missy_antha

London Emabassy interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi we got our NOA2 email confirmation on 7 September for our K1 Visa

I just wondered if someone could give me an idea how long it will be until I get my interview date.

I've looked on the Time Line and it says 75 days but I wondered if people on here could tell me how long they had to wait from getting their NOA2 to their interview date at the London Embassy?

Thanks so much x

6/05/06 - Mailed off the I29f

06/20/06 - Cheque cashed

7/07/06 - Still not received NOA1. Call CSC. They have input our address incorrectly. Give them the correct details. Also find out what our case number is from them so can check for touches!

07/13/06 - Receive RFE

07/26/06 - Email confirmation they have RFE

07/27/06 - Touched

08/23/07 - Call CSC to find out where NOA1 is and what date was on it. As it was sent to the wrong address it came back as undeliverable. They will not send it out again unless we send them a written request. However date was;

06/09/06 - NOA1

09/07/06 - NOA2 email confirmation

09/28/06 - NVC say they have sent details to US Embassy in London

12/09/06 - Sent back packet 3 recorded delivery

10/30/06 - Medical

11/06/06 - Interview confirmed 1st December!

01/17/07 - Wedding booked in Vegas

Timeline

see my signature

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

Timeline

Hi Snowman. Thanks for that.

You must have looked at other peoples timelines when you were waiting for your interview. Would you say that it seems to be roughly about 70 - 80 days between NOA2 confirmation and the interview?

Also I notice you have already booked your flight before you have had your interview. Is it a case of if you have the interview then you will definitely be approved.

I would like to hand my notice in at work when I know what my interview date is but I'm worried about doing that in case I get turned down.

I should point out that there is no reason that I would be turned down other than a sense of caution

What do you think?

06/20/06 - Cheque cashed

7/07/06 - Still not received NOA1. Call CSC. They have input our address incorrectly. Give them the correct details. Also find out what our case number is from them so can check for touches!

07/13/06 - Receive RFE

07/27/06 - Touched

08/23/07 - Call CSC to find out where NOA1 is and what date was on it. As it was sent to the wrong address it came back as undeliverable. They will not send it out again unless we send them a written request. However date was;

06/09/06 - NOA1

10/30/06 - Medical

Filed: Timeline
Hi Snowman. Thanks for that.

You must have looked at other peoples timelines when you were waiting for your interview. Would you say that it seems to be roughly about 70 - 80 days between NOA2 confirmation and the interview?

Also I notice you have already booked your flight before you have had your interview. Is it a case of if you have the interview then you will definitely be approved.

I would like to hand my notice in at work when I know what my interview date is but I'm worried about doing that in case I get turned down.

I should point out that there is no reason that I would be turned down other than a sense of caution

What do you think?

Do a filtered search for UK timelines. It will show the rough spread of dates.

We are not booking our flight yet, altho my fiance has put end of October to leave his job.

Timeline

We havent actually booked our flights, but those are the days that we are looking to leave. I havent resigned yet as I have saved up my leave to take two weeks off when I leave (thus getting a paycheck once I am in America), plus I might be able to move over with my current company.

I am taking a bit of a risk by booking flights, but I am confident that I have everthing in order and my Fiance will be with me at the interview. We are looking at getting the visa around 5 days after the interview date and then leaving around a week later.

I could all go horribly wrong, but I have waited so long I just want to get over there and get on with my life.

It does seem that on average it takes around 2 months to 2.5 months from NOA2 to interview.

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

Timeline

Good Luck. I wish you all the best with your journey ahead!

06/20/06 - Cheque cashed

07/13/06 - Receive RFE

07/27/06 - Touched

06/09/06 - NOA1

10/30/06 - Medical

Timeline

Basically your file will now go to NVC - normally it sits there for some action for about a week on average and then is mailed to London Embassy. You can call the NVC to see if they have your file and ask for the new case number it should start with LND and ask when will they send the file to london if they havent done so. You will get a rough idea of when - wait for a week and then email London embassy asking if they have received your file from NVC (Remember to put your new case number in the subject line). Once London has your file they will send your pack 3 to you - you can start by getting the forms downloaded and practice filling them in so when the pack comes you are ready to copy over and send back as soon as possible! Your interview date will depnend on how quickly you send your pack 3 back with the checklist.

We have an ongoing list of those ppl waiting for interviews in London please go to this thread and add yoursel plus you can see times of when others got their medicals and interviews.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=120&st=855

It would be wise not to give your notice in just yet, unless you are extremely sure nothing will hold up your case. It is a risk you will have to take. The same with booking flights - you cant really guarantee the passport will be returned in time as some ppl paid for the next day delivery and i have read they didnt get it next day.

Hope this helps:)

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

see my timeline below too and good luck!!!!!!Summer seems to eb a slower time of year for moving things through the embassy.. hang in there!

Maggie

K1 Application

23 Feb 2006 - I-129 mailed

14 August 2006 - Approved!!!! :-)

21 October 2006 - Married in the mountains of North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Application

6 November 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD and AP

09 Decemeber 2006 - e-mail received to say case was trasferred to California

16 December 2006- biometric appointment in Charlotte, NC

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

28 June -Green card ordered

7 July wedding celebrations in Scotland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.