3,588 posts in this topic

Enjoying life hon and counting the months till vacation ....shopping and all it feels different I must tell you.

I'm happy for you dear. I hope I get my interview information and can end this journey soon as well.

I pray that all who are waiting get their approvals soon!

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Hi Everyone,

I have read this blog many times before but finally got the guts to post something. For all those waiting for VAWA interview my attorney said its taking 4~6 months for the cases to get transferred from Va. VAWA unit to local offices and get interview. (before was 1~3 months.) I know perfectly well how much this means to everyone and the need for closure.

For those waiting for approval my attorney said my case was strong and still got an RFE after 5 months and then approval 5 months after sending RFE response (total 11 months). I think they just use the RFE to buy some time and lower case load.

Finally for all males thinking of applying for VAWA dont be afraid. I didn't decide to evoke it until after my family had been hurt, most of our money gone, and healthy went down the drain. It doesn't matter it says "against woman" or we seem as a dependent if it give us freedom and liberty.

God Bless All,

Memes

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks Stillalive! I will send the mail in tomorrow and hope for the best. How are you hanging in? I understand how difficult it is when you have no work permit. hope you get your soon. Goodluck.

sorry to hear that..to add your timeline its 1-settings 2-profile 3-change signature...that is all.

for the rest thats what you need to do.

its simple Send a letter to renew prima facie and inquire about your vawa status.

you can do it by yourself you dont need a lawyer or assistance for that.

this is a sample from stillalive

Your Full Name

Your address

Your case number

Your alien number

to

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center (ATTN: i360vawa)

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

date

Dear Sir or Madam:

I filed a VAWA Self-Petition (I-360), which was received on xx/xx/xxxx and granted Prima Facie on xx/xx/xxxx. More than 17 months has elapsed and no determination has been made on this case. I am hereby requesting a Prima facie extension.

Thank you for your consideration

Sincerely,

Make sure you send it with a copy of your old Primae Facie

and mail option :certified return receipt or Usps express

mailing address

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center (ATTN: I360vawa)

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone , i guess my Lawyer is as frustrated as i am .. lol ... she went ahead and contacted VSC about why my case is taking long without me having to prompt her to do so . lol .. so this will make our second time asking about it. the last time they said my case was with an officer n we should give it 2weeks ... that was last month , so lets see what they will say this time .... all the best to all of us waiting ...

Hey everyone , i guess my Lawyer is as frustrated as i am .. lol ... she went ahead and contacted VSC about why my case is taking long without me having to prompt her to do so . lol .. so this will make our second time asking about it. the last time they said my case was with an officer n we should give it 2weeks ... that was last month , so lets see what they will say this time .... all the best to all of us waiting ...

Hi loveme,

I'm glad your lawyer is staying on top of this. Keep us posted as to what she finds out....and good luck for your case!

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

My lawyer just send me all the notices - all the paperwork goes to him instead of me...i dont know why...???!!

Anyhow, my case was transferred to NBC - Lee's Summit MO on Feb 23rd....and they were supposed to notify me when they schedule an interview....it's been almost a month since they issued this notice...but i haven't heard anything. should i ask my lawyer to follow up? or should i just wait for now?

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

My lawyer just send me all the notices - all the paperwork goes to him instead of me...i dont know why...???!!

Anyhow, my case was transferred to NBC - Lee's Summit MO on Feb 23rd....and they were supposed to notify me when they schedule an interview....it's been almost a month since they issued this notice...but i haven't heard anything. should i ask my lawyer to follow up? or should i just wait for now?

Hi hopeful in early March USCIS changed the way notices were sent because there was too many delays.

http://www.ilw.com/immigrationdaily/news/2012,0306-i797.shtm

As far as interview notices my attorney said USCIS has been backed up with budget cut backs and decreased amounts of visas to be issued this year. The best we can do is just wait for our number to be called =\

To clarify I'd you were married to USC you don't need to wait for Visa. Only if marries to LPR.

