Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wanted to repost what nababdurrham wrote about AP so I can find it quicker

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

Ok, sorry I took so long. I still have a million and three things to do before my husband comes in about 25 hours inshaAllah, but I am taking the time out to write this. I can;t believe it's down to the hours now! Sorry if I hyped this up, I really hope this info is useful to you all. It is about my journey AFTER the interview. We were told 7-10 days, but it ended up being 39 days. Still thankful, but I wish they would have told us the truth like it will take a month...bcuz the days after 7-10 were up were hard to bare.

First of all, the department of state calls everything "Administrative Processing"...and every country does it differently. Some countries can take 40 different steps and some countries can take as little as 4 steps. Specifically in Egypt, Consular Officer Review is a part of AP (one of the last steps).... but if the embassy tells you that you are just under CO Review, then it is a much shorter process than the "Mandatory AP"...which usually takes 3 months from what I have gathered. I believe my case was NOT under mandatory AP bcuz I have been married just over 2 years so it's an IR1 visa as opposed to a CR1 visa.

Okay, so after your interview- we all saw that females that are approved go right to CO Review, which is supposed to take 7-10 days. Actually CO review takes just a second to do, but there are hundreds of visas that they do daily and YES, it IS the same consular that interviews you at window 15. After your interview, there are a few steps...

1. (possible AP)(1-6 months)

2. Consular officer review (7-10 days)

3. Visa issuance (printing the visa)

4. Clearance from the US (~7 days)

5. DHL (1-3 days)

6. Visa in hand yay!

7. Living happily ever after

Females go right into clearance after their interviews.

When people don't have papers it is a BIG delay in the case. The embassy does everything manually...which is incredibly dumb. So some CO officer's put recent cases that need to be reviewed or issued at the front of the pile (skipping cases ahead) and some officer's put the cases at the end of the pile or in the middle of the pile. My husband discovered that there was an issue with our case that had everything to do with the military papers being sent in later..but Alhamdulillah that was resolved, but it really delayed things a bit. I think if we had just had it present at the interview, we would have had the visa about 3 weeks ago..

Once the case is OK'ed by the CO that did your interview..just saying that all the papers are present and the relationship is indeed credible, then it is in the line for issuance/printing. Once that is done, the embassy has to send the case for a final round, which is called "clearance". I think this is pretty much sending papers to the US so that when the beneficiary travels, he or she is recognized and in the system. This process usually takes a week.

So my thoughts to you all...first thing is do NOT forget any papers when you go in for your interview. Yea, it's not a big deal in the sense that you will still be approved if you send papers in--but it will delay things.

Second, know the process and know what to ask. I found the Dept of state to be SUCH a waste, they only provide very generic answers. Once out of AP, and in the CO Review stage, make sure to email the embassy frequently: Consularcairoiv@state.gov. They usually respond within 2 days. Make sure to include the case number. Better than emailing is calling the embassy: 01120227972200. Make sure to ask questions. I asked questions like

where is my case now?

when can i expect that the visa will be issued?

why is this step taking so long?

when will you forward the case to DHL?

Don't feel bad about asking questions. It is your right. If the case is approved, and out of AP...ask questions. Pressure them a bit. Ask them if they can make sure that your case is taken care of. A lot of times if the case is waiting for papers to complete, the case is misplaced and ignored for a while. Make sure your case is in line for the next step.

and by the way, i guess the embassy sometimes tells people that call in that the case is with DHL before it really is to get them off of their case. So make sure that you call DHL or check the website to see if its true. When you call the embassy, a lady will answer-I have experienced 3 different ladies...one is cold, one is okay, and one is friendly and helpful. Make sure you tell them to check the case...they should put you on hold and go check the file. Call a few days in a row, you can get various answers and come to your own conclusions. The downside is that the wait is long when you call...Dial 1 for english then 1 again to talk about visas and the phone rings for a while..i have experienced wait times ranging from 10 minutes to 25 minutes. Also, have your husbands call because it is a local call for them AND the ladies that answer are Egyptian and my husband said they were friendly with him and able to tell him useful and accurate info regarding his case.

