USColombia

Colombia Club Part III

443 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

His x-ray was sealed? That's odd.

I might've not heard him correctly. We haven't talked much because we really have no way to communicate now that he's in Bogota.

That's exactly one of the reasons why I hate these doctors, especially Dr. Roa because he told my husband and everyone who went to see him that day that they needed "new" vaccines because they ones they had gotten previously were too old. No if or buts about it, they had to get them again, in his office and nowhere else or he wouldn't approve the exam. #######. :angry:

Diana

He IS a #######! I wish I would've asked people's experiences before I told my husband to go to him. Dr. Roa just sounded like a nice name :whistle:

IR-1

Married: 12/29/2008

USCIS CSC

I-130 Sent : 11/05/2010

I-130 NOA1 :11/19/2010

I-130 NOA2 :05/20/2011

182 days - No RFE's

NVC

Received : 06/08/2011

DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 06/08/2011

Receive I-864 Package : 06/10/2011

Completed DS-3032 : 06/11/2011 (NVC received 06/16/2011)

Pay I-864 Bill : 06/23/2011

Pay IV Bill : 07/22/2011

Return Completed I-864 & IV : 07/25/2011

NVC received: 07/27/2011

NVC RFE: 08/09/11

NVC RFE sent/NVC Received: 08/10/2011--08/12/2011

False RFE for IV: 08/10/11

False RFE for previous RFE: 08/11/11 & 08/14/2011

NVC Reviewed IV: 08/11/2011

SIF and Case Complete : 08/19/2011

Interview Date Set: 09/30/2011

EMBASSY

Medical: 11/11/2011

Interview: 11/16/2011 *APPROVED*

Visa Received: 11/21/11 (arrived on 3rd business day)

POE: 12/02/2011

Welcome Letter & SSN Arrived: 12/12/11

2nd Welcome Letter & 10-year GC Arrived: 12/17/11

-Happily Ever After-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

He IS a #######! I wish I would've asked people's experiences before I told my husband to go to him. Dr. Roa just sounded like a nice name :whistle:

Don't worry, I've heard the same story from people who've gone with Dr. González. They're both weasels in my opinion.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

She had the sealed envelope after all. The ds3025 tells if the vaccines are approved or not. They gave her a copy.

They made her wait for over 5 hours at the embassy. In the end they told her she needs the i-212 waiver. We expected that. The lawyer says she should have no problem getting the waiver.

Timeline

She had the sealed envelope after all. The ds3025 tells if the vaccines are approved or not. They gave her a copy.

They made her wait for over 5 hours at the embassy. In the end they told her she needs the i-212 waiver. We expected that. The lawyer says she should have no problem getting the waiver.

and now they called her back after she left.... I need to go to work. I'll update you tomorrow.

Timeline

So we picked up the visa today (three business days, way to go for the change to DHL!) The DHL envelope (not the envelope for immigration at the airport) was opened by the DHL person at the time of pickup. The passport was there with a six month visa sticker already inside.. The envelope for immigration has the corner cut out so the papers can be seen.. I assume that is normal?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

So we picked up the visa today (three business days, way to go for the change to DHL!) The DHL envelope (not the envelope for immigration at the airport) was opened by the DHL person at the time of pickup. The passport was there with a six month visa sticker already inside.. The envelope for immigration has the corner cut out so the papers can be seen.. I assume that is normal?

There are some posts where people are saying that it's normal: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/279205-visa-received-but-sealed-packet-corner-cut/

Timeline

why would the DHL person open the DHL envelope? That sounds wierd. I "think" my fiance's DHL packet arrived today after 2pm (at least they said to come back at 2pm). She had to work today from 1-9pm so I guess she'll go tomorrow.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Timeline

Her call back to the embassy was only to give her a document they forgot to give back. So, we need the i-212 like expected.

My fiancee says the questioning was simple and easy like other people are reporting. They asked my name, my address, how long we have known each other, and have I ever visited Colombia. My fiancee was unfairly refused entry at the border, the reason we need the i-212. She said they asked her a couple of questions about that as well. The only hold up with her interview is because of the refusal, since she had "troubles" they made her wait a long time before the interview. Regardless, she said the man that interviewed her was very nice and it helped her relax. Other than the wait she considered the experience good.

My fiance also wishes to thank everybody on here that has shared their experiences, because reading about it helped us to get organized better, and helped her relax because she knew what to expect. I like to give my thanks as well.

Maybe the DHL person was trying to confirm the sealed document was still there? A concern of theft possibly?

Edited by justwaiting4her

Timeline

why would the DHL person open the DHL envelope? That sounds wierd. I "think" my fiance's DHL packet arrived today after 2pm (at least they said to come back at 2pm). She had to work today from 1-9pm so I guess she'll go tomorrow.

I was there but on the phone at the time so I was not paying full attention.. It looks like they open it and then have you confirm that everything on a list is in the envelope and then you sign..

Timeline

Did you pick it up in bogota or did you get it deliveres elsewhere?

Timeline

Did you pick it up in bogota or did you get it deliveres elsewhere?

We picked it up in Medellin at a local DHL pickup station (the "GLOBAL" station - a few kilometers from the Santa Fe mall)

Here is a snapshot from the DHL web page.. The interview was on the 9th (Wed) and the 14th (Mon) was a Holiday... There was no cost to pick the package up.

post-93893-0-51410300-1321539299_thumb.jpg

Edited by OnMyWayID

Timeline

How long are people waiting for interviews? My case (CR-1) was closed and all back in October. No interview for November, they told me that I missed the cut off date by a few days.

I just called, no interview for December either. He told me that there was no space available from the "slots" they get assigned. He suggested that I call back during the 3rd week of December and see if there is sa January interview.

I know the BOG based people have a huge advantage scheduling the interviews. Anyone else in the same boat? Any fact based predictions on an interview date?

Thanks

Timeline

How long are people waiting for interviews? My case (CR-1) was closed and all back in October. No interview for November, they told me that I missed the cut off date by a few days.

I just called, no interview for December either. He told me that there was no space available from the "slots" they get assigned. He suggested that I call back during the 3rd week of December and see if there is sa January interview.

I know the BOG based people have a huge advantage scheduling the interviews. Anyone else in the same boat? Any fact based predictions on an interview date?

Thanks

Look at the recent timelines.

My case was closed August 19th. I did not get an interview date until September 30th. Our interview was November 16th.

January sounds about right for you.

IR-1

Married: 12/29/2008

USCIS CSC

I-130 Sent : 11/05/2010

I-130 NOA1 :11/19/2010

I-130 NOA2 :05/20/2011

182 days - No RFE's

NVC

Received : 06/08/2011

DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 06/08/2011

Receive I-864 Package : 06/10/2011

Completed DS-3032 : 06/11/2011 (NVC received 06/16/2011)

Pay I-864 Bill : 06/23/2011

Pay IV Bill : 07/22/2011

Return Completed I-864 & IV : 07/25/2011

NVC received: 07/27/2011

NVC RFE: 08/09/11

NVC RFE sent/NVC Received: 08/10/2011--08/12/2011

False RFE for IV: 08/10/11

False RFE for previous RFE: 08/11/11 & 08/14/2011

NVC Reviewed IV: 08/11/2011

SIF and Case Complete : 08/19/2011

Interview Date Set: 09/30/2011

EMBASSY

Medical: 11/11/2011

Interview: 11/16/2011 *APPROVED*

Visa Received: 11/21/11 (arrived on 3rd business day)

POE: 12/02/2011

Welcome Letter & SSN Arrived: 12/12/11

2nd Welcome Letter & 10-year GC Arrived: 12/17/11

-Happily Ever After-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.