hard is dealing with the past.

I want to keep my timeline:

Nov 4th 2011 Send I - 360 to Vermont Center

Nov 15th 2011 Prima Facie Received

In the mean time, husband withdrew 130

January 20th 2012 sent 485 package

February 2012 Final hearing- divorce

April 2nd 2012 - EAC REceived

June 2012- Second Prima Facie Received

Its been 8 months already.. I think I will keep everything in God hands to end up with this nightmare soon.

Welcome feel free to ask questions we are all going through the sane process, I applied in August 2011 and still waiting for approval the wait is killing us all but God is great good news is on the way for all of us waiting

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Welcome feel free to ask questions we are all going through the sane process, I applied in August 2011 and still waiting for approval the wait is killing us all but God is great good news is on the way for all of us waiting

Yay! I finally found someone has the same time frame. Thank you Lordhelpme! I applied on August 2011 too. So now all I have to do is following you.

Timeline

Yay! I finally found someone has the same time frame. Thank you Lordhelpme! I applied on August 2011 too. So now all I have to do is following you.

NO probs that great whenever i hear anything of course i will post to let you and my vj family know.

Timeline

hey gusy i have a question my prima facie is about to expire the second week of august. i have an attorney but since am finacially drained and he will definatley charge me to do the paperwork for renewal, can i do it on my own. if so wat do i need to send in apart from the letter to vsc with my name case number and copy of prima facie. also can someone give me the address to send it to to vsc.

one more thing my mail goes to my attorney so do i ask them to mail it to my attorney or do i put my address becasue i dont want them to be alerted by my address being that when you have an attorney they dont talk to you the applicant directly.

thanks guys

lordhelpme

Filed: Timeline

My lawyer decided to stop presenting me as he's been busy with his wife. So I am on my own now. VAWA based on emotional abuse

What I have now is:

- my detail affadavit

- Police DP case number when I called the police

- My family lawyer's affadavit

- letters from my landlord and friends states that my wife barged into my new home and forced me to sign a legal document, which I didn't.

- 120 photos of us from different occassion

- I have marriage certificate

- She's from Cambodia and just become a US citizen, but before I moved out she checked the PC's history and saw me looking up "VAWA" so she took her US passport, Netrualization paper away.

How do I proof that she is a USC?

- I have her driver license and SSN

what other things should I collect?

Timeline

Vawa you need to send psychological evaluation,If you are not doing therapy I recommend you start NOW and after a few sessions ask the psychologist to give you a psychological report and then submit with your case.USCIS requires proof of the mental abuse, just your own affidavit is not enough. There are several places you can find some free help with psychologist.

-You need police clearance from your home country and USA(all places that you lived more than 6months in the last 3 years)

-copy of the US Citizen passport of naturalization papers.If you can't find at all you can give to USCIS her SSN and copy of her driver license, but remember the burden of proof is yours.

-copy of utilities bills(cable,water,internet,phone) bank statement(joint bank account) joint tax return.Health insurance plan, car insurance in name of both etc...

notarized affidavit from family and friends stating your marriage was genuine.

To prove mental/psychological abuse you have to show you were subjected to intimidation,jealousy,isolation,threats etc..

I don't know about your situation, but many people get divorce because they didn't feel happy,fell out of of love, realized made mistake etc and these reasons are not grounds to file Vawa tho. You need to have proof that you were subjected to mental abuse, and not just had a few fights here and there because the couple didn't get along.

Edited by sandranj

Thank you,

I filed for a divorce on March 20th 2012, do you think if I go to therapy now is it too late to do so?

Vawa you need to send psychological evaluation,If you are not doing therapy I recommend you start NOW and after a few sessions ask the psychologist to give you a psychological report and then submit with your case.USCIS requires proof of the mental abuse, just your own affidavit is not enough. There are several places you can find some free help with psychologist.

