3,588 posts in this topic

From one island girl to another I must tell you , you are one strong woman and I salute you for sharing your story con grata on your approval the journey is almost over and then you can go to carnival...

Thank you Dee07. It is the island upbringing that makes us strong girl lol. Yup I cannot wait to go home for Carnival ( hopefully 2013). My father died on February 27 th 2011 and I was not able to attend his funeral. I was very angry at my husband bcuz I felt that if he wasn't such a scumbag I would hv had my green card and would have been able to go home. But daddy became my guardian angel so i learnt to deal with it.

Filed: Timeline

Hello this forum has been a life saver for me in the month that I have discovered it. I never had the courage to post anything until today. Sometimes we VAWA victims think that we are going through this process alone or that no one else knows what we are going through it is so refreshing hearing other people's stories.

A little about myself - I met my husband on May 3 2008 at a nightclub ( cliche I know). We started dating about two weeks later and it was at that time I found out that he was 13 years my senior. That wasn't a problem for me because I was always attracted to older men. My husband proposed to my on August 8 2008 during the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics ( I thought it was romantic). Two weeks later he flew to Trinidad to meet my family and formally ask for my hand in marriage.

About a year later he and I were married on December 28 2009 at the Brooklyn Municipal Building. The first two months of marriage were great until one day in February my husband dropped a bombshell on me - he had a daughter that I never knew the existance of. The reason he told me was that he owed child support and when we did our taxes I would find out. What he failed to tell me was that he owed close to $3000 in child support and that my tax return ( my husband wasn't working for most of 2009 so my W2 provided the bulk of the return) would be totally absorbed in this payment. He also owed the electric company $600.

About a month after I received a letter from New York State Taxation stating that our return was adjusted to offset my husband's 'tax liability' of $595. When i confronted my husband about this he proceeded to beat the ####### out of me. He threatened to expose me to immigration and have me deported. So I shut up and became a labor and sex slave in America. The beating were constant, sometimes I would have to hide bruises from my Co workers. My husband alienated me from my friends and family telling me he was my only family. My mother became very worried and came to visit me from Trinidad in August 2010.

While my mother was there my husband beat me I front of her, when she tried to call the police he held a knife to my throat threatening to kill me. He left soon after and my mother helped search the apartment for drugs because I suspected that my husband was using. We found a false bottom in his nightstand drawer that contained cocaine, weed, extacy pills. We also found prison release papers that my husband was hiding from me. It stated he did time in jail for assault and possession. I was floored. My mother left a couple days later very reluctantly but only after I told her that I would go to a shelter. My husband took us to the airport, on the way home I didn't tell him bless you after he sneezed and he stopped the car and dragged me out, punched me and left me at the side of the road. When i made it home he had packed his belongings and left ( best day ever!!!!!!!!).

A month and a half after my husband left I received my first EAD card in the mail ( we had filed my paperwork in April 2010). A friend that had been through a similar situation recommended a VAWA lawyer to me because he new that I would hv been put in removal proceedings if i went to my AOS interview alone. I met with the lawyer and a week later I received my AOS interview notice. I was to report to USCIS on Dec 7 2010. In the mean time my attorney sent in my VAWA paperwork and i received a receipt notice on Dec 4 ( three days before my interview ) . I was able to give the IO the receipt notice and he made a note in my passport that I came to the interview.

Two weeks after the interview I received my Prima Facie that was going to expire on June 1 2011. June 1 2011 came and went with no word until July 25 2011 when i received a RFE GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE. Our utilities were not in both our names so VSC couldn't use that so I copied my bank card ( back and front) from our joint account and went through the bank statements with more detail. I showed where my husband made purchases for his car and took my out of the account ( when u used the bank card for that account the last four digits of the card used would be displayed after the transaction. I copied my bank card to show them that it was his card being used). I also sent in Christmas and wedding cards ( including one from his sister and my boss) with both our names, Valentines day cards he gave to me, movie ticket stubs and concert tickets from when we were dating ( detailed explanation in affidavit) gift cards with both our names on it, purchase agreements from rent-a center ( we purchased our bedroom furniture and an air conditioner) and bills with both our names on it, tax transcript stating married filing joint ( also said spouse) and lease and rental receipts with both our names in it. I sent in this evidence on October 6 2011 ( due October 20 2011).

