Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

how are you putting in the numbers

CRO2011------

do you use any spaces

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Hey all!

I just got my NOA2 (Elhamdulillah!!) and I was wondering is there still an interview backlog at the Cairo Embassy? How long should it take from NOA2 to Interview date for cairo??

Thanks!!

CONGRATS.

That question cannot be answered. I can tell you averages but some people take 3 weeks at NVC and some people stay there 1 year. NVC depends on how quickly you move.

Right now it is taking 1 month to even get the case number for most people. I have reasons to believe egypt will get their case numbers quicker then others. But it is just a guess.

Then if you have all the papers in the americans hands that NVC requires like I-864 and taxes and paychecks and maybe employment letter and all his original documents from egypt like birth cert, marriage cert,police cert and military cert and Ds-230 form filled out and sign page 1.

Then everyday you wait for your payment portal to be active so you can pay the

88 dollars for AOS or I-864 fee

next day you print off cover letter and send your 864

that same day you pay AOS fee or Ds-230 fee of 404 dollars

the next day you print off receipt page and send ds 230 package

or you can wait and send both off together and save money.

So, NVC is the ONLY step that is under your control. You can make it in 1 month or you can make it last 1 year.

If you get RFE it will add a few extra weeks on also

Good Luck

Please read LingChe's shortcuts to NVC.

The last interview I seen waited only 44 days from case complete till interview and that is kokylolo

So the spouse interview takes about 1-2 months waiting now but the fiance visa was up to 5-6 month wait time.

Now cairo has caught up on the backlog and everyone should get their interviews within2 months.

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

The interview content and the officer sound exactly like the one we had, must be the same person. We were also told the same about the AP, been right at 2 months now. Still undergoing processing according to DOS. Also just for the record our case took about 2 weeks to show up on the pending cases search. Here's to hoping for a February return to the States.

I am going to try to answer best I can but I wasn't with him at the interview...they made me sit close but not go up to the window.

How long was he at the embassy?

- We got there at 7 am there was a long line...got inside by about 7:15...they didn't start the CR processes until 7:30...He was 28th in the interview line. Anyways they finally started and by the time we were done I think it was 11:30. I was expecting to be there longer but seemed like they were getting through things alright that day. So 4.5 hours total.

How long did the CO interview take?

- The CO interview itself was about 10 minutes total is all I waited for him to come back.

What questions did they ask him?

- Here is what he told me.

1. How did you two meet.

2. Have you been married before

3. Has she been married before

4. How many times did she visit you

5. Did you have a big wedding

Then he showed her pics and said she seemed satisfied with that. I had a big album with both the first wedding and second along with a bunch of other pics of us together.

At the end did CO say congrats?

- Yes he said she told him congratulations you approved.

Did they say you will have AP or did he ask?

- Yes she to told him he is in AP but not to worry it's a common thing and they just need to do a name check.

Did they say how long to expect AP to last?

- She told him a month or 2 but that it's in Washington.

What sheet of paper did they give him at the end of the interview?

- She gave him this little sheet of the website to check the status of AP. She also wrote down his case number on it but told him it probably won't be updated for a couple of weeks.

Was it white? full sheet or half sheet?

- it was a half white sheet. (what's a full one?)

Did it state AP or AR and did it have checkmark areas where they wanted more papers?

- I honestly don't remember I think it said admin processing....No check marks for papers needed...they didn't even take the new police cert or ask about anything of the papers I printed.

Did you put your case number into cario AP site and is it working for you?

- I tried and it said it's still under processing and to please check back later...although I'm not sure I'm at the site the paper had. I left the paper in cairo.

Have you emailed embassy to confirm AP?

- No I took the counselor for her word...and the site seemed to confirm...when I read the paper it said contacting them before 4-6 weeks and asking questions slows down the process so I'm worried about asking anything.

Have you called DOS to see if namechecks are complete yet?

- No..but what is DOS?

What did the CO look like?

- He told me she was a blond young woman...that's all I know. He also said she seemed nice...she asked nothing about my family or his and I guess the wedding pics were enough in this case. I had a big pile of print outs and none were looked at but doesn't hurt to take them with anyways.

