3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

Llydgc+go+to+your+lawyer+office+and+ask+him+the+original+prima+facie+determination+and+he+can+keep+the+copy+in+your+file.+STOP+emailing+Uscis+regardin+the+receipts!+You+need+just+the+prima+facie+determination+the+receipt+is+not+a+big+deal.+USCIS+takes+30+to+45+days+to+set+up+your+biometric.+YOU+can+call+Uscis+and+ask+to+speak+with+a+Tier+2,+do+not+call+them+more+than+once+and+ask+him+to+open+a+request+for+you+and+wait!++Your+lawyer+still+have+time+to+send+your+I-485+the+problem+is+that+Uscis+is+messy+and+no+guarantees+they+will+put+your+I-485+together+with+the+I-360+BUT+your+lawyer+can+try+or+set+up+an+appt+with+infopass+and+figure+it+out+with+them+how+you+can+file+the+I-485+at+this+point.+Stop+sending+letters+or+emails+to+Uscis.I+read+you+emailed+them+11+times.+FORGET+ABOUT+THE+RECEIPT.+You+won't+have+the+Ead+approved+now+because+you+don't+have+a+I-485+pending+and+you+will+need+to+have+the+I-360+approved+to+get+the+Ead+in+your+case.I+don't+even+know+why+your+lawyer+filed+the+I-765.

i think you made a mistake reading me. i contacted the uscis once by phone and once by mail. but they didn't write me back. but i understood and appreciate your advice. my main concern is that i'm not receiving the mails from uscis that are addressed to me. and my lawyer doesn't care about it.

Filed: Timeline

I filed for a renewal of my EAD early May and I just got a receipt last Friday. On the receipt it states that USCIS received my application for EAD on May 31st. I guess my rep didn’t send the application during the first week of may when we filled it out. This is so frustrating because I expressed to her how urgently I needed the EAD and she waited till ending of May to send it. Anyway I filed this EAD based on a pending I-485 that I filed when my husband and I were together. I asked for a fee waiver and they granted it. Has anyone ever gotten an EAD approved based on a pending I-485 filed through marriage? Do I have to do another biometrics for this EAD?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey guys. when they said status is on initial review do they send someone out like FBI and check on you? how do they do usually check on you? I'm so paranoid abt all of these. maybe I'm just really anxious or something. the waiting has made me feel I'm being watched!!! whaaa!

hey guys. when they said status is on initial review do they send someone out like FBI and check on you? how do they do usually check on you? I'm so paranoid abt all of these. maybe I'm just really anxious or something. the waiting has made me feel I'm being watched!!! whaaa!

No, they do not "send anyone out to check on you"....initial review simply means they have received your application/petition, and have looked it over to make sure everything required is there...then the waiting begins. Don't pay too much attention to that status though (yes, I know it's hard) because I've seen people on here receive their documents/approvals and their online status still stayed in "initial review". Just keep the faith and relax, don't be paranoid. One thing a social worker said to me once when I was feeling like you are now...."if the government needed to find you, they know EXACTLY where to go" think about it. I wish you all the best!

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

February 28th - Received by USCIS

March 2nd - Notice Date

March 6th - Prima Facie [expires in September]

April 11th - VAWA Approved

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

Complete Package - Including I-693|Medical Exam & FBI Fingerprint/Background Check

June 11th - Received by USCIS

June 14th - Notice Date

June 28th - I-485 Biometrics Notice Date, Appointment: July 20th

July 13th - Early Walk-in Biometrics Done - Figured I'd Try My "Friday the 13th" Luck :)

July 19th - EAD Approved (Card Production & Approval/Post-Decision Activity Status Update Emails+Texts)

July 26th - After SEVEN to NINE different email/text updates, EAC in hand (w/"fingerprint not available")

July 27th - Applied for Social Security Number

August 2nd - SS Card in hand

August 7th - Applied for/took Learner's Permit Test, PASSED, Received Temporary Permit

September 12th - Driver's License Issued

May 15th - I-485 Transferred to Local Office

StillAlive!!!

Congratulationssssss!!!!

I'm soo happy and relieved for you!!!

And look just the other day I was asking you about filing ead and AOS a year after VAWA, etc...

Good things come to those who wait...in faith.

Congrats again!

