3,588 posts in this topic

Bossy,

Don't worry. Wait till you get the mail with the exact evidence they are referring to. I'm sure it will be something easy to get to.....good luck! And let us know when you hear back from them. I haven't received anything since the email I got last week...

hopeful i just received an email stating that they are requesting and initial evidence for my i 485 that any one tell me what evidence the will likely to demand for am soooooooooooooooooooo worried

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Filed: Timeline

Hello and Thank you to all for sharing your story. I'm New in this Forum, and I'm coming with my broken heart. I went through a lot, but I put everything in the hand of God. Well, My vawa was approved in January 2012 and I still did not get an interview date. I have an attorney working on my case , but it seems like se took advantage of me being calm and depressed. I've been suffering from PTSD due to the abuse from my husband, which has made me afraid to talk to people. This is my problem. My lawyer did not took care of my application since she received all her money. I didn't know I could have free service and did found out by my psychologist just after I had borrow money to pay the lawyer. I thought it wasn't a big deal, since I knew nothing about Vawa and needed someone to guide me. MY lawyer didn't even know I was approved and I was the one to check my satus online after reading forums and to find out, and to inform her. Right now when I call her office, nobody pick up and I get the voicemail. My work permit got expire and I did struggle myself to renew it since beginning May. I got the receipt for that today. The bad thing is that I don't know what's going on with my I-485 ( which was file initially with my abuser ) and was link to my I-360.

I called USCIS myself and couldn't obtain any status. I went to info pass and wrote a letter to them. seems like my file is already at the local office, but my attorney never inform me about anything she received. so, this morning, she contacted me to inform me that I was schedule for a biometric tomorrow. I don't have the original notice ,and she's telling me she will scan it to me. I told her I need the original and she told me a lot of things have change at Immigration and that they don't ask for the original notice at the bio metric anymore. that a copy is fine. well, it looks like she's not even in state. she has my original approval too. I don't know what to do. can I go to the biometric with only a copy of waht she will scan? I'm even scare I will MISS my interview notice if they send it to her. What about my I-360 approval original? I need help please. I can't handle all this abuses. Thank you for reading me. I cry everyday.

First and foremost,Congrats on your approval BrokenHeart2!It is a shame lawyers behave like that.What happened to having a conscience?I am not sure about what to do concerning the biometrics appointment as I am still waiting for my approval.I hope some well-knowledged forum member could help you with your questions.Welcome on board!! Quick question,what date(month and year) did you apply for VAWA and what day did you get the approval?Bless you!

Hello and Thank you to all for sharing your story. I'm New in this Forum, and I'm coming with my broken heart. I went through a lot, but I put everything in the hand of God. Well, My vawa was approved in January 2012 and I still did not get an interview date. I have an attorney working on my case , but it seems like se took advantage of me being calm and depressed. I've been suffering from PTSD due to the abuse from my husband, which has made me afraid to talk to people. This is my problem. My lawyer did not took care of my application since she received all her money. I didn't know I could have free service and did found out by my psychologist just after I had borrow money to pay the lawyer. I thought it wasn't a big deal, since I knew nothing about Vawa and needed someone to guide me. MY lawyer didn't even know I was approved and I was the one to check my satus online after reading forums and to find out, and to inform her. Right now when I call her office, nobody pick up and I get the voicemail. My work permit got expire and I did struggle myself to renew it since beginning May. I got the receipt for that today. The bad thing is that I don't know what's going on with my I-485 ( which was file initially with my abuser ) and was link to my I-360.

I called USCIS myself and couldn't obtain any status. I went to info pass and wrote a letter to them. seems like my file is already at the local office, but my attorney never inform me about anything she received. so, this morning, she contacted me to inform me that I was schedule for a biometric tomorrow. I don't have the original notice ,and she's telling me she will scan it to me. I told her I need the original and she told me a lot of things have change at Immigration and that they don't ask for the original notice at the bio metric anymore. that a copy is fine. well, it looks like she's not even in state. she has my original approval too. I don't know what to do. can I go to the biometric with only a copy of waht she will scan? I'm even scare I will MISS my interview notice if they send it to her. What about my I-360 approval original? I need help please. I can't handle all this abuses. Thank you for reading me. I cry everyday.

That's one awful Lawyer, i sympathize with you .. keep the faith and keep pressuring her to give you your originals, trying going to her office and speaking to her or anyone there directly. She does not have the right to hold on to your papers/approval. I got my original approval from my Lawyer, she made a copy for herself and gave me the original. I'm so sorry to hear all that's going on with you. Hopefully you will get your EAD renewal soon and can start working again which i am sure will releave some of the stress you are in. In any event you need to go to your biometrics , so since it is tomorrow and there isn't much you can do now i will advice you to still go, it anything they can reschedule you if they say you need to present your originals. Good Luck , I will pray for you

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

We all know wat you are ggoing through. God brought you this far for a reason he knows wats best don't give up thats just like making your abuser feel rewarded. We here are fighters so don't ever give up on something that will add to ur many achievements in life. I don't know if you can go with a copy sounds strange for anything that is for the use of government at all times they ask you to walk with the originals and they would make the copies if needed but rules can change but as far as I know they always ask u to walk with originals. Good luck if this lawyer knows for a fact you need originals and is telling you to go with a copy she is as malicious as they come and that angers me so I can only imagine you. Who does that to someone? Try calling uscis to find out if it's tomorrow you need to start getting answers ASAP. Let us know wat happens we are all here to help each other no matter wat the situation is.