Renewed my EAD and sent a new I 485 as well ( my husband is a USC by birth). Got an appt for Biometrics on Dec 9 2011 for my new I 485. On Dec 16 2011 received a notice that my file was transferred to USCIS in Fort Lee Missouri. On Jan 9 2012 received two letters from USCIS. First stating that my EAD was approved and the new card was in the mail. The second stating that my I 360 petition was approved on December 27 th 2011. I was also placed on deferred action for 15 months. I am just waiting for my interview date now.

I would say to anyone going through this process - patience is a virtue and virtue is grace. Please do not get dejected that you were not approved in 2, 5 or even 7 months, everybody's case is different. I wish everyone God Speed and don't give up.

Thank you for sharing. May God continue to bless you.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hello this forum has been a life saver for me in the month that I have discovered it. I never had the courage to post anything until today. Sometimes we VAWA victims think that we are going through this process alone or that no one else knows what we are going through it is so refreshing hearing other people's stories.

A little about myself - I met my husband on May 3 2008 at a nightclub ( cliche I know). We started dating about two weeks later and it was at that time I found out that he was 13 years my senior. That wasn't a problem for me because I was always attracted to older men. My husband proposed to my on August 8 2008 during the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics ( I thought it was romantic). Two weeks later he flew to Trinidad to meet my family and formally ask for my hand in marriage.

About a year later he and I were married on December 28 2009 at the Brooklyn Municipal Building. The first two months of marriage were great until one day in February my husband dropped a bombshell on me - he had a daughter that I never knew the existance of. The reason he told me was that he owed child support and when we did our taxes I would find out. What he failed to tell me was that he owed close to $3000 in child support and that my tax return ( my husband wasn't working for most of 2009 so my W2 provided the bulk of the return) would be totally absorbed in this payment. He also owed the electric company $600.

About a month after I received a letter from New York State Taxation stating that our return was adjusted to offset my husband's 'tax liability' of $595. When i confronted my husband about this he proceeded to beat the ####### out of me. He threatened to expose me to immigration and have me deported. So I shut up and became a labor and sex slave in America. The beating were constant, sometimes I would have to hide bruises from my Co workers. My husband alienated me from my friends and family telling me he was my only family. My mother became very worried and came to visit me from Trinidad in August 2010.

While my mother was there my husband beat me I front of her, when she tried to call the police he held a knife to my throat threatening to kill me. He left soon after and my mother helped search the apartment for drugs because I suspected that my husband was using. We found a false bottom in his nightstand drawer that contained cocaine, weed, extacy pills. We also found prison release papers that my husband was hiding from me. It stated he did time in jail for assault and possession. I was floored. My mother left a couple days later very reluctantly but only after I told her that I would go to a shelter. My husband took us to the airport, on the way home I didn't tell him bless you after he sneezed and he stopped the car and dragged me out, punched me and left me at the side of the road. When i made it home he had packed his belongings and left ( best day ever!!!!!!!!).

A month and a half after my husband left I received my first EAD card in the mail ( we had filed my paperwork in April 2010). A friend that had been through a similar situation recommended a VAWA lawyer to me because he new that I would hv been put in removal proceedings if i went to my AOS interview alone. I met with the lawyer and a week later I received my AOS interview notice. I was to report to USCIS on Dec 7 2010. In the mean time my attorney sent in my VAWA paperwork and i received a receipt notice on Dec 4 ( three days before my interview ) . I was able to give the IO the receipt notice and he made a note in my passport that I came to the interview.

Two weeks after the interview I received my Prima Facie that was going to expire on June 1 2011. June 1 2011 came and went with no word until July 25 2011 when i received a RFE GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE. Our utilities were not in both our names so VSC couldn't use that so I copied my bank card ( back and front) from our joint account and went through the bank statements with more detail. I showed where my husband made purchases for his car and took my out of the account ( when u used the bank card for that account the last four digits of the card used would be displayed after the transaction. I copied my bank card to show them that it was his card being used). I also sent in Christmas and wedding cards ( including one from his sister and my boss) with both our names, Valentines day cards he gave to me, movie ticket stubs and concert tickets from when we were dating ( detailed explanation in affidavit) gift cards with both our names on it, purchase agreements from rent-a center ( we purchased our bedroom furniture and an air conditioner) and bills with both our names on it, tax transcript stating married filing joint ( also said spouse) and lease and rental receipts with both our names in it. I sent in this evidence on October 6 2011 ( due October 20 2011).