Once the visa is issued and the case is cleared, the passport and some papers are out of the embassy's hands and given to DHL. The day that your passport is given to DHL, it is updated on their website, Egypt time was like midnight and finally delivered at 2pm the next day. A few times a week they update on the DHL website (while the passport is with the embassy) saying "Scheduled for Delivery as agreed". but finally, when the embassy hands the passport to DHL, it says

Arrived at Sort Facility Cairo Egypt (it means its in DHL's possession)

Processed at Cairo Egypt

Departed Facility in Cairo Egypt (this means it left Garden City, Cairo)

Arrived at Delivery Facility in Cairo Egypt (this means it has arrived at whichever city delivers to the address..in our case Nasr City, Cairo)

With Delivery courier (this means it is out for delivery)

Signed by ______(this means VISA IN HAND!! woooohoooo)

For now that is all that I can think of. I hope this was of help to you all. Maybe you all knew this, but all of this info was new to me and part of my learning experience. I will be on another journey to invite my husbands sister and mother to the US as visitors to attend the wedding this summer. After this journey, I'm sure that will be a piece of cake inshaAllah.

If any of you don't understand, then message me. I will never forget the support I got on this site and I will never forget my visajourney that had such a great ending. I would love to help as much as I can. May all of your happy days be in front of you and last forever. Take care

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Oh and one more thing, if your case is under AP for a while, then you should email ccea@state.gov and tell them your case number and briefly explain what is going on with your case...they may be able to push things forward for you. Only email them if your AP exceeds 6 weeks...so that they take it seriously.

Haha, Naba had such good info that I copied it into a Word file back when she sent it. I figured I'd need it for quick reference later.

Thanks for the motivating words togetherforever13!!! I hope we all get our NOA2's soon... Although, according to Paisman, CSC's current bulk processing is on or around July 18 NOA1's... Do these recent NOA2's from Egyptians include expedited petitions? My estimated VJ timeline predicts adjudication between Feb 25 to May 1 and that date range keeps getting wider and more delayed :'( I know it's only an estimate, but it does indicate how backed up CSC is...

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all,

togetherforever13 so many thanks dear for ur answer and I hope that ur AP will be done soon.

at the interview I replied all the consular officer's questions correctly and she gave me a full white sheet with checkmark areas where they wanted more papers and she put a tick on Proof of relationship and I sent them all e mails , letters , cards and photos but I did not send any phone bills as I have a credit one .

but my wife has not visited Egypt since she left it was about 2 years and half.

by the way I sent them all the letters and cards and photoes so what do u expect about other things needed if there will be another interview. I hope that there will not be any other interviews.

God bless you all

Edited by wghabour

Timeline

none of those 2 NOA2 were expedited. they filed 1 month before you.

All I do is study timelines and processing times....many things. I love numbers. But even more so I love to predict. After I look at the numbers I studied then I try to FEEL what the next interview will be set or the next BATCH of NOA2 to come or many other stupid things that only I find interesting. LOOOl but I choose to torture my egyptians VJ members with my endless data collections.

And I predict your NOA2 will be here within 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

If you look through this thread you will see my predictions are usually only off by 2-3 days. I hope I am right again!!

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

She MUST get her butt back to Egypt!!

Tell her to come now or wait for the interview but I think if she comes now for 1 week it will be better in your case.

Cairo seems to think Americans should visit about 3 months total time together to issue the visas easily.

If she is unable to make it to egypt due to medical reasons then get her doctor to write it for her and send it to you that she is Unable to travel due to health reasons.

If she has kids and that makes her unable to travel then have her come for 2-3 days during the next interview. She has to have someone family or friend who can help her in this important time.

And she should have you on somethings in the USA.

Magazine subscriptions in both your names

Mail from her family to her and YOU mailed to her home (like christmas cards or birthday invitations. She needs some things to prove this is not a hidden relationship.

And the CO's know if either of you have wrote other people or if you have 2 girlfriends or boyfriends. I am NOT saying this is true of ither of you. I just want you both prepared for the worst kind of questions.

If you do not have anymore stuff. You will have a hard time getting the visa. They have to see a real relationship and if she has not been here in years then it is seen as not real or valid by them. Yes, they are allowed to judge cause it is their job.

I do not know how you survived without seeing each other? I am visiting mne as often as I can. My phone bills are enormous so I have proof that is easy for the embassy to find.