-You need police clearance from your home country and USA(all places that you lived more than 6months in the last 3 years)

-copy of the US Citizen passport of naturalization papers.If you can't find at all you can give to USCIS her SSN and copy of her driver license, but remember the burden of proof is yours.

-copy of utilities bills(cable,water,internet,phone) bank statement(joint bank account) joint tax return.Health insurance plan, car insurance in name of both etc...

notarized affidavit from family and friends stating your marriage was genuine.

To prove mental/psychological abuse you have to show you were subjected to intimidation,jealousy,isolation,threats etc..

I don't know about your situation, but many people get divorce because they didn't feel happy,fell out of of love, realized made mistake etc and these reasons are not grounds to file Vawa tho. You need to have proof that you were subjected to mental abuse, and not just had a few fights here and there because the couple didn't get along.

Timeline

does anyone have the answers to my questions below, thanks

hey gusy i have a question my prima facie is about to expire the second week of august. i have an attorney but since am finacially drained and he will definatley charge me to do the paperwork for renewal, can i do it on my own. if so wat do i need to send in apart from the letter to vsc with my name case number and copy of prima facie. also can someone give me the address to send it to to vsc.

one more thing my mail goes to my attorney so do i ask them to mail it to my attorney or do i put my address becasue i dont want them to be alerted by my address being that when you have an attorney they dont talk to you the applicant directly.

thanks guys

lordhelpme

Timeline

Vawa it's not late to start doing therapy now.USCIS won't approve a Vawa case based in mental abuse without a psychological report. Spend some weeks doing therapy and then submit your Vawa case.As I said before just your own affidavit is not enough. There is no way USCIS can know if you are telling the truth. They do not rely just in the individual affidavit, USCIS needs evidences and because of that you need to have some professional help to corroborate your story.

Edited by sandranj

based on your answer previously, I intend to file I-360 alone because I don't want risk getting deported back.

As of right now, I will have my work permit soon based on OPT F1 student visa.

Are you filing for VAWA too?

If so, what stage are you in?

Vawa it's not late to start doing therapy now.USCIS won't approve a Vawa case based in mental abuse without a psychological report. Spend some weeks doing therapy and then submit your Vawa case.As I said before just your own affidavit is not enough. There is no way USCIS can know if you are telling the truth. They do not rely just in the individual affidavit, USCIS needs evidences and because of that you need to have some professional help to corroborate your story.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi sandranj, thanks for your help, wow, you have already helped 6000 vawa cases, very impressive! I have already mailed my reply letter to VSC by express mail the same day I received it.

About my wife's US birth certificate, I asked vitalcheck company resend another one to VSC by UPS, also I copied my email to NBC supervisor who received my wife's US birth certificate on May 2011.

I paid $700 to Seattle threapy for my psychology test before I left Seattle last January, together with my sounder mental health doctor's prescription drug letter, Seattle therapy said I have depression long time before my marriage, Sounder mental health doctor said I need go to mental hospital immediately, at the beginning I reserved my psychologist test,but my removing letter said I have to leave Seattle in one month time, so I left Seattle before I go to see Psychologist. anyway, today I will email my Seattle therapy and sounder mental health doctors to let them know my situation.

About my non-criminal record from my home country, I already mailed my notary document to VSC, since I am not in Seattle, I write my letter to Olymia to ask them send my non-criminal record to VSC, but I donot know the fee, I just put my letter in one envelope together with my other evidence documents to VSC.

I do send VSC me and my wife's joint tax return for two years, joint bill,lease,bank account, joint land property, together with our email exchanges, she said she love me always,also she asked my wells fargo bank account ATM password.

I also give my 6 US citizen friends' name to VSC, together with their contact address and phone number, since i am not in Seattle, if VSC want to contact them, they will find them by phone or mail.

Anyway, leave it to the God, i will get my results two weeks later from now on! I mailed VSC all the evidences I have right now, since I cannot fake the evidence I donot have, so that is it! if I failed for my VAWA case, which means I have to help my wife immigrate to my country, at least keep her still alive!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.