3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife did not apear at the green card marriage interview. Will file for VAWA. Do i need a lawyer?

I have my EAD and SSN.

I am in despair but reading your posts make me want o fight the injustice inflicted on me by a manipulative and scheming person.

Edited by Choiskoph

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

My wife did not apear at the green card marriage interview. Will file for VAWA. Do i need a lawyer?

I have my EAD and SSN.

I am in despair but reading your posts make me want o fight the injustice inflicted on me by a manipulative and scheming person.

Wat happened at the interview. I know a couple people who's spouse never showed up but did the interview with a lawyer told the io that things didn't work out between them and spouse and the still ended up getting the green card but it was for the 10 yr green card. If you said you did experience abuse and know u have a strong case then do what's best for u.

I have my EAD and SSN.

U need to try to be on top of things cause they just might put u in removal proceedings.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you didn't ask the immigration officer to put a hold in your I-485 because you were preparing the vawa then Uscis will start with the removal proceeding.If you have enough proof of mental abuse you can file the I-360. I advise you to get a lawyer for Vawa, it's not mandatory to have an attorney.You need to prove mental abuse and without some therapy and phychological avaliation you won't be able to have your vawa approved,and you will need some notarized affidavits from people who knows she was abusing you. TO send the I-360 without proof you will waste your time.All vawa cases regarding mental abuse that i handled those people were threated,harassed,humiliated and diagnosed with post traumatic disorder due the abuse suffered,or suffering severe depression or having episodes of panic attack/anxiety , but all cases were well prepared and with psychological avaliation as well.You need to run because soon you will get a letter regarding your removing.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

If+you+get+a+letter+regarding+your+removal+and+you+submitted+the+vawa+YOU+MUST+show+up+in+Court+and+ask+the+Judge+to+Stop+your+removal+since+you+have+a+pending+I-360.+GEt+a+pro+bono+lawyer+if+you+can't+afford+to+hire+you.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline

Is there anyone on here who has filed a VAWA, but never had an EAD, and fits into the President's new Dream policy to apply for one?

I'm curious to know how that will work if you already have a VAWA pending...

For ex. you are/were not married to a USC, and can't file under c(9)... Or you want to wait until VAWA is adjudicated before filing AOS, but need to work in the meantime, etc.

Basically, can VAWA and DREAM policy go together?

That's the situation i'm in. It would open up a lot of doors for me since I could at least get an ID or something.

I doubt filing for the dream act would some how invalidate your vawa claim.

We'll have to wait and see.

That's the situation i'm in. It would open up a lot of doors for me since I could at least get an ID or something.

I doubt filing for the dream act would some how invalidate your vawa claim.

We'll have to wait and see.

Yes, it would definitely open up a lot of doors.

And God forbid, if a VAWA gets denied, that will be there (the EAD is renewable every two years, indefinitely), and hopefully the actual Dream Act will be passed at some point

for permanent status.

Like you said, we'll have to wait and see.

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

February 28th - Received by USCIS

March 2nd - Notice Date

March 6th - Prima Facie [expires in September]

April 11th - VAWA Approved

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

Complete Package - Including I-693|Medical Exam & FBI Fingerprint/Background Check

June 11th - Received by USCIS

June 14th - Notice Date

June 28th - I-485 Biometrics Notice Date, Appointment: July 20th

July 13th - Early Walk-in Biometrics Done - Figured I'd Try My "Friday the 13th" Luck :)

July 19th - EAD Approved (Card Production & Approval/Post-Decision Activity Status Update Emails+Texts)

July 26th - After SEVEN to NINE different email/text updates, EAC in hand (w/"fingerprint not available")

July 27th - Applied for Social Security Number

August 2nd - SS Card in hand

August 7th - Applied for/took Learner's Permit Test, PASSED, Received Temporary Permit

September 12th - Driver's License Issued

May 15th - I-485 Transferred to Local Office

Filed: Other Timeline

thanks everyone :)

hey Loveme!!!

I got a question for you... I remember when your Vawa was approved your lawyer filed for Motion To termine removal proceedings before Immigration Judge...

correct me if Im wrong you told us she wrote a letter (MTR) to I.J right???!!

now my question is...

she wrote or filed a MTR only before the Judge or she filed a MTR to the judge and sent another copy to counselor/gvt attorney in file??!!

please ask your lawyer and let me know how she did it...

thanks in advance and God bless you.