Edited by Memes

Filed: Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE !!!!!!!

MY LAWYER GOT A RESPONSE FROM VSC ,,,,, THEY SAY MY CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED AS OF TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST NEED TO WAIT FOR THE APPROVAL LETTER WHICH THEY SAY CAN TAKE UP TO TWO WEEKS. THEIR WEBSITE IS STILL SAYING RFE REVIEW BUT SHE SAY THE OFFICER CALLED HER BACK AND SAY IT WAS APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OMG , I THANK YOU LORD, I THANK YOU

EVERYONE THATS WAITING YOUR APPROVALS ARE COMING, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK THEM WHATS GOING ON WITH YOUR CASE ESPECIALLY IF YOUR CASE HAS GONE OVER A YEAR.

GOD IS GOOOD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE !!!!!!!

MY LAWYER GOT A RESPONSE FROM VSC ,,,,, THEY SAY MY CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED AS OF TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST NEED TO WAIT FOR THE APPROVAL LETTER WHICH THEY SAY CAN TAKE UP TO TWO WEEKS. THEIR WEBSITE IS STILL SAYING RFE REVIEW BUT SHE SAY THE OFFICER CALLED HER BACK AND SAY IT WAS APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OMG , I THANK YOU LORD, I THANK YOU

EVERYONE THATS WAITING YOUR APPROVALS ARE COMING, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK THEM WHATS GOING ON WITH YOUR CASE ESPECIALLY IF YOUR CASE HAS GONE OVER A YEAR.

GOD IS GOOOD

Filed: Other Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE !!!!!!!

GOD IS GOOOD

It was time... you can relax and chill now :thumbs:

congratulations on your approval. I am so happy for you. :D:)

party time baby!!! :dance::rofl::lol::P

03/17/11 Filed for I360vawa(sent via Usps Express)

03/18/11 Delivered

03/31/11 Receipt I360(Hardcopy received)

04/04/11 Prima Facie(Hardcopy received)

12/17/11 Prima Facie Extension No2(Hardcopy received)

01/17/12 RFE issued(Good faith marriage)

02/04/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

02/07/12 RFE received and signed by USCIS

02/08/12 Touched RFE under review

02/10/12 Touched

04/29/12 Prima Facie Extension No3(Hardcopy received)

06/13/12 Prima Facie Extension No4(Hardcopy received)

06/15/12 I360 VAWA APPROVAL (Hardcopy received)

03/07/12 Filed for I485 and I765(sent via Usps Express)

03/08/12 Delivered

03/23/12 Receipt I485(Hardcopy received)

03/23/12 Receipt I765(Hardcopy received)

04/02/12 ASC appointment(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE issued for I765(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

05/10/12 I765 Approval(Hardcopy received)

08/09/12 I485 was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

11/20/12 I485 Interview Letter(Hardcopy received)

12/11/12 I485 Interview at USCIS local Office

06/24/12 Filed for Motion to Reopen with BIA(sent via Usps Express)

11/07/12 Motion to Reopen and Remand Granted by BIA (Hardcopy received)

11/15/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with USICE/USDHS

11/21/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by USICE/USDHS

11/26/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with Immigration Court

11/30/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by Immigration Court

HELLO EVERYONE !!!!!!!

GOD IS GOOOD

Congratulations on your approval!!! I'm sooooooo happy for you. You totally deserve it. Now relax and enjoy.

Stillalive, you are next in line now! Good luck and share your good news with us soon.....

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Hi hopeful in early March USCIS changed the way notices were sent because there was too many delays.

http://www.ilw.com/immigrationdaily/news/2012,0306-i797.shtm

As far as interview notices my attorney said USCIS has been backed up with budget cut backs and decreased amounts of visas to be issued this year. The best we can do is just wait for our number to be called =\

To clarify I'd you were married to USC you don't need to wait for Visa. Only if marries to LPR.

Thank you Memes! I hope they give me an interview date soon....

What are your timelines?

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.