Renewed my EAD and sent a new I 485 as well ( my husband is a USC by birth). Got an appt for Biometrics on Dec 9 2011 for my new I 485. On Dec 16 2011 received a notice that my file was transferred to USCIS in Fort Lee Missouri. On Jan 9 2012 received two letters from USCIS. First stating that my EAD was approved and the new card was in the mail. The second stating that my I 360 petition was approved on December 27 th 2011. I was also placed on deferred action for 15 months. I am just waiting for my interview date now.

I would say to anyone going through this process - patience is a virtue and virtue is grace. Please do not get dejected that you were not approved in 2, 5 or even 7 months, everybody's case is different. I wish everyone God Speed and don't give up.

Thanks for the support and encouragement for us vawa applicants we really appreciate it, I too was reluctant to post here but we here are like family putting it all out there to help other victims like us. I have learnt so much from this site thanks to everyone here. I am so grateful and thankful for my vj family they are the best. It's great to have you here welcome and feel free to post

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi guys are you suppose to receive an email or and update when vsc receives you paperwork for renewal prima facie I sent in renewal the February 6 and haven't seen any update or email if I was to get on. Thanks

Hey everyone,

I looked at the "administrative decisions" to give me an idea of how far a long they are when it comes to processing cases.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.2540a6fdd667d1d1c2e21e10569391a0/?vgnextoid=0609b8a04e812210VgnVCM1000006539190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=0609b8a04e812210VgnVCM1000006539190aRCRD&path=%2FB9+-+Battered+Spouse+or+Child%2FDecisions_Issued_in_2011

they're up to the end of August 2011, about 6 months. is there anyone who filed before august and haven't gotten a response from USCIS?

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Sir Charge,administrative decisions were those cases that were denied that the petitioners tried to appeal.Administrative appeals are most often denied-u just lose your money.It is better to refile a Vawa case & submit more/stronger evidences than appeal an already denied petition.The processing times for administrative appeals on vawa cases are different from Vawa processing times for pending petitions.

I filed in April 2011,i'm still waiting for a decision.My case has not been touched since Oct...I'll wait till next month b/4 i inquire about my case.

Can someone pls tell me how long it takes for USCIS to receive your fingerprints?

April 2009-Divorced

April 2011-Filed I-360,I-485,I-765(filed few days b/4 divorce was 2yrs which would have made me ineligible)

May 24,2011-RFE(For good faith marriage & Good moral character)

Aug 19,2011-I-485 touched(correspondence from USCIS were returned)

Aug 24,2011 & Aug 26,2011-Attorney called USCIS

Sept 12,2011-Another RFE for I-693 & passports sent

Sept 19,2011-RFE for I-693 & Passport received

Oct 18,2011-I-360 touched(status changed to "Response to RFE review)

Oct 21,2011-Prima facie sent

Nov 1,2011-Prima facie recieved(Still no EAD or Biometrics done)

Dec 1,2011-I-485 touched(still no EAD or Biometrics)

Dec 12,2011-1-485 touched(Interview notice sent-worried cause i don't have the vawa approval yet)

Dec 15,2011-called USCIS about my case

Dec 19,2011-Attorney called to cancel interview b/c we are still waiting for Vawa approval notice

Jan 5th,2012-New EAC #s issued for I-765 & I-485 by VSC(Both were sent back to VSC)

Jan 8th,2012-Attorney faxed in Request to expedite my case

Jan 19,2012(I-485 & I-765 touched)

Jan 25,2012(Biometrics letter mailed)

Jan 26,2012(Biometrics letter received by attorney)

Feb 1,2012(Biometrics letter in hand)

Feb 6,2012(EAD card mailed by USCIS)

Feb 8,2012(Biometrics done,I-485 & I-765 touched,EAD delivered by USPS)

Feb 10,2012(EAD in hand,I-765 touched)

Jul 2,2012(Attorney called cos my case was out of processing time)

July 3,2012(VSC called Attorney back/sent out RFE 4 GFmarriage same day)

Sept 28,2012(RFE received by VSC)

Oct 26,2012(I-360 approved,Oct 13th was actual approval date)

Nov 19 & Nov 21,2012(I-485 transferred to another office)

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats Dee,take urself out this weekend & have fun & then proceed to planning for a gr8 vacation.