Good Luck

You have a lot to prepare for.

Maybe they are just reviewing the proof you just sent and then they will find that good enough and send the visa but start getting ready now for another interview. If she has not seen you in that long they want another interview.

The bad part is some people go to AP, then AR then CR then back to AP...I hope that doesn't happen to you

and please edit your timeline. What is a F2f visa? What are you applying for? Now I am so confused.

Please edit your timeline.

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Is she egyptian? Is she muslim and you won't allow her to travel alone? If that is the case then ALLOW her to travel and Allah will forgive. This is important.

People are helping you with facts we collect from others timelines. The least you can do is give up your information to help others.

thank you

Am I helping someone commit some kind of fraud?

i am starting to believe yes I am

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/340500-proof-of-relationship/page__view__findpost__p__5028496

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: Timeline

Is she egyptian? Is she muslim and you won't allow her to travel alone? If that is the case then ALLOW her to travel and Allah will forgive. This is important.

People are helping you with facts we collect from others timelines. The least you can do is give up your information to help others.

thank you

Am I helping someone commit some kind of fraud?

i am starting to believe yes I am

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/340500-proof-of-relationship/page__view__findpost__p__5028496

Who are you replying to?

Timeline

wghabour

see his nov 29th thread after HIS nov 22nd interview

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Eza Hassan is up next for his interview on the 30th! Lets all keep them in ur thoughts and prayers.

Good Luck Hassan!

1.Wendy<Ahmed-----------------Oct 2, 2011---He is still waiting for Visa

2.Cami & Eslam(luv4eslam)-----Nov 13, 2011 He put his visa on hold for maybe a year to stay in egypt-MAN

3.Nababdurrahman -------------Nov 20, 2011- told within 7-10 days after more papers------------- HE GOT IT IN 39 DAYS

4.Mero Rob -------------------Nov 22, 2011 -needed to send more papers----------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 44 DAYS

5.wghabour-interview ---------Nov 22 more papers needed -MAN

6.Tp1986 ---------------------Nov 22, 2011 needed more papers-MAN--------------------------------------HE GOT IT 65 DAYS

7.Rami & Yosra----------------Nov 29, 2011 Told you will get it in 7---------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

8.Aly174 ---------------------Dec 1, 2011-was told possibly 1-2 weeks MALE

9.pyramids -------------------Dec 4, 2011 -told within 1 week------------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

10.TamerA --------------------Dec 6, 2011 She was Told 1-2 weeks-------------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

11.Marymina119 ----------------Dec. 8, 2011- told approx 1 week ---------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

12.Yesterdaysrain23 -------------Dec 11, 2011-more papers-MALE

13.Zawgyosama -------------------Dec 13, 2011-more evidence needed. MALE

14.(Ruby56) Bev&Hadi ------------Dec 14, 2011-more papers needed Man

15.MagdaEssam(habibi83) ---------Dec 15, 2011-told 10days -2 weeks max---------------------------HE GOT IT IN 14 DAYS

16.Stu_Mathews interview---------Dec 14 told he will get it in 10 days----------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

17.Lina Tarek(jralsibai)---------Dec 19, 2011-----NO UPDATES-IT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR AN UPDATE

18 Sherif23 ---------------------Dec 21, 2011-He was told 2 weeks--------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 20 DAYS

19 keko -------------------------NO UPDATES-IT WOULD BE SO NICE FOR YOU TO UPDATE US

20 Mohamed1980 ------------------Jan 5, 2012-She was told in 1 week-----------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 13 DAYS

21 MahaAhmed --------------------Jan 9, 2012 HE GOT APPROVED with AP

22 bondokw5o5a4ever--------------Jan 9, 2012 SHE WAS TOLD 7 DAYS TILL SHE GETS THE VISA

23 Soza Joe----------------------Jan 11, 2012-SHE-told she will get it within 7 days and--------SHE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS

24 madanisgirl ------------------Jan 12, 2012-HE-----Approved told AP 1-6 weeks

25 merorafo22 -------------------Jan 12, 2012-SHE GOT APPROVED----------------------------------SHE GOT VISA IN 12 DAYS

