3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Bossy do not panic,lol. Write down here exactly what is stating in your RFE in order for me to help you out if you got the RFE already. Most of the time the evidence they are requesting is to send proof of a bonafide marriage or just requesting such as missing or incomplete documents in your application.

They can just ask request new evidence not available at the time the Form I-360 was approved by the VSC.

If they require to proof bonafide marriage then get some NOTARIZED affidavits from friends and family stating you had a genuine marriage, and proof of the bonafide marriage as well, such as utilities bill in name of both, transcript from IRS, lease in name of both,joint bank account.

Filed: Timeline

Hello Every1,How are thgs going?I c the slow pace @ VSC is affecting every1.I still have not received any response yet even after a request for expedite & all the mess associated with my case but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.Been busy with school & work.My attorney said VSC said to wait a little & they will get back to me soon-that was last month.I'll wait it out this month b4 i inquire again.I filed april 2011 & they sent me another primafacie for 5months.

@GABRIELVAWA...the annulment will not affect your vawa case,even if u guys just dated...u still qualify so long as the abuse took place while u were with this person.

@BOSSY...u don't need to be scared.Most request for initial evidence associated with I-485 are mostly affidavit of support(this ia waived for vawa applicants), passport photographs or medical(I-693).I did not submit passport or medical so those were requested from me. After they received them i was scheduled for interview about a month later which was later cancelled cos of the pending vawa...my case has been complicated due to mistakes by VSC.So if your vawa has been approved,wait to get the mail requesting 4 the evidence,until that has been received by the office requesting it,ur interview will not be scheduled.

Congratulations to all those who have received an approval or waiting for an interview.Loveme,hopeful2011,giveusfree,Ssisi10,Dee,Inpeace,Memes etc,how r u guys doing?

Goodluck every1 & know that even in the midst of the storm,God will carry us thru.

Hi liveurlife, was wondering where you were. Good to know you are doing great. Can you say what date exactly in April you filed?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie and I have been following this forum for a month now. It has been very informative and gives me hope and It's helpful to know that I am not alone. Although my case a tad bit different from a lot of you. Aside from the abuse, I also found out my "husband" is still married to his "current wife" so I am also a victim of bigamy. Right now I'm just happy that I got out of there alive. I also filed for a restraining order against him. And currently in counselling. My lawyer filed for my I-360 last May 2nd and we got a prima facie already althouh i really do not know how and where to use it. I live in NY. Recently I got an EAD too which my lawyer filed around the last week of March. But my AOS and I-130 was denied due to the fact that my marriage with my "husband" is null and void. My lawyer filed another AOS based on my I-360 this time. I pray everything turns out well. I am delighted to know that a lot of people here have been approved. Sometimes I still don't believe this happened to me. I thought these things only happen in the movies. I'm just thankful that I have a great support system. Prayers really do work wonders.

Thank you for reading and I will include everybody in my prayers!

Love and light!

Hi everyone...

OMG I really did not think I was gonna wait this long for an approval...it has been more than one year now and no RFE no nothing...

I sent the letter to vermont and got no response...any ideas??? Also I have my EAD and travelo document because i filed with I485.

My boss is wanting me to go to Germany with him for a week..for a very important business trip...is it risky if I go even with travel document?

Please help! Thanks guys...im praying for all of us...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I filed in Oct 2010 and was approved in Dec 2011 and by Feb 2012 it was all over . I Almost died when I didn't get prima facie . But I did a lot of searching and realized that doesnt mean you won't get approved . Good luck all and yeah 14 months b4 approval.

Dee07 u never received a prima facie? Funny after 14 moths never got it either.. Dee07 how long you filed how was ur journey .. Thanks for sharing

I never got a prima facie either... I dont know how they select people to get one. But not getting one doesn't mean anything you will still get approval.

Filed: Timeline

Hello Every1,How are thgs going?I c the slow pace @ VSC is affecting every1.I still have not received any response yet even after a request for expedite & all the mess associated with my case but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.Been busy with school & work.My attorney said VSC said to wait a little & they will get back to me soon-that was last month.I'll wait it out this month b4 i inquire again.I filed april 2011 & they sent me another primafacie for 5months.

@GABRIELVAWA...the annulment will not affect your vawa case,even if u guys just dated...u still qualify so long as the abuse took place while u were with this person.

@BOSSY...u don't need to be scared.Most request for initial evidence associated with I-485 are mostly affidavit of support(this ia waived for vawa applicants), passport photographs or medical(I-693).I did not submit passport or medical so those were requested from me. After they received them i was scheduled for interview about a month later which was later cancelled cos of the pending vawa...my case has been complicated due to mistakes by VSC.So if your vawa has been approved,wait to get the mail requesting 4 the evidence,until that has been received by the office requesting it,ur interview will not be scheduled.

Congratulations to all those who have received an approval or waiting for an interview.Loveme,hopeful2011,giveusfree,Ssisi10,Dee,Inpeace,Memes etc,how r u guys doing?

Goodluck every1 & know that even in the midst of the storm,God will carry us thru.

i am okay my friend, just waiting for this process to be over n done with !! Things have been moving really slow around here for sure. ugh!!

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi everybody I though this day would never come by Thank GOD My case is APPROVED today ... Thanks to all for your support ..ssisi

Oh great congratulations...so happy for u.when did u apply. Go celebrate you deserve it

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Filed 03/25/11 no prima facie, one touch , one RFE good moral Caracter .. On may 18/12 they received and today 06/07/12., check my status online it said post decision my case was APPROVED they mail me the approval ... I am more than happy .. Ssisi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.