Hope that helps....It seems to be different by case and whether the person seems convincing. I also bet nerves play a part so stay calm and try to include detailed answers. Also if the spouse visits more than once it helps I don't think they like it if you just met once and married and that was that. The lady at the first window asked my hubby when I got my citizenship as well so it's good to know that detail.

Timeline

Can everyone please try and go to the embassy review section on the egypt portal and type up their interview experience and questons asked and wait time for visa.

Thank you

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Thought I'd share what my lawyer told me with you guys. He says AP is unpredictable which we all know. Very few cases are done in days and very few in long months. The average according to him is the 1-2 months they say. He told me it would slow down AP if he tried to do anything now (because it takes away from AP time). Once it gets beyond the 2 months he says there is some stuff they can do but didn't say what or whether it's a good idea. So guess waiting is the general answer.

Timeline

I just called DOS-----

I called DOS

she would not answer anything

and she became more angry each time i asked something

lol

I said I would like a case status update

she said please hold

i said ok

she came back 30 seconds later

and she said this is from cairo

this is for your husband

i said yes, yes

she said this case is still under review for administrative processing

I said is the case at dos

she said no

I said the case is still at the embassy?

she said We dont process any cases here ma'am

I said Does DOS perform the name checks?

She said I am not gonna go into all that ma'am

I said is his case being reviewed at DOS

She said cases are reviewed at the embassy

they are reviewed and denied at the embassy and this is under AP

I said well thank you for your time

bye

I am paying this witchs salary with my taxes. WTH. That was the most unhelpful line I have ever called.

I will call her again tomorrow. lol

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Togetherforever13, u are hilarious my friend... Lol I laughed so hard reading that last post...

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Timeline

magnoon gabbi federal worker.

I hope I get her tomorrow

I will be more prepared for her stubborness

I also laughed when i got off the phone. I was like...I waited for that? But if that is all she does is answer to phone to tell me nothing then I guess she will be doing everyday for the next 14 weeks.

Maha is so sweet and calm and patient and I am like a rabid Bull. lol

If I call again tomorrow i will update you all again.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Thought I'd share what my lawyer told me with you guys. He says AP is unpredictable which we all know. Very few cases are done in days and very few in long months. The average according to him is the 1-2 months they say. He told me it would slow down AP if he tried to do anything now (because it takes away from AP time). Once it gets beyond the 2 months he says there is some stuff they can do but didn't say what or whether it's a good idea. So guess waiting is the general answer.

Maha,

Can you ask your lawyer how calling a secretary at DOS affects the time the FBI-Federal agent who is reviewing the file?

It doesn't make sense to me.

The person answering the phone is not doing name checks.

FBI does name checks

and I am pretty sure answering the phone is beneath the FBI's job duty.

So, maybe the secretary will talk to the FBI and say go slow on their case cause she calls too much?

I do not know

But I am pretty sure they pay a secretary to answer the phones and pay the fbi big bucks to do name checks or background checks.

So, see if yor lawyer says that yes it slows it down because we make them angry with too many calls?

Thanks

My husband has been in AP a total of 11 days. So far He has called the embassy once

I have emailed the embassy 3 times

I have called DOS once

I have sent a email to the press at cairo asking them to send my email to the ambassador.

This is gonna be a long 3 months!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

I wanted to see what the embassy told others about their wait for the visa....

MARCH 2011

Tapas777 interview March 4, 2011-----Visa June 16, 2011------3.5 months of AP-she needed more papers for her child so she got it 1 month after gettng papers

samoray March 31, 2011-----------Visa June 21, 2011------almost 3 months AP-he was told about 1 month wait

April 2011

Candaceman April 7, 2011----------possibly still AP---no updated timeline-he was told 2 weeks---as of July he did not get it and not online since

Jenny ElSayed April 6, 2011-----------Visa April 11, 2011-------He got it in 5 days-he was told 2 weeks

July 2011

Katieomar July 11, 2011-------Visa Oct 6, 2011----almost 3 months AP-Just told APPROVED

August 2011

Engo 2/03/11------------ 8/03/11--VISA----------2 MONTHS AND 9 DAYS -told to check website in 1 month

Sept 2011

Jenn&mohamed(patientlywaiting) 9/19/11---------he got it in december and just told Approved with AP

om & abo Malik 9/15----------------VISA 2 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS LATER--he was told 2 weeks

CAMIANDaMIR-9/27 interview---------visa 10/23---------- VISA IN 1 MONTH-he was told 3-4 weeks

Jan 2010

Salah and Tonya (Mystic)interview Jan 21-2nd interview May 16. VISA Aug 23----over 3 months in AP after 2 interviews-never told approved, denied or AP...