26 CarolBasha (and Ahmed) -------Jan 17, 2012-HE-APPROVED Visa in 1 month after more papers.

27.Togetherforever13 ------------Jan 19, 2012-HE APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP

28.AhmedAnna---------------------Jan 19, 2012--------------------------------------------------HE GOT THE VISA IN 7 DAYS

29.Emad Desouky -----------------Jan 19, 2012-HE-APPROVED-SUBMIT MORE PAPERS

30.mer&damby308 -----------------Jan 22, 2012-HE APPROVED!! HE WAS TOLD 3 WEEKS

31.mariekemo --------------------Jan 24, 2012-HE APPROVED-more papers and wait 15 days

32.Ezra Hassan ------------------Jan 30, 2012-HE---------------------GOOD LUCK ON THE 30TH AT YOUR INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

33.Kokylolo----------------------Feb 13, 2012-HE

34.J.G.I (Sarah and John DCF FILERS)----------Feb 21, 2012-HE

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Hi all,

togetherforever13 so many thanks dear for ur answer and I hope that ur AP will be done soon.

at the interview I replied all the consular officer's questions correctly and she gave me a full white sheet with checkmark areas where they wanted more papers and she put a tick on Proof of relationship and I sent them all e mails , letters , cards and photos but I did not send any phone bills as I have a credit one .

but my wife has not visited Egypt since she left it was about 2 years and half.

by the way I sent them all the letters and cards and photoes so what do u expect about other things needed if there will be another interview. I hope that there will not be any other interviews.

God bless you all

If they find out your relationship is fraudulant then you will get a lifetime ban from USA and she could get 10 years in prison and a fee of 250,000 dollars.

I hope you guys can prove your relationship to them.

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

I am going to try to answer best I can but I wasn't with him at the interview...they made me sit close but not go up to the window.

How long was he at the embassy?

- We got there at 7 am there was a long line...got inside by about 7:15...they didn't start the CR processes until 7:30...He was 28th in the interview line. Anyways they finally started and by the time we were done I think it was 11:30. I was expecting to be there longer but seemed like they were getting through things alright that day. So 4.5 hours total.

How long did the CO interview take?

- The CO interview itself was about 10 minutes total is all I waited for him to come back.

What questions did they ask him?

- Here is what he told me.

1. How did you two meet.

2. Have you been married before

3. Has she been married before

4. How many times did she visit you

5. Did you have a big wedding

Then he showed her pics and said she seemed satisfied with that. I had a big album with both the first wedding and second along with a bunch of other pics of us together.

At the end did CO say congrats?

- Yes he said she told him congratulations you approved.

Did they say you will have AP or did he ask?

- Yes she to told him he is in AP but not to worry it's a common thing and they just need to do a name check.

Did they say how long to expect AP to last?

- She told him a month or 2 but that it's in Washington.

What sheet of paper did they give him at the end of the interview?

- She gave him this little sheet of the website to check the status of AP. She also wrote down his case number on it but told him it probably won't be updated for a couple of weeks.

Was it white? full sheet or half sheet?

- it was a half white sheet. (what's a full one?)

Did it state AP or AR and did it have checkmark areas where they wanted more papers?

- I honestly don't remember I think it said admin processing....No check marks for papers needed...they didn't even take the new police cert or ask about anything of the papers I printed.

Did you put your case number into cario AP site and is it working for you?

- I tried and it said it's still under processing and to please check back later...although I'm not sure I'm at the site the paper had. I left the paper in cairo.

Have you emailed embassy to confirm AP?

- No I took the counselor for her word...and the site seemed to confirm...when I read the paper it said contacting them before 4-6 weeks and asking questions slows down the process so I'm worried about asking anything.

Have you called DOS to see if namechecks are complete yet?

- No..but what is DOS?

What did the CO look like?

- He told me she was a blond young woman...that's all I know. He also said she seemed nice...she asked nothing about my family or his and I guess the wedding pics were enough in this case. I had a big pile of print outs and none were looked at but doesn't hurt to take them with anyways.

Hope that helps....It seems to be different by case and whether the person seems convincing. I also bet nerves play a part so stay calm and try to include detailed answers. Also if the spouse visits more than once it helps I don't think they like it if you just met once and married and that was that. The lady at the first window asked my hubby when I got my citizenship as well so it's good to know that detail.

