Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just wanna say that the embassy is caught up on interviews now

So, here is what I am thinking..... the visas will be issued sooner now cause the CO will have alot of free time on their hands in March because they will not have to do 800 interviews that month. They might even be below 400 interviews that month which is their normal interviews slots a month.

So, I am hoping for all of us--especially Wendy---- the AP will be completed.I am hoping that somewhere along this communication line that CO has to look back on their own interviews and say--well now what happened to wendy and ahmeds case---let me call over to DOS and see what the hold up is???

I can hope and pray and I will!!!

1.Nababdurrahman -------------Nov 20, 2011- told within 7-10 days after more papers------------- HE GOT IT IN 39 DAYS

2.Mero Rob -------------------Nov 22, 2011 -needed to send more papers----------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 44 DAYS

3.Tp1986 ---------------------Nov 22, 2011 needed more papers-MAN--------------------------------------HE GOT IT 65 DAYS

4.Rami & Yosra----------------Nov 29, 2011 Told you will get it in 7---------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

5.pyramids -------------------Dec 4, 2011 -told within 1 week------------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

6.TamerA --------------------Dec 6, 2011 She was Told 1-2 weeks-------------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

7.Marymina119 ----------------Dec. 8, 2011- told approx 1 week ---------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

8.Yesterdaysrain23 -------------Dec 11, 2011-more papers-MALE----------------------HE GOT THE VISA IN 59 DAYS

9.Zawgyosama -------------------Dec 13, 2011-more evidence needed. MALE------------------HE GOT THE VISA 57 DAYS

10.MagdaEssam(habibi83) ---------Dec 15, 2011-told 10days -2 weeks max---------------------------HE GOT IT IN 14 DAYS

11.Stu_Mathews interview---------Dec 14 told he will get it in 10 days----------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

12 Sherif23 ---------------------Dec 21, 2011-He was told 2 weeks--------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 20 DAYS

13 Mohamed1980 ------------------Jan 5, 2012-She was told in 1 week-----------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 13 DAYS

14 Soza Joe----------------------Jan 11, 2012-SHE-told she will get it within 7 days and--------SHE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS

15 merorafo22 -------------------Jan 12, 2012---------------------------------------------------SHE GOT VISA IN 12 DAYS

16.AhmedAnna---------------------Jan 19, 2012--------------------------------------------------HE GOT THE VISA IN 7 DAYS

17.mariekemo --------------------Jan 24, 2012-HE -more papers and wait 15 days----------------HE GOT IT IN 13 DAYS

18.Ezra Hassan ------------------Jan 30, 2012-HE--TOLD 1-2 WEEKS-------------------------HE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS HE FILED DCF

1.Wendy<Ahmed-----------------Oct 2, 2011---He is still waiting for Visa

2.Cami & Eslam(luv4eslam)-----Nov 13, 2011 He put his visa on hold for maybe a year to stay in egypt-She will update us in May-MAN

3.wghabour-interview ---------Nov 22 more papers needed -MAN

4.Aly174 ---------------------Dec 1, 2011-was told possibly 1-2 weeks MALE

5.(Ruby56) Bev&Hadi ------------Dec 14, 2011-more papers needed Man

6. MahaAhmed --------------------Jan 9, 2012 HE GOT APPROVED with AP 1-2 MONTHS

7. bondokw5o5a4ever--------------Jan 9, 2012 SHE WAS TOLD 7 DAYS TILL SHE GETS THE VISA

8. madanisgirl ------------------Jan 12, 2012-HE-----Approved told AP 1-6 weeks

9 CarolBasha (and Ahmed) -------Jan 17, 2012-HE-APPROVED Visa in 1 month after more papers.

10.Togetherforever13 ------------Jan 19, 2012-HE APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP

11.Emad Desouky -----------------Jan 19, 2012-HE-APPROVED-SUBMIT MORE PAPERS

12.mer&damby308 -----------------Jan 22, 2012-HE APPROVED!! HE WAS TOLD 3 WEEKS

13.Kokylolo----------------------Feb 13, 2012-HE-APPROVED TOLD 10 DAYS!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

14.J.G.I (Sarah and John DCF FILERS)----------Feb 21, 2012-HE

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Tonight is very hard. It is snowing and cold and lonely and dark

I miss him

Listening to Michael Bolton- missing you now

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BUE7kzI2gdY

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

I just wanna say that the embassy is caught up on interviews now

So, here is what I am thinking..... the visas will be issued sooner now cause the CO will have alot of free time on their hands in March because they will not have to do 800 interviews that month. They might even be below 400 interviews that month which is their normal interviews slots a month.

