3,588 posts in this topic

Hi maryhoney87, read my post. I explained it a couple of months ago on this site.

1. Apply for FAFSA online, REMEMBER, pick the option of eligible non-citizen,

2. take your prima facie to your financial aid officer. Most people have not heard of prima facie for battered immigrants, so I'ld advice you take along with you the 'dear collegue letter.' you can print it out straight for the internet.

3. Insist to them that you qualify. GOODLUCK!

I am currently in school and i get financial aid.

Hi Myjay, I want to apply for financial aid to go to school too. What state are you in? Do private institutes like Kaplan give financial aid through vawa as well?

Got Approved Oct 2011, the last update about my AOS was on April 27, 2012:

"The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you."

What does this mean?

Has it been sent to my local office or another service center?

And...

Does an applicant with and an approved VAWA petition and a pending AOS have to wait on a visa number?

Filed: Timeline

When did u file AOS ??? I believe if you are married to a GC holder then u have to wait for a visa number to be available and you are put into deferred action or something like that, but if your married to a citizen you dont have to wait. I believe you'll get a response from them soon. Did you file i360 & i485 & ead all together and if yes when did u file?

"The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you."

What does this mean?

And...

Does an applicant with and an approved VAWA petition and a pending AOS have to wait on a visa number?

Filed: Timeline

What does this mean?

And...

When did you file _A_alia?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

GHR1 you can ask the person to email me.I own a non profit organization for victims of domestic violence, ask her to email me and I will see if I can help her out ok.My email is sandrinhacv@hotmail.com

Edited by sandranj

When did u file AOS ??? I believe if you are married to a GC holder then u have to wait for a visa number to be available and you are put into deferred action or something like that, but if your married to a citizen you dont have to wait. I believe you'll get a response from them soon. Did you file i360 & i485 & ead all together and if yes when did u file?

Filed the AOS and i485 Dec 2012. (I got the work permit, and I have done the biometrics)

I filed the AOS and i485 after getting the i360 approved)

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

_A_lia, your I-485 was transferred to the local office. Applicants with approved Vawa do not need to wait for a visa number becomes available considering that your husband or ex husband is a US Citizen.Find out the average time for I-485 decision checking your local office timeline (www.uscis.gov)

Edited by sandranj

_A_lia, your I-485 was transferred to the local office. Applicants with approved Vawa do not need to wait for a visa number becomes available considering that your husband or ex husband is a US Citizen.Find out the average time for I-485 decision checking your local office timeline (www.uscis.gov)

Thanks for replying :yes: I'll check and find out.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

I have a question I am on my second prima facie will expire in August and August will also be a yr since I applied for vawa.. Wat is the most number of prima facies have anyone recieved.

Lordhelpme.

This wait for an approval is killing me

Hi guys!!!! I am anxiously awaiting my interview on Wednesday. I am a liitle nervous but very hopeful nevertheless. I have been reading all the comments from regular and new posters here and I know that some of you are very frustrated. I know that everybody's situation is different but please keep up with your prayers especially.I got approved on December 27th (didn't get the approval letter until Jan 9th though). I was also very anxious about getting my interview letter, but I kept myself busy that I almost forgot about it lol. It eventually came on April 14th with a May 30th date. I understand that the waiting is very hard ( we have all been there )but your day will come!!! I have all of you guys in my prayers. BLESS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.