Timeline

I am going to try to answer best I can but I wasn't with him at the interview...they made me sit close but not go up to the window.

How long was he at the embassy?

- We got there at 7 am there was a long line...got inside by about 7:15...they didn't start the CR processes until 7:30...He was 28th in the interview line. Anyways they finally started and by the time we were done I think it was 11:30. I was expecting to be there longer but seemed like they were getting through things alright that day. So 4.5 hours total.

How long did the CO interview take?

- The CO interview itself was about 10 minutes total is all I waited for him to come back.

What questions did they ask him?

- Here is what he told me.

1. How did you two meet.

2. Have you been married before

3. Has she been married before

4. How many times did she visit you

5. Did you have a big wedding

Then he showed her pics and said she seemed satisfied with that. I had a big album with both the first wedding and second along with a bunch of other pics of us together.

At the end did CO say congrats?

- Yes he said she told him congratulations you approved.

Did they say you will have AP or did he ask?

- Yes she to told him he is in AP but not to worry it's a common thing and they just need to do a name check.

Did they say how long to expect AP to last?

- She told him a month or 2 but that it's in Washington.

What sheet of paper did they give him at the end of the interview?

- She gave him this little sheet of the website to check the status of AP. She also wrote down his case number on it but told him it probably won't be updated for a couple of weeks.

Was it white? full sheet or half sheet?

- it was a half white sheet. (what's a full one?)

Did it state AP or AR and did it have checkmark areas where they wanted more papers?

- I honestly don't remember I think it said admin processing....No check marks for papers needed...they didn't even take the new police cert or ask about anything of the papers I printed.

Did you put your case number into cario AP site and is it working for you?

- I tried and it said it's still under processing and to please check back later...although I'm not sure I'm at the site the paper had. I left the paper in cairo.

Have you emailed embassy to confirm AP?

- No I took the counselor for her word...and the site seemed to confirm...when I read the paper it said contacting them before 4-6 weeks and asking questions slows down the process so I'm worried about asking anything.

Have you called DOS to see if namechecks are complete yet?

- No..but what is DOS?

What did the CO look like?

- He told me she was a blond young woman...that's all I know. He also said she seemed nice...she asked nothing about my family or his and I guess the wedding pics were enough in this case. I had a big pile of print outs and none were looked at but doesn't hurt to take them with anyways.

Hope that helps....It seems to be different by case and whether the person seems convincing. I also bet nerves play a part so stay calm and try to include detailed answers. Also if the spouse visits more than once it helps I don't think they like it if you just met once and married and that was that. The lady at the first window asked my hubby when I got my citizenship as well so it's good to know that detail.

Thanks for sharing. DOS is the Department of State, FYI...

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Timeline

Now I am concerned and confused.

Maha,

When did the AP website show in process?

Mine just case not found but it has not been 2 weeks for me yet. He got a FULL sheet of white paper with the CRO number handwritten on it.

My husband sheet did not say AP-says AR twice. And it did not say do not contact us cause ut slows the process...I will ask him again cause I do nt remember if it was on there.

I just called him and his says start checking the website in 2 weeks.

Thank you for answering the questions. It really helps so much. I appreciate it. I hope he gets done soon!!!! and comes to usa soon!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Now I am concerned and confused.

Maha,

When did the AP website show in process?

Mine just case not found but it has not been 2 weeks for me yet. He got a FULL sheet of white paper with the CRO number handwritten on it.

My husband sheet did not say AP-says AR twice. And it did not say do not contact us cause ut slows the process...I will ask him again cause I do nt remember if it was on there.

I just called him and his says start checking the website in 2 weeks.

Thank you for answering the questions. It really helps so much. I appreciate it. I hope he gets done soon!!!! and comes to usa soon!!

There is an AP website? I just went to embassy site and went to visa part of it...maybe I'm in the wrong place?

Timeline

There is an AP website? I just went to embassy site and went to visa part of it...maybe I'm in the wrong place?

the embassy site of pending cases

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

the embassy site of pending cases

this is where I go http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/ivstatus.html

his interview was on the 9th an I only checked recently and it says the following:

"Your case is still under processing. Please keep checking the website for updates."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.