So, I am hoping for all of us--especially Wendy---- the AP will be completed.I am hoping that somewhere along this communication line that CO has to look back on their own interviews and say--well now what happened to wendy and ahmeds case---let me call over to DOS and see what the hold up is???

I can hope and pray and I will!!!

INSHALLAH!!!!

1.Nababdurrahman -------------Nov 20, 2011- told within 7-10 days after more papers------------- HE GOT IT IN 39 DAYS

2.Mero Rob -------------------Nov 22, 2011 -needed to send more papers----------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 44 DAYS

3.Tp1986 ---------------------Nov 22, 2011 needed more papers-MAN--------------------------------------HE GOT IT 65 DAYS

4.Rami & Yosra----------------Nov 29, 2011 Told you will get it in 7---------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

5.pyramids -------------------Dec 4, 2011 -told within 1 week------------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

6.TamerA --------------------Dec 6, 2011 She was Told 1-2 weeks-------------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

7.Marymina119 ----------------Dec. 8, 2011- told approx 1 week ---------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

8.Yesterdaysrain23 -------------Dec 11, 2011-more papers-MALE----------------------HE GOT THE VISA IN 59 DAYS

9.Zawgyosama -------------------Dec 13, 2011-more evidence needed. MALE------------------HE GOT THE VISA 57 DAYS

10.MagdaEssam(habibi83) ---------Dec 15, 2011-told 10days -2 weeks max---------------------------HE GOT IT IN 14 DAYS

11.Stu_Mathews interview---------Dec 14 told he will get it in 10 days----------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

12 Sherif23 ---------------------Dec 21, 2011-He was told 2 weeks--------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 20 DAYS

13 Mohamed1980 ------------------Jan 5, 2012-She was told in 1 week-----------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 13 DAYS

14 Soza Joe----------------------Jan 11, 2012-SHE-told she will get it within 7 days and--------SHE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS

15 merorafo22 -------------------Jan 12, 2012---------------------------------------------------SHE GOT VISA IN 12 DAYS

16.AhmedAnna---------------------Jan 19, 2012--------------------------------------------------HE GOT THE VISA IN 7 DAYS

17.mariekemo --------------------Jan 24, 2012-HE -more papers and wait 15 days----------------HE GOT IT IN 13 DAYS

18.Ezra Hassan ------------------Jan 30, 2012-HE--TOLD 1-2 WEEKS-------------------------HE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS HE FILED DCF

1.Wendy<Ahmed-----------------Oct 2, 2011---He is still waiting for Visa

2.Cami & Eslam(luv4eslam)-----Nov 13, 2011 He put his visa on hold for maybe a year to stay in egypt-She will update us in May-MAN

3.wghabour-interview ---------Nov 22 more papers needed -MAN

4.Aly174 ---------------------Dec 1, 2011-was told possibly 1-2 weeks MALE

5.(Ruby56) Bev&Hadi ------------Dec 14, 2011-more papers needed Man

6. MahaAhmed --------------------Jan 9, 2012 HE GOT APPROVED with AP 1-2 MONTHS

7. bondokw5o5a4ever--------------Jan 9, 2012 SHE WAS TOLD 7 DAYS TILL SHE GETS THE VISA

8. madanisgirl ------------------Jan 12, 2012-HE-----Approved told AP 1-6 weeks

9 CarolBasha (and Ahmed) -------Jan 17, 2012-HE-APPROVED Visa in 1 month after more papers.

10.Togetherforever13 ------------Jan 19, 2012-HE APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP

11.Emad Desouky -----------------Jan 19, 2012-HE-APPROVED-SUBMIT MORE PAPERS

12.mer&damby308 -----------------Jan 22, 2012-HE APPROVED!! HE WAS TOLD 3 WEEKS

13.Kokylolo----------------------Feb 13, 2012-HE-APPROVED TOLD 10 DAYS!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

14.J.G.I (Sarah and John DCF FILERS)----------Feb 21, 2012-HE

Timeline

I am positive I have some kind of disorder or OCD or something.

I got bored again so I counted the rest of the interviews this month to see how busy the embassy is. Maybe they have someone or two gone on vacation but they did already slow down the interviews as I already knew

So on

Tuesday the 14-they have 37

wed 15-only 11 scheduled

thurs 16th-13 scheduled

Sunday19th-NONE

Mon 20th- 23 scheduled

Tues21st-35 scheduled

wed 22nd-19 scheduled

thur23rd-11 scheduled

Sunday 26th- 12 scheduled

Monday 27th-25 scheduled

Tuesd 28th-25 scheduled

Wed 28th- 25 scheduled

Thursday 29th-37 schedule

If we look back at Jan daily interviews they were doing around 45-50 a day.

so they have already slowed down so hopefully now they will have time to finish and close their AP cases!!! yea!!

