3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations Ssisi10!

Thank you Sandraj for all your dedicated helps to everyone in the forum!

I am a newbie, but I have followed this forum for a while and I am incrediblely amazed of all of you who are great role model for newbie like me.

You all are role models for newbies like me by giving tools we need-patience, faith, determined, helpful and much more to describe.

Thank you all again!

Congratulations to everyone who got approved, or waited for the interview!

Hello and Thank you to all for sharing your story. I'm New in this Forum, and I'm coming with my broken heart. I went through a lot, but I put everything in the hand of God. Well, My vawa was approved in January 2012 and I still did not get an interview date. I have an attorney working on my case , but it seems like se took advantage of me being calm and depressed. I've been suffering from PTSD due to the abuse from my husband, which has made me afraid to talk to people. This is my problem. My lawyer did not took care of my application since she received all her money. I didn't know I could have free service and did found out by my psychologist just after I had borrow money to pay the lawyer. I thought it wasn't a big deal, since I knew nothing about Vawa and needed someone to guide me. MY lawyer didn't even know I was approved and I was the one to check my satus online after reading forums and to find out, and to inform her. Right now when I call her office, nobody pick up and I get the voicemail. My work permit got expire and I did struggle myself to renew it since beginning May. I got the receipt for that today. The bad thing is that I don't know what's going on with my I-485 ( which was file initially with my abuser ) and was link to my I-360.

I called USCIS myself and couldn't obtain any status. I went to info pass and wrote a letter to them. seems like my file is already at the local office, but my attorney never inform me about anything she received. so, this morning, she contacted me to inform me that I was schedule for a biometric tomorrow. I don't have the original notice ,and she's telling me she will scan it to me. I told her I need the original and she told me a lot of things have change at Immigration and that they don't ask for the original notice at the bio metric anymore. that a copy is fine. well, it looks like she's not even in state. she has my original approval too. I don't know what to do. can I go to the biometric with only a copy of waht she will scan? I'm even scare I will MISS my interview notice if they send it to her. What about my I-360 approval original? I need help please. I can't handle all this abuses. Thank you for reading me. I cry everyday.

Hi brokenheart. I got approved January 11th and still waiting on my interview. So we just got to be patient.

My attorney is went to an info pass appointment for me and the i360 was still in Vermont. So looks like there are some big delays. =\

Hi everybody I though this day would never come by Thank GOD My case is APPROVED today ... Thanks to all for your support ..ssisi

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

Filed 03/25/11 no prima facie, one touch , one RFE good moral Caracter .. On may 18/12 they received and today 06/07/12., check my status online it said post decision my case was APPROVED they mail me the approval ... I am more than happy .. Ssisi

congratulations dear!!!

i'm so happy for you,.. it was about time i hear some good news,.... keep us posted

Filed 03/25/11 no prima facie, one touch , one RFE good moral Caracter .. On may 18/12 they received and today 06/07/12., check my status online it said post decision my case was APPROVED they mail me the approval ... I am more than happy .. Ssisi

Contests!! You must be on cloud 9 and well deserved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys,

What do you mean by "touched" how do I know if my application was "touched"? Congratulations Ssisi10! It was a long wait for you but I'm sure it's all worth it!

Hey guys,

What do you mean by "touched" how do I know if my application was "touched"? Congratulations Ssisi10! It was a long wait for you but I'm sure it's all worth it!

You can create an account on USCIS website. When your documents are moved or accessed the website will let you know. You can sign up for email updates as well. Cones really in handy.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hey guys,

I believe you first sign up at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Then add your case to your portfolio, the "last updated" means "touch."

Warning: this is not always accurate about being touched.

I hope this helps.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Maryhoney if you want to travel abroad , I don't recommend this,you can also file a form I-131 Request for Advace Parole , but keep in mind if you stayed out of status more than 180 days in the USA DO NOT TRAVEL,not even with advance parole!!!!

I saw several people that travelled with advance parole ,with I-485 pending, and they couldn't reenter. I saw just a few that reentered, but it's RISKY since the Immigration Law states ban (3 and 10 years) to enter in the United States who is illegal or out of status more than 180 days.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.