pavi kumar

CR1 visa denied after 4 month wait mandatory process

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Gaining citizenship through the first marriage is a huge red flag.

Is your attorney an immigration attorney? You have a HUGE uphill battle. Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in but I'm not even sure if the case will be reviewed by USCIS given the fraud finding.

Possibly, you may have the option to refile but again if USCIS does not review the case - I can not stress this enough - you need to consult with a VERY well versed immigration attorney. Heck, even if they do review the case and you end up with a NOIR/NOID have a STELLAR attorney waiting in the wings to help craft your case.

Look, I get that the 1st marriage may have been legitimate - maybe your exwife is crazy and decided to spout off to the embassy or dhs or dos that you were just using her for citizenship to bring over your true love...but the potential of that happening needed to be addressed from the get go in your case. You're claiming she's tried to kill you ect - had I been in your shoes, knowing that Delhi is a tricky embassy and all Indian consulates are considered high fraud - I would have front loaded the file like nobody's business - with police reports, restraining orders, FIRs, the whole thing. You truly want to present all the information you can for the embassy to see what happened. [Good all "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" and all that, if this was the case who knows what she may have claimed or said]....

On the flip side, if you in fact did use your first wife to gain citizenship - well, that's immigration fraud. You may have additional issues to deal with down the road.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

As far I am reading this, he was married before and went into previous marriage with good faith.

Stayed in that marriage for long time and unable to solve the issues and end up in divorce.... I did not read any thing about he got married just to gain citizenship.

Now, that person is out of life.... like everyone, he has right to be happy again. I think he likes someone that he thinks love of his life and can be great life partner.... He was legally divorced from early marriage and waited for some time and got re-married.

Now, I don't think so that previous marriage or gaining citizenship is a BIG red flag (may be), not sure about it. They will probe it throughly, of course. But could not be the reason for denial at Embassy.

Gaining citizenship through the first marriage is a huge red flag.

Is your attorney an immigration attorney? You have a HUGE uphill battle. Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in but I'm not even sure if the case will be reviewed by USCIS given the fraud finding.

Possibly, you may have the option to refile but again if USCIS does not review the case - I can not stress this enough - you need to consult with a VERY well versed immigration attorney. Heck, even if they do review the case and you end up with a NOIR/NOID have a STELLAR attorney waiting in the wings to help craft your case.

Look, I get that the 1st marriage may have been legitimate - maybe your exwife is crazy and decided to spout off to the embassy or dhs or dos that you were just using her for citizenship to bring over your true love...but the potential of that happening needed to be addressed from the get go in your case. You're claiming she's tried to kill you ect - had I been in your shoes, knowing that Delhi is a tricky embassy and all Indian consulates are considered high fraud - I would have front loaded the file like nobody's business - with police reports, restraining orders, FIRs, the whole thing. You truly want to present all the information you can for the embassy to see what happened. [Good all "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" and all that, if this was the case who knows what she may have claimed or said]....

On the flip side, if you in fact did use your first wife to gain citizenship - well, that's immigration fraud. You may have additional issues to deal with down the road.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.