- when your I485 got denied

- when your I130 got denied

- when your spouse withdraw his/her I130

- when your spouse withdraw his/her I864

- when you failed your interview

- when you come to interview without your spouse

- when your spouse failed.. background check

- when your marriage is not valid

there are many and many reasons... just depends on the case.

03/17/11 Filed for I360vawa(sent via Usps Express)

03/18/11 Delivered

03/31/11 Receipt I360(Hardcopy received)

04/04/11 Prima Facie(Hardcopy received)

12/17/11 Prima Facie Extension No2(Hardcopy received)

01/17/12 RFE issued(Good faith marriage)

02/04/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

02/07/12 RFE received and signed by USCIS

02/08/12 Touched RFE under review

02/10/12 Touched

04/29/12 Prima Facie Extension No3(Hardcopy received)

06/13/12 Prima Facie Extension No4(Hardcopy received)

06/15/12 I360 VAWA APPROVAL (Hardcopy received)

03/07/12 Filed for I485 and I765(sent via Usps Express)

03/08/12 Delivered

03/23/12 Receipt I485(Hardcopy received)

03/23/12 Receipt I765(Hardcopy received)

04/02/12 ASC appointment(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE issued for I765(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

05/10/12 I765 Approval(Hardcopy received)

08/09/12 I485 was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

11/20/12 I485 Interview Letter(Hardcopy received)

12/11/12 I485 Interview at USCIS local Office

06/24/12 Filed for Motion to Reopen with BIA(sent via Usps Express)

11/07/12 Motion to Reopen and Remand Granted by BIA (Hardcopy received)

11/15/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with USICE/USDHS

11/21/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by USICE/USDHS

11/26/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with Immigration Court

11/30/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by Immigration Court

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks loveme, I called last week and spoke to someone. He sent a message to Vermount and said I should receive a response from them on or before the end 15 days, and that if I get no response that I should call back. So the waiting begins again for me...I will wait till the end of the month.

My lawyer contacted them as well last month to inquire about my case and to renew my prima facie, but still no response or prima facie extension. And unfortunately, it has expired now. I need it renewed because I recieve benefits and financial aid with it for school. :angry:

But thank you and God bless you for your concern, and I pray I get the approval soon. I can't wait to give you all the good news.

MYJAY ... i am thinking about you hun, i know you filed in August 2010 and you still haven't gotten a reply , i think you should definitely do a follow up and see whats going on with your case. Your case should have been approved by now ... Keep the faith though, they have an approval for u. But plz contact them, it doesn't hurt to know whats going on.

Filed: Timeline

well Im in removal proceeding since October 2011, tough thing to deal with, they schedule me every 6 months on their master calendar because of my pending vawa case... so there is 2 options if my Vawa is approved I will file a Motion to terminate removal proceeding and if my case got denied the judge will grant me a final deportation and I will force to leave USA within 30 days. but we are not yet there...

by the way LOVEME you are not yet done with your removal proceeding after your approval, your lawyer will file a Motion to Terminate R.P before Immigration Judge. keep in mind IJ still have jurisdiction over your case and you got to deal with him/her first before file for your Green Card without that your I485 will be pending forever...

tell me

there is anytouch or update on your I360vawa?

My lawyer got a msg that it has been approved. but i'm still awaiting the physical evidence. their website still say RFE review and my lawyer got the call from last thursday 15/march ... so im still waiting for the actual approval letter to come :thumbs:

and financial aid with it for school. :angry:

hi myjay, i read the "dear colleague" letter even brought it to the financial aid office in the hopes of getting a refund for the money spent out of pocket for school. they never saw a prima facie document and didn't even know what vawa is but said that I must have a social security number in order to apply. Is this true? the dear colleague letter doesn't specify anything about social security numbers. but i went to the SSA office anyway in hopes of getting a non-work ss# since i "qualify for a public benefit that requires a ss#" but then they said according to THEIR policy, I wasn't eligible for financial aid (https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.NSF/lnx/0110211615 #8) , even thought the department of education website says I'm eligible (http://ifap.ed.gov/dpcletters/GEN1007.html ). Here we have two government agencies contradicting themselves with us stuck in the middle, how did you overcome this?

Hello Sir Charge, I had a somewhat similar issue with this. My school had never heard of it either, I was persistent though.

First, you need a social security number. With that, you first of all apply online on the FAFSA website for financial aid, but remember to pick the option that says eligible non citizen.

Then you have to go to the registration office with the dear colleague letter, prima facie letter, and prrof of residency in your state, like utility bills, lease, etc. to get in state tuition rate.

Then, you go to the financial aid office with the dear colleague letter and prima facie.

This was what I did. Both the university and college I'm attending now, claimed they had never heard of it, but I insisted they contact FAFSA themselves to verify, they did, and now I get financial aid. That's what you have to do. Insist they write to FAFSA, you are eligible for financial aid, so long as your prima facie is not yet expired. Goodluck.

hi myjay, i read the "dear colleague" letter even brought it to the financial aid office in the hopes of getting a refund for the money spent out of pocket for school. they never saw a prima facie document and didn't even know what vawa is but said that I must have a social security number in order to apply. Is this true? the dear colleague letter doesn't specify anything about social security numbers. but i went to the SSA office anyway in hopes of getting a non-work ss# since i "qualify for a public benefit that requires a ss#" but then they said according to THEIR policy, I wasn't eligible for financial aid (https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.NSF/lnx/0110211615 #8) , even thought the department of education website says I'm eligible (http://ifap.ed.gov/dpcletters/GEN1007.html ). Here we have two government agencies contradicting themselves with us stuck in the middle, how did you overcome this?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

there are many reasons...

