Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wghabour!! I want to hear that your passport is delivered or on its way to you!! Please tell us when it comes. I am always praying for you.

And Thank you!

I have called the embassy today at 1,30 pm my time and the woman who replied told me that my case is on administrative processing I hope that it will be done soon .

3 weeks ago I called and one of them told me that they r waiting for the reply from Washington I think it is name check.

I keep praying for that all of the time and I pray for all of us to get good news soon.

God bless you all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATS to Mohamed and marwa-Her visa was delivered the 18th!!! Welcome to AMerica Marwa!

1.Wendy<Ahmed-----------------Oct 2, 2011---He is still waiting for Visa

2.Cami & Eslam(luv4eslam)-----Nov 13, 2011 He put his visa on hold for maybe a year to stay in egypt-MAN

3.Nababdurrahman -------------Nov 20, 2011- told within 7-10 days after more papers------------- HE GOT IT IN 39 DAYS

4.Mero Rob -------------------Nov 22, 2011 -needed to send more papers-------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 44 DAYS

5.wghabour-interview ---------Nov 22 more papers needed -MAN

6.Tp1986 ---------------------Nov 22, 2011 needed more papers-MAN

7.Rami & Yosra----------------Nov 29, 2011 Told you will get it in 7---------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

8.Aly174 ---------------------Dec 1, 2011-was told possibly 1-2 weeks MALE

9.pyramids -------------------Dec 4, 2011 -told within 1 week------------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

10.TamerA --------------------Dec 6, 2011 She was Told 1-2 weeks-------------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

11.Marymina119 ----------------Dec. 8, 2011- told approx 1 week ---------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

12.Yesterdaysrain23 -------------Dec 11, 2011-more papers-MALE

13.Zawgyosama -------------------Dec 13, 2011-more evidence needed. MALE

14.(Ruby56) Bev&Hadi ------------Dec 14, 2011-more papers needed Man

15.MagdaEssam(habibi83) ---------Dec 15, 2011-told 10days -2 weeks max---------------------------HE GOT IT IN 14 DAYS!!

16.Stu_Mathews interview---------Dec 14 told he will get it in 10 days

17.Lina Tarek(jralsibai)---------Dec 19, 2011-----NO UPDATES

18 Sherif23 ---------------------Dec 21, 2011-He was told 2 weeks--------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 20 DAYS!!!!!!

19 keko --------------NO UPDATES-IT WOULD BE SO NICE FOR YOU TO UPDATE US

20 Mohamed1980 ------------------Jan 5, 2012-She was told in 1 week-----------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 13 DAYS!!!! CONGRATS

21 MahaAhmed --------------------Jan 9, 2012 HE GOT APPROVED with AP

22 bondokw5o5a4ever--------------Jan 9, 2012 SHE WAS TOLD 7 DAYS TILL SHE GETS THE VISA

23 Soza Joe----------------------Jan 11, 2012-SHE-told she will get it within 7 days and--------SHE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS!!!

24 madanisgirl ------------------Jan 12, 2012-HE-----Approved told AP 1-6 weeks

25 merorafo22 -------------------Jan 12, 2012-?-IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU WOULD UPDATE US

26 CarolBasha (and Ahmed) -------Jan 17, 2012-HE-APPROVED Visa in 1 month after more papers.

27.Togetherforever13 ------------Jan 19, 2012-HE GOOD LUCK ON INTERVIEW THURSDAY

28.Emad Desouky -----------------Jan 19, 2012-HE-GOOD LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!

29.mer&damby308 -----------------Jan 22, 2012-HE

30.mariekemo --------------------Jan 24, 2012-HE

31.Ezra Hassan ------------------Jan 30, 2012-HE

32.Kokylolo----------------------Feb 13, 2012-HE -46 day wait for an interview. oh yeah!!!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Hi all,

I cannot sleep. I am too excited and happy for the interview to come.

I got a VJ email today that said my husband is a bad egyptian man because he could not call someone and offer advice and she feels sorry for the type of husband I have. Also, that I was confused on the advice I gave her. She waited till the day of my husbands interview to send me her message. It could have been sent 5 days ago. Coincidence? hmmmmm

The question was how did my husband get his military exempt form. My husband has gone every 3 years and gotten a 3 year waiver. I do not know how. This last time he went he brought our marriage cert to see if that would give him a permenant exempt. It did not but he got the exempt anyhow.