They have not put out any March schedule yet and I do not know anyone done with NVC to get an interview date when they schedule them next week.

Also, in my boredom...I looked at Jan 19th at all interviews and I found 3 people on the pending cases AP website out of 39 interviews (that includes all kids, spouse, mom, dad) So that is 13% in AP --AT LEAST-cause some do not show up on that site! And I believe there were 19 spouse interviews that day so that is like 37% in spouse AP I think...

I work tomorrow so I will try to stay offline

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Strange- This morning they updated the embassy interview schedule to show only March.

And it looks like they have scheduled

450 total interviews

198 DV lottery interviews

252 family based visas-all they way back from 1998 till 2011

So I guess those that have a priority for their immedialy relatives will be caught up in interviews too

They is no way to tell which are spouse inteviews...but if I had to guess I would say there are like 65 applications in the year 2011-so that incudes spouses and kids...maybe 40 spouse visa interviews--just a guess

So they have less interviews

More then I expected but I had no clue they still have 200 DV and sooooo many old family ones.

The CO's will still have extra time to close their old cases!!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I hope meno is mine gets her NOA2 today!!!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Looks like the webmaster made some changes to their pending cases site

I sent them an email requesting for them to make some changes. and to make sure every case was in the AP pending cases website

so please check and see if your cases are no showing up.

Here is one of the changes they made to the site

Pending Cases

Check the Status of your Administrative Processing

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement at the conclusion of the interview. Most administrative processing is resolved within five months of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. The administrative processing occurs in Washington, DC and cannot be expedited or waived. Visa applicants are reminded not to make any non-refundable travel plans until they receive their visas.

Please note: we will not contact you when your administrative processing is complete. All Immigrant Visa applicants must check their own cases by entering your case number in the box here and click “Submit”.

If your administrative processing is still pending six months after your interview, please contact our office by email at: consularcairoiv@state.gov. Please include your case number and note “Administrative Processing” in the subject line.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

:thumbs: Such good work always. You never miss a beat. :thumbs:

The changes are great, the more information the better it is.

Unfortunatley our cases still doesn't show, :rolleyes: lucky us. Looks like I will be bombarding them with emails in 1 1/2 months if we aren't out of AP by then.

Have a nice Valentive's Day everyone.

Timeline

Wendy,

I told them I would tell my friends to email them with their case numbers so they could manually put the case number into the pending cases site

So, please Wendy and everyone else, email

cairowebmaster@state.gov

and simply write

petitioner name and birthday

beneficiary name and birthday

CRO number

Can you please manually add my name to the Pending AP website. I have been in AP for 1 month and I cannot find my case on the site

Thank You

And mine showed up like 2-3 days later!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Wendy,

I told them I would tell my friends to email them with their case numbers so they could manually put the case number into the pending cases site

So, please Wendy and everyone else, email

cairowebmaster@state.gov

and simply write

petitioner name and birthday

beneficiary name and birthday

CRO number

Can you please manually add my name to the Pending AP website. I have been in AP for 1 month and I cannot find my case on the site

Thank You

And mine showed up like 2-3 days later!!

Wow!!!

Done, now lets see if its work.

Timeline

I hope it works! I do not want to think they were able to put mine in but no one elses especially after I said ALL cases should be found on this website if in AP.

Please tell me when you find it there in 2 days!! I hope

Also, what did the embassy ever say to you after you emailed them about what does it means my type of ap will not be on there???

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

I hope so too. When I asked them what they meant by this kind of AP, they gave as general answer. See email below.

Dear Madam,

Please note that there is no specific time frame for how long the administrative processing on a certain case may take. Once this process is completed, we will contact Mr. Xxxxxxxxx to notify him of the next step in his case.

We hope the above information is helpful.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

WS

Sooo typical of them. UFfff!!!!!