- when your I485 got denied

- when your I130 got denied

- when your spouse withdraw his/her I130

- when your spouse withdraw his/her I864

- when you failed your interview

- when you come to interview without your spouse

- when your spouse failed.. background check

- when your marriage is not valid

there are many and many reasons... just depends on the case.

Hello Sir Charge, I had a somewhat similar issue with this. My school had never heard of it either, I was persistent though.

First, you need a social security number. With that, you first of all apply online on the FAFSA website for financial aid, but remember to pick the option that says eligible non citizen.

Then you have to go to the registration office with the dear colleague letter, prima facie letter, and prrof of residency in your state, like utility bills, lease, etc. to get in state tuition rate.

Then, you go to the financial aid office with the dear colleague letter and prima facie.

This was what I did. Both the university and college I'm attending now, claimed they had never heard of it, but I insisted they contact FAFSA themselves to verify, they did, and now I get financial aid. That's what you have to do. Insist they write to FAFSA, you are eligible for financial aid, so long as your prima facie is not yet expired. Goodluck.

Thank you so so sooo much for the info!!!!

I truly appreciate it!!!! :thumbs:

Good morning everyone,

I wrote a letter to the local center in Missouri. Let's see what happens next :whistle::whistle:

No word on my EAD renewal as well..... :bonk::bonk:

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Good Luck!!!

Thanks gabrielvawa....hope they make decisions on both the cases soon. Can't wait for this journey to be over!

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

My lawyer got a msg that it has been approved. but i'm still awaiting the physical evidence. their website still say RFE review and my lawyer got the call from last thursday 15/march ... so im still waiting for the actual approval letter to come :thumbs:

hey Loveme!!!

just checking on you.

any news?

03/17/11 Filed for I360vawa(sent via Usps Express)

03/18/11 Delivered

03/31/11 Receipt I360(Hardcopy received)

04/04/11 Prima Facie(Hardcopy received)

12/17/11 Prima Facie Extension No2(Hardcopy received)

01/17/12 RFE issued(Good faith marriage)

02/04/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

02/07/12 RFE received and signed by USCIS

02/08/12 Touched RFE under review

02/10/12 Touched

04/29/12 Prima Facie Extension No3(Hardcopy received)

06/13/12 Prima Facie Extension No4(Hardcopy received)

06/15/12 I360 VAWA APPROVAL (Hardcopy received)

03/07/12 Filed for I485 and I765(sent via Usps Express)

03/08/12 Delivered

03/23/12 Receipt I485(Hardcopy received)

03/23/12 Receipt I765(Hardcopy received)

04/02/12 ASC appointment(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE issued for I765(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

05/10/12 I765 Approval(Hardcopy received)

08/09/12 I485 was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

11/20/12 I485 Interview Letter(Hardcopy received)

12/11/12 I485 Interview at USCIS local Office

06/24/12 Filed for Motion to Reopen with BIA(sent via Usps Express)

11/07/12 Motion to Reopen and Remand Granted by BIA (Hardcopy received)

11/15/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with USICE/USDHS

11/21/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by USICE/USDHS

11/26/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with Immigration Court

11/30/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by Immigration Court

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi thanks to you and the info I applied for Fafsa and is waiting for the application to process how long did it take you to get and answer and are you paying a Portion of tuition or you are fully covered. Thanks

Lordnelpme

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

hi everyone

i am very stressfull because after i got my vawa approved in december 2011 i did not get yet my interview notice, what i should do? it is this normal? my case was transfer to my local office in january2012 and nothing from that time

thank u

Edited by julieta27

august 2010 - filed I-360, I-485, I-765

september 2010 - received prima facie

september 2010 -received work authorization without fingerprints

june 2011 - renewal prima facie

june 2011 - got RFE in the mail

july 2011 - applied for renewal I-765

august 2011 - sent respond to RFE

september 2011 - I765 approval never got it, uscis sent 2 times on wrong address

october 2011 - applied again for replacement work authorization

october 2011 - fingerprints done

november 2011- called uscis for renewal prima facie

november 2011 - got a letter I-765 moved to another office

december 2011 - called uscis regarding my prima facie, sent it to wrong address

december 23rd 2011 - got first transfer notice I-485 to NBC

january 11th 2012 - rceived the approval I-360...soo happy

january 17th 2012 - got second transfer notice email I-485 to local office

february 21th 2012 -i called uscis regarding my pending I 765, i did also service request

february 27th 2012 - got an email that they ask me for RFE in my case for I-765...omg

MARCH 1TH - gor the RFE about my I765, they ask me for 2 photos even i did my AOS 2 months ago

march 29 2012 - i got my inerview notice for april 11 and biometrics on april 6 ...soo happy

APRIL 11 2012 --- I485 APPROVED....YEEEEEEEE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi everyone

i am very stressfull because after i got my vawa approved in december 2011 i did not get yet my interview notice, what i should do? it is this normal? my case was transfer to my local office in january2012 and nothing from that time

thank u

Sorry for your stress why don't you make an info pass.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.