April 2009-Divorced

April 2011-Filed I-360,I-485,I-765(filed few days b/4 divorce was 2yrs which would have made me ineligible)

May 24,2011-RFE(For good faith marriage & Good moral character)

Aug 19,2011-I-485 touched(correspondence from USCIS were returned)

Aug 24,2011 & Aug 26,2011-Attorney called USCIS

Sept 12,2011-Another RFE for I-693 & passports sent

Sept 19,2011-RFE for I-693 & Passport received

Oct 18,2011-I-360 touched(status changed to "Response to RFE review)

Oct 21,2011-Prima facie sent

Nov 1,2011-Prima facie recieved(Still no EAD or Biometrics done)

Dec 1,2011-I-485 touched(still no EAD or Biometrics)

Dec 12,2011-1-485 touched(Interview notice sent-worried cause i don't have the vawa approval yet)

Dec 15,2011-called USCIS about my case

Dec 19,2011-Attorney called to cancel interview b/c we are still waiting for Vawa approval notice

Jan 5th,2012-New EAC #s issued for I-765 & I-485 by VSC(Both were sent back to VSC)

Jan 8th,2012-Attorney faxed in Request to expedite my case

Jan 19,2012(I-485 & I-765 touched)

Jan 25,2012(Biometrics letter mailed)

Jan 26,2012(Biometrics letter received by attorney)

Feb 1,2012(Biometrics letter in hand)

Feb 6,2012(EAD card mailed by USCIS)

Feb 8,2012(Biometrics done,I-485 & I-765 touched,EAD delivered by USPS)

Feb 10,2012(EAD in hand,I-765 touched)

Jul 2,2012(Attorney called cos my case was out of processing time)

July 3,2012(VSC called Attorney back/sent out RFE 4 GFmarriage same day)

Sept 28,2012(RFE received by VSC)

Oct 26,2012(I-360 approved,Oct 13th was actual approval date)

Nov 19 & Nov 21,2012(I-485 transferred to another office)

Hey Sir Charge,administrative decisions were those cases that were denied that the petitioners tried to appeal.Administrative appeals are most often denied-u just lose your money.It is better to refile a Vawa case & submit more/stronger evidences than appeal an already denied petition.The processing times for administrative appeals on vawa cases are different from Vawa processing times for pending petitions.

I filed in April 2011,i'm still waiting for a decision.My case has not been touched since Oct...I'll wait till next month b/4 i inquire about my case.

Can someone pls tell me how long it takes for USCIS to receive your fingerprints?

thanks for the info!

My green card is here!!!!

congratulations!!!

congrats my sister , you've cross the finish line.. please don't leave us yet we need your support. May God continue to bless you .. its time to go eat some real ackee n salt fish yum yum :)and bathe in some beautiful island water ..have lots of fun you deserve to

Yes dear, you'll find out some positive news soon! Trust me :)

I'll take your advice and request my lawyer to place a follow up call with USCIS to check the status....thanks!

hey keep me posted !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

congratulation my friend...so happy for you...you deserved it

august 2010 - filed I-360, I-485, I-765

september 2010 - received prima facie

september 2010 -received work authorization without fingerprints

june 2011 - renewal prima facie

june 2011 - got RFE in the mail

july 2011 - applied for renewal I-765

august 2011 - sent respond to RFE

september 2011 - I765 approval never got it, uscis sent 2 times on wrong address

october 2011 - applied again for replacement work authorization

october 2011 - fingerprints done

november 2011- called uscis for renewal prima facie

november 2011 - got a letter I-765 moved to another office

december 2011 - called uscis regarding my prima facie, sent it to wrong address

december 23rd 2011 - got first transfer notice I-485 to NBC

january 11th 2012 - rceived the approval I-360...soo happy

january 17th 2012 - got second transfer notice email I-485 to local office

february 21th 2012 -i called uscis regarding my pending I 765, i did also service request

february 27th 2012 - got an email that they ask me for RFE in my case for I-765...omg

MARCH 1TH - gor the RFE about my I765, they ask me for 2 photos even i did my AOS 2 months ago

march 29 2012 - i got my inerview notice for april 11 and biometrics on april 6 ...soo happy