03/17/11 Filed for I360vawa(sent via Usps Express)

03/18/11 Delivered

03/31/11 Receipt I360(Hardcopy received)

04/04/11 Prima Facie(Hardcopy received)

12/17/11 Prima Facie Extension No2(Hardcopy received)

01/17/12 RFE issued(Good faith marriage)

02/04/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

02/07/12 RFE received and signed by USCIS

02/08/12 Touched RFE under review

02/10/12 Touched

04/29/12 Prima Facie Extension No3(Hardcopy received)

06/13/12 Prima Facie Extension No4(Hardcopy received)

06/15/12 I360 VAWA APPROVAL (Hardcopy received)

03/07/12 Filed for I485 and I765(sent via Usps Express)

03/08/12 Delivered

03/23/12 Receipt I485(Hardcopy received)

03/23/12 Receipt I765(Hardcopy received)

04/02/12 ASC appointment(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE issued for I765(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

05/10/12 I765 Approval(Hardcopy received)

08/09/12 I485 was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

11/20/12 I485 Interview Letter(Hardcopy received)

12/11/12 I485 Interview at USCIS local Office

06/24/12 Filed for Motion to Reopen with BIA(sent via Usps Express)

11/07/12 Motion to Reopen and Remand Granted by BIA (Hardcopy received)

11/15/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with USICE/USDHS

11/21/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by USICE/USDHS

11/26/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with Immigration Court

11/30/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by Immigration Court

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys. does anyone knows what month are they working on now? I'm getting do anxious waiting. I feel like the whole world is on me!!!! if u got some updated info abt vsc proceesing Or about VAWA. pls pls post something!!!!!!! thanks!

hey Loveme!!!

I got a question for you... I remember when your Vawa was approved your lawyer filed for Motion To termine removal proceedings before Immigration Judge...

correct me if Im wrong you told us she wrote a letter (MTR) to I.J right???!!

now my question is...

she wrote or filed a MTR only before the Judge or she filed a MTR to the judge and sent another copy to counselor/gvt attorney in file??!!

please ask your lawyer and let me know how she did it...

thanks in advance and God bless you.

She filed the MTR with the judge n a copy was also sent to the govt's attorney. The Govt attorney did not dispute anything thus they RP was terminated.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone.April 2011 filers...have anyone received any approval yet.I filed in April 2011 & my attorney have inquired several times from the vawa unit & they say to wait a little, they will get to that soon.This wait a little thg is a very long wait.I feel i want to call that vawa hotline myself but then,i know only representatives or people w/o attorneys that can call.

Congrats to all those who have approvals,waiting for interview or already have their GC.

April 2009-Divorced

April 2011-Filed I-360,I-485,I-765(filed few days b/4 divorce was 2yrs which would have made me ineligible)

May 24,2011-RFE(For good faith marriage & Good moral character)

Aug 19,2011-I-485 touched(correspondence from USCIS were returned)

Aug 24,2011 & Aug 26,2011-Attorney called USCIS

Sept 12,2011-Another RFE for I-693 & passports sent

Sept 19,2011-RFE for I-693 & Passport received

Oct 18,2011-I-360 touched(status changed to "Response to RFE review)

Oct 21,2011-Prima facie sent

Nov 1,2011-Prima facie recieved(Still no EAD or Biometrics done)

Dec 1,2011-I-485 touched(still no EAD or Biometrics)

Dec 12,2011-1-485 touched(Interview notice sent-worried cause i don't have the vawa approval yet)

Dec 15,2011-called USCIS about my case

Dec 19,2011-Attorney called to cancel interview b/c we are still waiting for Vawa approval notice

Jan 5th,2012-New EAC #s issued for I-765 & I-485 by VSC(Both were sent back to VSC)

Jan 8th,2012-Attorney faxed in Request to expedite my case

Jan 19,2012(I-485 & I-765 touched)

Jan 25,2012(Biometrics letter mailed)

Jan 26,2012(Biometrics letter received by attorney)

Feb 1,2012(Biometrics letter in hand)

Feb 6,2012(EAD card mailed by USCIS)

Feb 8,2012(Biometrics done,I-485 & I-765 touched,EAD delivered by USPS)

Feb 10,2012(EAD in hand,I-765 touched)

Jul 2,2012(Attorney called cos my case was out of processing time)

July 3,2012(VSC called Attorney back/sent out RFE 4 GFmarriage same day)

Sept 28,2012(RFE received by VSC)

Oct 26,2012(I-360 approved,Oct 13th was actual approval date)

Nov 19 & Nov 21,2012(I-485 transferred to another office)

Did anyone send in a FBI fingerprint check with their VAWA packet/ EAD & AOS, and still had to wait on a biometrics appointment before the EAD was approved?