I try to help people. I call people on the phone in egypt or usa and tell them what I know or have seen. My husband is a more private person. He has called people also and tried to help them. But he knew he could not help the egyptian to get the military exempt so he felt he would look stupid calling him.

So, to all people, I am sorry if you feel my thoughts or beliefs or research is wrong. My intentions are never to hurt anyone and always be helpful in anyway I can. I like to pretend I am the Egyptian VJ cheerleader and make sure everyone knows they are thought of when they go to the interview and when they are waiting their visa they are prayed for.

I would still like to help answer her question so if any of you know how your husband was able to get his exempt form please post it here and I am sure she will read it. I wish no bad to anyone of us. I have love and respect for everyone.

Good Luck to everyone.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I cannot sleep. I am too excited and happy for the interview to come.

I got a VJ email today that said my husband is a bad egyptian man because he could not call someone and offer advice and she feels sorry for the type of husband I have. Also, that I was confused on the advice I gave her. She waited till the day of my husbands interview to send me her message. It could have been sent 5 days ago. Coincidence? hmmmmm

The question was how did my husband get his military exempt form. My husband has gone every 3 years and gotten a 3 year waiver. I do not know how. This last time he went he brought our marriage cert to see if that would give him a permenant exempt. It did not but he got the exempt anyhow.

I try to help people. I call people on the phone in egypt or usa and tell them what I know or have seen. My husband is a more private person. He has called people also and tried to help them. But he knew he could not help the egyptian to get the military exempt so he felt he would look stupid calling him.

So, to all people, I am sorry if you feel my thoughts or beliefs or research is wrong. My intentions are never to hurt anyone and always be helpful in anyway I can. I like to pretend I am the Egyptian VJ cheerleader and make sure everyone knows they are thought of when they go to the interview and when they are waiting their visa they are prayed for.

I would still like to help answer her question so if any of you know how your husband was able to get his exempt form please post it here and I am sure she will read it. I wish no bad to anyone of us. I have love and respect for everyone.

Good Luck to everyone.

I am so excited for you!!! I am sure everything will go very well.... and forget about the negative email. Sometimes you just need to see that it is a reflection of them and pray for their own peace. Many blessings to you and your family at this time. I wish you the best! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Timeline

I agree. Don't think about anyone or anything on ur day (I know it's around 7:20 am in Egypt now and u guys are probably at the embassy)... FOR ONCE focus on yourself!!! You help us all and have brought and kept many of us in contact by continuing this thread. Whoever can't see that is blind. You can't move heaven and earth for anyone. All you can do is give and share your experiences and advice. Some people just need someone to blame unfortunately. Sending good vibes your way. :) take care!!!

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Timeline

Thank you my friends!!

My daughter and I are back from the embassy and it was 730. We showed up at 7 and there were 100 people in one line....they said we could not enter. Dang it. lol

I had wrote the embassy an email a few weeks ago to make sure my 13 year old daughter could enter with my husband and me. They wrote back yes she can attend the intervew with you.

So, he showed them the email, they took it in the back and returned with a sheet that stated the NEW RULE of no American Petitioners allowed with the beneficiary into the embassy. So we said thank you and walked 40 seconds back to our hotel (Shepheards Hotel) and now we will wait for him to return.

And please the person I spoke of earlier really needs help. He got his visa. He got his plane ticket and it is n a few days. But the military is saying he cannot get an exempt form and must do his 3 years first. He is like 27 years old I think.

Does anyone know how he can get this exempt form? I do not know how he got a visa without it but she really needs to know how to help him get the exempt form so he can fly to USA soon.

Thanks for any assistance that you can give.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Approved with 14 weeks of washington AP

Husband was at embassy at 7am in a suit and tie. So handsome! and there were 100 people in a line waiting. He went into embassy at 735am He was number 628. He waited 2 hours to be called to egyptian lady speaking arabic. His papers were in a yellow folder and a yellow sheet of paper was on top

She asked one question. How long you been married.