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

March 2nd - Notice Date

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

Complete Package - Including I-693|Medical Exam & FBI Fingerprint/Background Check

June 14th - Notice Date

July 13th - Early Walk-in Biometrics Done - Figured I'd Try My "Friday the 13th" Luck :)

July 19th - EAD Approved (Card Production & Approval/Post-Decision Activity Status Update Emails+Texts)

July 26th - After SEVEN to NINE different email/text updates, EAC in hand (w/"fingerprint not available")

August 7th - Applied for/took Learner's Permit Test, PASSED, Received Temporary Permit

Hey guys, Can i take a plane and visit anther state while my i485 & EAD are still pending?

You can never be too sure about these things...

But I used to fly a lot to diff states, even before I had anything pending too. As long as you don't leave the country you should be good...and maybe stay away from Hawaii too, to be safe.

Hope that helped.

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

March 2nd - Notice Date

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

June 14th - Notice Date

Did anyone else realize that uscis updated the processing times for i360 but the one for vawa was entirely REMOVED isn't that just WEIRD. Hopefully when they do put it back in there is a drastic change to the timeline

Yes, it is WEIRD, to say the least.

Let's hope it has something to do with that newsletter saying that they will finish 50 percent of their case load in June and July... Maybe there will be a drastic change when they put it back! *fingers crossed*

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

March 2nd - Notice Date

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

June 14th - Notice Date

Is there anyone on here who has filed a VAWA, but never had an EAD, and fits into the President's new Dream policy to apply for one?

I'm curious to know how that will work if you already have a VAWA pending...

For ex. you are/were not married to a USC, and can't file under c(9)... Or you want to wait until VAWA is adjudicated before filing AOS, but need to work in the meantime, etc.

Basically, can VAWA and DREAM policy go together?

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

March 2nd - Notice Date

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

June 14th - Notice Date

Hello everyone,

I need some input from VAWA applicants who applied for cash assistance and medicaid and whether their application was approved or not. I am in great need for financial support, I got a prima facie from VAWA but my social services denied my application for cash assistance here in Massachusetts (because I don't have any children and am not disabled). Please let me know what states approve that kind of help and about your experiences.

Thank you.

Hey Alma,

First off, sorry you're having to go through this, just remember..."this too shall pass"

It's a struggle, and most organization employees aren't that aware of what VAWA is, let alone a Prima Facie and what you're entitled to with one, but if you stand your ground, let them know you know your rights, it will all work out.

I found this below for Massachusetts...

http://www.massresources.org/

And here's another good one...

http://www.legalmomentum.org/assets/pdfs/publicbenefitbatteredwomen.pdf

You can call the above organization directly for more info, they helped to get the original VAWA passed back in '94!

Tip: you're probably going to get the run around a little from the organizations in your state due to ignorance about VAWA prima facie, so make sure you ask for names of who you're talking to, and go in person if possible with printouts of facts (what you're eligible to receive with VAWA PF, and other necessary docs.

Good luck! Let me know if that helps...

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

March 2nd - Notice Date

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

June 14th - Notice Date

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Yes, it is WEIRD, to say the least.

Let's hope it has something to do with that newsletter saying that they will finish 50 percent of their case load in June and July... Maybe there will be a drastic change when they put it back! *fingers crossed*

That's exactly wat am thinking lets hope

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks Loveme,brother, I wish you all the best and enjoy your new life in Florida, I miss Seattle where I lived for 5 yrs and never visited from the past 17 months. Hope everyone get their greencard, no more tears and worries, live a happy life with the one who loved. In Jesus name, Amen!

Bible said No worries:

1: Worrying Accomplishes Absolutely Nothing. Matthew 6:27-29

2: Worrying is Not Good for You. Proverbs 12:25

3: Worrying is the Opposite of Trusting God. Matthew 6:30 / Philippians 4:6-7

4: Worrying Puts Your Focus in the Wrong Direction. Matthew 6:25 / Matthew 6:31-33

Peter 5:7

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, they do not "send anyone out to check on you"....initial review simply means they have received your application/petition, and have looked it over to make sure everything required is there...then the waiting begins. Don't pay too much attention to that status though (yes, I know it's hard) because I've seen people on here receive their documents/approvals and their online status still stayed in "initial review". Just keep the faith and relax, don't be paranoid. One thing a social worker said to me once when I was feeling like you are now...."if the government needed to find you, they know EXACTLY where to go" think about it. I wish you all the best!

thank you for all your support and prayers. I'm just paranoid coz I'm in removal proceedings too becoz of over staying and they're telling me I have marriage fraud just becoz they didn't see her on our apartment. it was actually during those times when she was cheating on me and only to find out she's pregnant from another man! i withdraw her petition for my green card already but they still had me under removal proceedings becoz of that. I will try my very best to be positive and not be paranoid. thanks for everything guys!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.