Feb 2010

Lizz & Mohamed Interview Feb 18 DENIED. 2nd interview June 21, 2011---VISA 8/8/11---1.5 months AP-told 2 weeks

Life_in_heart feb 4-----June 1---------4 months AP-told 2 weeks

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Maha,

Can you ask your lawyer how calling a secretary at DOS affects the time the FBI-Federal agent who is reviewing the file?

It doesn't make sense to me.

The person answering the phone is not doing name checks.

FBI does name checks

and I am pretty sure answering the phone is beneath the FBI's job duty.

So, maybe the secretary will talk to the FBI and say go slow on their case cause she calls too much?

I do not know

But I am pretty sure they pay a secretary to answer the phones and pay the fbi big bucks to do name checks or background checks.

So, see if yor lawyer says that yes it slows it down because we make them angry with too many calls?

Thanks

My husband has been in AP a total of 11 days. So far He has called the embassy once

I have emailed the embassy 3 times

I have called DOS once

I have sent a email to the press at cairo asking them to send my email to the ambassador.

This is gonna be a long 3 months!

I'll ask him the chance I get and update he doesn't normally answer more than one email from me a day because I annoy him lol...,btw I'm not calm I'm internally freaking out. I'm personally on the fence about moving to Egypt because of not knowing when the end is...

Timeline

I'll ask him the chance I get and update he doesn't normally answer more than one email from me a day because I annoy him lol...,btw I'm not calm I'm internally freaking out. I'm personally on the fence about moving to Egypt because of not knowing when the end is...

Ohhhh do not freak out yet. And do not move yet. Look at the statistics. Most people get the visa between 2-3 months.

Just keep being patient. My husband and I have also spoken of what to do at the 3 month wait mark.... I need to be in the USA. I have a sick mom, grandma, children, a home, a great career. But ask me again in 3 months... I might go to Egypt because we could live a very good life in cairo but it is not the life I am used to. As a tourist it is great to visit for extended periods of time. But when I am there I miss getting in the car and going to the grocery store and driving to my moms. In Egypt he only drives. I have an international license but the first time I went there my car got injured 4 times and I kind of hit a few peoples hand or elbow... so I have been banned from egypt driving. lol

I have not injured my car or anyone in the USA!! lol

I keep thinking about how fast the last 8 months have passed. So, I believe the next few months will also pass quick and he will be here with me soon. Also, our processes went quicker then i expected and the interview was not a 6 month wait. So, this next 14 weeks will still be within the 1 year timeframe of my expectations. At this moment I am calm....check back in about 15 minutes...cause my mood is changing frequently.

You try and keep me calm and patient and I will try to keep you calm and patient. And together we will all get through this. Inshallah

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Ohhhh do not freak out yet. And do not move yet. Look at the statistics. Most people get the visa between 2-3 months.

Just keep being patient. My husband and I have also spoken of what to do at the 3 month wait mark.... I need to be in the USA. I have a sick mom, grandma, children, a home, a great career. But ask me again in 3 months... I might go to Egypt because we could live a very good life in cairo but it is not the life I am used to. As a tourist it is great to visit for extended periods of time. But when I am there I miss getting in the car and going to the grocery store and driving to my moms. In Egypt he only drives. I have an international license but the first time I went there my car got injured 4 times and I kind of hit a few peoples hand or elbow... so I have been banned from egypt driving. lol

I have not injured my car or anyone in the USA!! lol

I keep thinking about how fast the last 8 months have passed. So, I believe the next few months will also pass quick and he will be here with me soon. Also, our processes went quicker then i expected and the interview was not a 6 month wait. So, this next 14 weeks will still be within the 1 year timeframe of my expectations. At this moment I am calm....check back in about 15 minutes...cause my mood is changing frequently.You try and keep me calm and patient and I will try to keep you calm and patient. And together we will all get through this. Inshallah

:rofl: Me too!!! :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.