APRIL 11 2012 --- I485 APPROVED....YEEEEEEEE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

where is my interview notice? still waiting....its so stresfull

august 2010 - filed I-360, I-485, I-765

september 2010 - received prima facie

september 2010 -received work authorization without fingerprints

june 2011 - renewal prima facie

june 2011 - got RFE in the mail

july 2011 - applied for renewal I-765

august 2011 - sent respond to RFE

september 2011 - I765 approval never got it, uscis sent 2 times on wrong address

october 2011 - applied again for replacement work authorization

october 2011 - fingerprints done

november 2011- called uscis for renewal prima facie

november 2011 - got a letter I-765 moved to another office

december 2011 - called uscis regarding my prima facie, sent it to wrong address

december 23rd 2011 - got first transfer notice I-485 to NBC

january 11th 2012 - rceived the approval I-360...soo happy

january 17th 2012 - got second transfer notice email I-485 to local office

february 21th 2012 -i called uscis regarding my pending I 765, i did also service request

february 27th 2012 - got an email that they ask me for RFE in my case for I-765...omg

MARCH 1TH - gor the RFE about my I765, they ask me for 2 photos even i did my AOS 2 months ago

march 29 2012 - i got my inerview notice for april 11 and biometrics on april 6 ...soo happy

APRIL 11 2012 --- I485 APPROVED....YEEEEEEEE

Filed: Other Timeline

hey there!!!

just believe in God and yourself, & everything will be fine.

1- when did you send your RFE to VSC?

A: befor of dead line time , my lawyer said me he sent 6th / January

* you have a Lawyer, well, thats a good thing but

I advice you to follow up your case with him and keep your eyes open on it.

2- what company did you use to send it(USPS/UPS/FEDEX)?

A: i don't know exactly but suppose with FedEx and overnight sent by my lawyer.

* well I hope, your lawyer have a conf.receipt from VSC via Fedex signed or saying

they got the package. but for sure your Lawyer knows what he/she is doing.

3-did you have any proof they received it?

A: I think yes, cause after fallow from my lawyer he said me and he sure the package received.

* hope your lawyer have a evidence about that (tracking number or something)

4- when is/was the date due on your RFE?

A: 23th / January

* if they didn't receive it, they will send you a notice in the next 2 weeks.

but if they got it you will receive the decision in the next 60 or 90 days.

keep in mind Im not USCIS or a lawyer just a simple applicant/petitioner like you lol..

but all my information is based on my own experiences and research.

Good luck.

hi Stillalive & thank you for your respond

Also congratulation to every buddy that get approval case or receive CG Recently.

couple days ago i revived my 3th perima ( i send request renew perima with the end package RFE) , and it is valid period of 60 days, also they continue Also there

" we will send you a written notice as soon as we mack decision on the case. it expected that a final decision will be made in this case before the end of 150 days. in a few cases the adjudication may not be completed in this frame."

this time i have no any update in online yet .

Do you have any idea?

January, 28, 2011 Apply and send WAVA (I-360) And I-485 , I-756, I-131 with fee application
February, 09, 2011 Receive RFE request good moral March,07,2011 mailed RFE
March,14,2011 touched I-360
May,24,2011 touched my case I-131
june,8,2011 EAD received in my hand.
July,26,2011 Travel Document ( I-131) Approved
September,14,2011 Renew second Prima Facie and Revived
October,28,2011 touched I-360 and requesting additional evidence or information case I-360
January,06,2012 sent answer RFE (I-360)
February,08,2012 request renew Prima Facie and February,17,2012 revived 3th Prima Facie ( validate 60 days)
February,27,2012 request renew 2th EAD Card
April 17,2012 Approved my 2th EAD Card and April,23,2012 received my 2th EAD Card
April,27,2012 received appointment letter for fingerprint ( File A # ) from U.S.DHS-ICE ( next month) i request for change location.
may,17,2012 received 4th prima Facie July,24,2012 renew 5th perima
OCT,28,2012 case denied.
-----------------------------------------------
APR 11 2013 Refile i-360 , i-485 , i-756 , i-131,
APR,16 notice received , RFE for good moral and medical exam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everone, they change the processing time today. Now they are processing 05/02/11. Im happy ... I applied in 05/05/11, im almost there. I have no touches sincethese day. Only 2 prima facies and my eac in

08/15/11. Good luck for us.

Any updates on approvals?

I haven't heard anything yet :( I submitted my EAD renewal last week. Let's see what happens.

Loveme, any updates on your end?

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.