Please take a look at my timeline, I'm just trying to see how long it will be before an EAD.

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

February 28th - Received by USCIS

March 2nd - Notice Date

March 6th - Prima Facie [expires in September]

April 11th - VAWA Approved

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

Complete Package - Including I-693|Medical Exam & FBI Fingerprint/Background Check

June 11th - Received by USCIS

June 14th - Notice Date

June 28th - I-485 Biometrics Notice Date, Appointment: July 20th

July 13th - Early Walk-in Biometrics Done - Figured I'd Try My "Friday the 13th" Luck :)

July 19th - EAD Approved (Card Production & Approval/Post-Decision Activity Status Update Emails+Texts)

July 26th - After SEVEN to NINE different email/text updates, EAC in hand (w/"fingerprint not available")

July 27th - Applied for Social Security Number

August 2nd - SS Card in hand

August 7th - Applied for/took Learner's Permit Test, PASSED, Received Temporary Permit

September 12th - Driver's License Issued

May 15th - I-485 Transferred to Local Office

Hello everyone.April 2011 filers...have anyone received any approval yet.I filed in April 2011 & my attorney have inquired several times from the vawa unit & they say to wait a little, they will get to that soon.This wait a little thg is a very long wait.I feel i want to call that vawa hotline myself but then,i know only representatives or people w/o attorneys that can call.

Congrats to all those who have approvals,waiting for interview or already have their GC.

I filed in April 25, 2011 and still no approval or touch since last PF. Very depressed! :(

If you or your attorney contact VSC VAWA team they won't say anything. They will respond ONLY to the letter sign by applicant! NO PHONE CALL, NO EMAIL RESPOND!

I'm not attorney and this is not legal advice, this is just my personal opinion!

USCIS:

03/26/2008 Approved I-130
04/21/2011 Send I-360, I-765 and I-485 to Vermont Service Center
05/26/2011 Approved EAD
05/31/2011 Request for evidence for I-360
06/24/2011 Biometrics I-485
09/06/2011 Send responds for RFE of I-360
09/12/2011 Prima Facie approval for I-360
01/09/2012 Send E-mails to VSC asking what is going on with my case. (E-mail send to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov)
01/17/2012 Got responds from VSC email saying that they can't talk about my case over phone or e-mail.
02/26/2012 Approved extension of EAD
02/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (second one)
06/28/2012 Send letter to VSC to see what is going on with my case
08/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (third one)
09/18/2012 RFE
10/10/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (Fourth one)
10/31/2012 VSC received RFE respond
02/04/2013 Renewed Prima Facie (Sixte one)
04/17/2013 I-360 and I-485 got DENAID!

05/15/2013 Filed I-290B Notice of Appeal from denial of VAWA I-360 - APPEAL WAS DENIED

12/15/2014 Filed for second time I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131

12/30/2014 RFE for Good Moral Character received

01/08/2015 FBI clairance and respond to RFE sent to VSC

02/12/2015 RFE I-131 asking if I was or I'm in removal proceedings

03/03/2015 Respond for I-131 RFE sent to VSC

04/02/2015 RFE for Bona Fide Marriage, proof of shared residents and request for more evidence regarding Abuse received

04/20/2015 I-765 and I-131 APPROVED.

06/25/2015 Respond to I-360 RFE sent to VSC

07/14/2015 I-360 application APPROVED!!!

ICE

04/29/2011 Went for appointment with ICE officer and got processed
06/01/2011 Turn my passport in and started to report to BI twice a month in BI office, ones a month via phone and once a month they come to my home
01/05/2012 Still don't have court date!
02/02/2012 Terminated removal proceedings.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.