Trust in God

Lordhelpme

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Brokenheart2+some+Uscis+offices+accept+the+copy.I+saw+some+cases+like+that.+The+main+problem+here+is+that+your+lawyer+is+not+giving+you+answers+or+updating+you+with+the+news.Get+nasty,+she+is+representing+you+and+tell+her+to+be+professional+otherwise+she+will+suffer+legal+consequences+as+well.+You+all+must+demand+professionalism+from+your+lawyers+if+they+are+pro+bono+or+not.+DO+not+allow+her+to+treat+with+lack+of+respect+or+ignoring+your+questions.

Edited by sandranj

Thank you for your answers. I think the problem with her is that she doesn't really know anything about vawa. Something sounds wrong because she's avoiding me. She was part of a law firm and I suspect she's no more there. Why doesn't she try to be honest with me? The first time I suspected her was when she didn't know what a primary facie was. For my timeline, I applied on june 2011 and was approved on January 2012. She scanned me the notice today. It was send since last month. That hurt. I'm sure she's no more in that office and she got it scanned herself. I'm very disappointed. Please God, help me. Thank you Sandra.I will go with the scanned copy and let you posted. Please, pray for me.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Brokenheart how was there today?. I advise you to go to your lawyer office and ask her part of your money back and fire her. She wont keep you informed and from now you can follow your case without her help.If you have any doubts about your Aos just post here or email me . RESPECT is a natural thing but when people treat us bad we must step up and demand respect. DO not allow people to get away with your money and not doing their job. Many things happen in our life beyond our control, but others are in our hands and we have to enforce them when people try to screw up..Do not allow anyone to treat you less than you deserve and you deserve respect and consideration.Speak out always my dear. We are here if you need some help.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

This wait for an approval is draining me. 10 months and counting. No RFE which I don't want any, just 2 prima facies last one will expire in August. Hope fully will her something soon. uscis need to speed this process up.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

sandranj can you pls tell me what initial evidence consist of am scared i received an email that they are requesting for initial evidence for my approved vawa i 485 i file all my file concurrently

gaberial it wont affect your case

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Every1,How are thgs going?I c the slow pace @ VSC is affecting every1.I still have not received any response yet even after a request for expedite & all the mess associated with my case but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.Been busy with school & work.My attorney said VSC said to wait a little & they will get back to me soon-that was last month.I'll wait it out this month b4 i inquire again.I filed april 2011 & they sent me another primafacie for 5months.

@GABRIELVAWA...the annulment will not affect your vawa case,even if u guys just dated...u still qualify so long as the abuse took place while u were with this person.

@BOSSY...u don't need to be scared.Most request for initial evidence associated with I-485 are mostly affidavit of support(this ia waived for vawa applicants), passport photographs or medical(I-693).I did not submit passport or medical so those were requested from me. After they received them i was scheduled for interview about a month later which was later cancelled cos of the pending vawa...my case has been complicated due to mistakes by VSC.So if your vawa has been approved,wait to get the mail requesting 4 the evidence,until that has been received by the office requesting it,ur interview will not be scheduled.

Congratulations to all those who have received an approval or waiting for an interview.Loveme,hopeful2011,giveusfree,Ssisi10,Dee,Inpeace,Memes etc,how r u guys doing?

Goodluck every1 & know that even in the midst of the storm,God will carry us thru.

April 2009-Divorced

April 2011-Filed I-360,I-485,I-765(filed few days b/4 divorce was 2yrs which would have made me ineligible)

May 24,2011-RFE(For good faith marriage & Good moral character)

Aug 19,2011-I-485 touched(correspondence from USCIS were returned)

Aug 24,2011 & Aug 26,2011-Attorney called USCIS

Sept 12,2011-Another RFE for I-693 & passports sent

Sept 19,2011-RFE for I-693 & Passport received

Oct 18,2011-I-360 touched(status changed to "Response to RFE review)

Oct 21,2011-Prima facie sent

Nov 1,2011-Prima facie recieved(Still no EAD or Biometrics done)

Dec 1,2011-I-485 touched(still no EAD or Biometrics)

Dec 12,2011-1-485 touched(Interview notice sent-worried cause i don't have the vawa approval yet)

Dec 15,2011-called USCIS about my case

Dec 19,2011-Attorney called to cancel interview b/c we are still waiting for Vawa approval notice

Jan 5th,2012-New EAC #s issued for I-765 & I-485 by VSC(Both were sent back to VSC)

Jan 8th,2012-Attorney faxed in Request to expedite my case

Jan 19,2012(I-485 & I-765 touched)

Jan 25,2012(Biometrics letter mailed)

Jan 26,2012(Biometrics letter received by attorney)

Feb 1,2012(Biometrics letter in hand)

Feb 6,2012(EAD card mailed by USCIS)

Feb 8,2012(Biometrics done,I-485 & I-765 touched,EAD delivered by USPS)

Feb 10,2012(EAD in hand,I-765 touched)

Jul 2,2012(Attorney called cos my case was out of processing time)

July 3,2012(VSC called Attorney back/sent out RFE 4 GFmarriage same day)

Sept 28,2012(RFE received by VSC)

Oct 26,2012(I-360 approved,Oct 13th was actual approval date)

Nov 19 & Nov 21,2012(I-485 transferred to another office)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.