Timeline

hey guys. just wanted to drop an update on u all.

first of all, my heart goes to those waiting. congrats to all that have been approved and/or reunited. for those waiting, it is so close inshaAllah.

an update on what's going on here.

so a few days after my husband arrived i took him to the social security office to apply for his SSN. I would advise everybody to do this ASAP because without a SSN, u r hanidcap in many ways...can't work, can't get a license, etc...

and it takes about 15 minutes at the office, so better to get it done. Once you apply, you receive the SSN after a month. they say it can take 2 weeks but mine took a month bcuz my husband came almost immediately after he got his visa..literally 2 days later...so it took a little longer for clearance from homeland security.

after getting ur social security, get a state ID or a license....we did that, it took about 1 week to come in the mail but we did that at the DMV.

he received his green card, valid for 10 years last saturday-so 6 weeks after arrival. i believe his was 10 years because it was an ir1 visa, but cr1 visa gets a 2 year green card. the green card is a resident card...it is kind of green...but it;s interesting that they call it a green card rather than a resident card. for the first year, the visa in the passport is valid as a resident card...but in anyway, it will come in the mail. so if u dont have a green card/resident card, take ur passport with u and show them on the bottom the fine print says that it serves as a temporary resident card.

in wisconsin, u have to get ur drivers permit first, then u can get ur license after having that for 7 days.

my hubby got his permit tuesday and is supposed to have his road test on tuesday inshaAllah khair. i hope he passes!

he has been going for interviews and got a job which start wednesday inshaAllah. he is excited about it.

i was on break from school and have been back in school for about a month now....hubbby has been busy with going to the gym, looking for work, and goign to the mosque and such...it;s been good. im excited for him to start work bcuz then i can focus on school more hehe...and inshaAllah he gets his license..although i was starting to enjoy being a chauffeur !!

by the way, in our state-i dont know if this applies to all states, but find out what ur state;s rules are...in our state, for certain countries--and egypt is included...if u have a drivers license then u can legally drive here for a year. my hubby, of course, forgot his! also, the permit fee ($35) is waived if u have ur egpytian license.

so make sure ur hubby brings his license here! it will make things easier.

other than that, things are flowing fine alhamdulillah...adjustment takes a while. my husband craves meeting egyptians and just talkign in arabic with them...i think once the work schedule kicks in then things will b better. we have to apply for his sister and moms visitor visas which inshaAllah will be a lot easier than this mess. we booked the wedding hall for the end of june...but i'm not even thinking about that yet...can;t wait for it though!

hope all of u are well. will try to keep u posted if i can think of anything else. take care!

Timeline

Congratulations Naba and hope you two have a great wedding :) It's good to hear back from you to know about the journey after the visa!

I do have some news. My husband now has his visa! so excited that that part is finally over. DHL actually tried to deliver it last thursday Feb 9th but he was working and they didn't let his father sign for it (even though the DHL receipt was there). My husband didn't get a chance until last night to pick it up and now has his visa. I will update timeline when he tells me when the passport says visa was actually issued. He did tell me it expires in the beginning of June (so a 4 months visa instead of the 6 I heard?). He will spend some time getting his affairs in order in Egypt before booking his tickets (so we still have a bit to wait but hopefully not too long).

The paper they had given us at the interview said do not contact so they don't slow down and it would take 4-6 weeks for the AP. So I didn't contact DOS or embassy but I don't know if that helped anything. If I count just working weeks it did take about 5 so within their range.

Things that I can note are:

Be sure your spouse is there to pick up the package because they won't let anyone else sign for it.

DHL only keeps the package for 5 days then sends it back to the embassy (Hubby had to call them and ask them to keep it one extra day)

There are 2 things inside the package..the passport and a big envelope (I didn't know this but it IS NOT to be opened). So keep the envelope sealed.

Also the status on the pending cases still says we are still in processing so I don't think they update it often if at all until asked. They never contacted us by email or anything to indicate things were ready but they are done elhamdo lellah.

I'll post if I remember anything else.

Timeline

Naba!!! It is so great to hear from you and thanks for the great information as always! I told my husband to bring an international license justto be safe but I will remind him to bring the egypt Drivers license too.

I wish you great grades in school and easy exams-they cannot be harder then the visa process. lol

And have a terrific wedding with all the family present. Has your family seen his family on cam or in person? My husband has kept in contact with a few of my family members on cam and now has met my daughter in person but I am so excited to have him here meeting everyone in person! And when his mom gets to come over I will be even more excited. Sometimes I miss her even more then him (not really but she can COOK!!)

What did your husband do in egypt? and what will his first job be in wisconsin? I am a little worried about mine finding a job. His English is great and he is educated but Egypt inteviews and resumes are so different from America. lol I will prepare him well

Tell him good luck on the drivers test. Did he drive in Egypt? Did you tell him...you cannot do any of that in USA?! Loooool

Thanks for the updates. I wish you the best.

Micki

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

MAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!! OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo happy for you!! Patience paid off!!

Congrats. I hope he comes soon.

Did you sign up for DHL.com updates for when they ship the package? Did it not work either? Now I am worried if I do not call then I will never know! lol

Enjoy your lives together and please tll Ahmed-"Welcome to America!!!"

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.