Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mary, we got ours in the morning... remember it is still very early in the States, hang in there the day is young here and it is just dawning in the States!

Timeline

Good morning my dear fellow filers from Egypt. Jenn texetd me about 2am, nothing yet for her. Nothing for me either yet. I haven't heard anything from Rami. Will keep you guys posted.

Timeline

Wow! Over a month has gone by since the original post and not one of us has received an interview?!! I also checked the scheduling for interviews and there is a ton of diversity visas, but a small amount of other types of visas. I also called a very very very rude jerk at the NVC today. He was talking down to me like he was my drill sergeant. Spewing out information as quickly as he could read it, with not very good reading skills, I might add! He said that my husband had not been scheduled for the July appointments, so If I care to I can call back the third week in August to see if he made it onto the next schedule for September. I said, oh so you meant to say that he has not been scheduled for the August appointments either, because it's very apparent that he wasn't scheduled for July. Then he had the nerve to start lipping off to me and raising his voice after he had asked me if he had answered my questions. I said you are rude and not very helpful and you need customer service training. Does that answer your question? Click! End of call. Then I figured this was going to continue like this. It's ok, it's all good. I'll be with my husband soon, inshaallah, no matter how slow, incompetent, rude and unprofessional the USCIS, NVC and US Embassy in Cairo Consulate Office can strive to be! Good luck to all of you, but don't hold your breath! Take a deep breath, exhale slowly and count to 50. I do this often, :D if I didn't I'd go psycho! lol Peace:)

Timeline

Wow! Over a month has gone by since the original post and not one of us has received an interview?!! I also checked the scheduling for interviews and there is a ton of diversity visas, but a small amount of other types of visas. I also called a very very very rude jerk at the NVC today. He was talking down to me like he was my drill sergeant. Spewing out information as quickly as he could read it, with not very good reading skills, I might add! He said that my husband had not been scheduled for the July appointments, so If I care to I can call back the third week in August to see if he made it onto the next schedule for September. I said, oh so you meant to say that he has not been scheduled for the August appointments either, because it's very apparent that he wasn't scheduled for July. Then he had the nerve to start lipping off to me and raising his voice after he had asked me if he had answered my questions. I said you are rude and not very helpful and you need customer service training. Does that answer your question? Click! End of call. Then I figured this was going to continue like this. It's ok, it's all good. I'll be with my husband soon, inshaallah, no matter how slow, incompetent, rude and unprofessional the USCIS, NVC and US Embassy in Cairo Consulate Office can strive to be! Good luck to all of you, but don't hold your breath! Take a deep breath, exhale slowly and count to 50. I do this often, :D if I didn't I'd go psycho! lol Peace:)

I'm so sorry to hear about the NVC worker, but really I am not shocked. mad.gif I think they forget we are human beings, to them we are just a number and another call they got to take mad.gif! I about went crazy after each call to them, until finally I stopped calling and got my butt on an airplane Cairo bound. It is just awful this whole darn immigration process, for sure not for the meek of heart. Stay strong and stop calling those folks if I thought it would do any good I would tell you call day and night but in the end all it amounts to is more stress and feeling depressed. I actually wrote a topic on here after one of my many calls to the NVC it was such an awful time for me and my husband, so I know what your going thru. I see you were only a few weeks behind Ahmed and I applying, so trust me I know how you feel. By the way... good job on telling that guy off!!! good.gif Your not alone, all of us are here for you and are praying for the best. It never ceases to amaze me the love and concern I feel for each and every filer that comes thru, we are all connected thru this process. I am thankful for every person I have met on here and truly feel a close family connection here. Best wishes! Hang in there! heart.gifluv.gifrose.gif

Timeline

about Rami75 and jenny&mahmoud plz dont forget to sign in VJ 2omorrow and after 2morrow to tell us as soon as u got ur appointments to be known.

Because ur cases is the first 2 cases in our Wendy's List related to March completetion.

we will be here 2 here from u.. thanks

still no news...getting a little discouraged about this July 29th date.. :crying:

Timeline

NOTHING, ZIPP, NADA!!!!! This is so depressing. Really sucks. :crying:

im sorry u guys feel this way i wish i can help i saw how bad all of u were waiting here but its U.S government we r dealing with , they do not have a solid pattern for people to follow maybe it was the 29th last month but that doesnt mean it has to be exactly in the 29 of each month , might take few days more or maybe less but u cant just stop ur life waiting for an email when u deal with immgration stuff. However it is still 1pm here so friday is not over yet but if not today maybe will be monday .

i will pray for all of u cause u guys been waiting for so long just stay strong and it will be done soon i know it was a long lonley race but we all c the light at the end of the tunnel now and we r getting close to it so do not lose your hope or power now cause we still need it .

good bless all of us .

Edited by marymina119

Mina&Mariam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.