He went and paid DHL

He waited another 2 hours

CO was a american woman light brown hair with glasses

She asked many questions.

Were you married before?

Was she married before?

How did you know you loved her?

What is the evolution of your relationship?

Did you ever travel to usa or anywhere before.

Does she have kids

Did you meet her kids

Did she meet your family

Did you have a wedding party-asked 3 times

DId your dad buy her any gifts-asked about 2-3 times

SHow me your favorite picture of her with family-he showed us with his parents in a thick phto album.

I sent pics with I-130 of his cousins engagement party where we dressed up but i labeled them as cousins engagement party

When did you first meet

Did she come to egypt to meet you only or visit egypt and you

How many visits did she make

When was the last visit?

She then said Congratulations on your visa and she handed him a white sheet of paper with nvc number and embassy website

He said Am I in AP?

She said What?

He said Am I in AP?

SHe said what is AP?

He said admiinstrative processing

She said yes

He said in Washington or here at the embassy?

She said in Washington

and you can track it with this number in 14 weeks.

So, I think it may be a long time before my husband comes to me. I guess I will be coming back to Egypt for a visit in a few months again. More Koushary for me!!!

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Congrats togetherforever!!! The AP is inevitable but we knew that going in. It's the first time though that I hear a time frame put on it like "14 weeks". Maybe the embassy is learning to be more communicative. Lol... It's the best news we could've hoped for. Yay!!! :)

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

NVC

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Timeline

Congratulations! I am so happy for you...welcome to the AP club...his interview sounds very similar to ours..our latest news is DOS told him yesterday when he called that the case is still undergoing mandatory processing but to call back early next week...fingers crossed :unsure:

Husband was at embassy at 7am in a suit and tie. So handsome! and there were 100 people in a line waiting. He went into embassy at 735am He was number 628. He waited 2 hours to be called to egyptian lady speaking arabic. His papers were in a yellow folder and a yellow sheet of paper was on top

He went and paid DHL

Were you married before?

Was she married before?

Does she have kids

Did you meet her kids

Did she meet your family

SHow me your favorite picture of her with family-he showed us with his parents in a thick phto album.

I sent pics with I-130 of his cousins engagement party where we dressed up but i labeled them as cousins engagement party

When did you first meet

When was the last visit?

She then said Congratulations on your visa and she handed him a white sheet of paper with nvc number and embassy website

He said Am I in AP?

She said What?

He said Am I in AP?

SHe said what is AP?

She said yes

She said in Washington

So, I think it may be a long time before my husband comes to me. I guess I will be coming back to Egypt for a visit in a few months again. More Koushary for me!!!

Timeline

I forgot to add the dhl receipt has his name spelled wrong and his province spelled Lourant instead of Louran.

Does anyone know if this causes a problem or how do I fix it?

I am actually happy she did not say 1-2 weeks and then make me crazy for 3.5 months waiting in AP. SO I hope she was honest and gave a true answer. I do not like guesing games. lol

Thank you

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Although he's in Cairo, my husband LOVES Alexandria. The whole neighborhood/province thing in Egypt still confuses me. Never know what to call them. I've never heard of Louran though. I've been to Miami, Sporting, 3agamy, and ma3moora...

I don't know about this guys military exemption issue. My husband is the same age as this guy and he did his 3 year serve. He also told me the government needed the men to serve 3 years at the time instead of just the usual 1 year. Guess he was right since they want 3 from this guy as well. How did they get the visa without it anyway??? Makes you wonder the way we jump through hoops to get every document in order and something like this gets through o_O I don't have a solution but I'll ask my husband maybe he knows something about the exemptions.

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

NVC

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Timeline

Update:

I received this e-mail this morning after inquiring about my husband's case:

The visa was printed today, he should expect to receive it shortly via DHL.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

NI

I'm very excited and thank you again everyone. Togetherforever13, I wish you the best. I'm sure that the mandatory AP won't take too long. Again, thank you all.

Timeline

Update:

I received this e-mail this morning after inquiring about my husband's case:

The visa was printed today, he should expect to receive it shortly via DHL.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

NI

I'm very excited and thank you again everyone. Togetherforever13, I wish you the best. I'm sure that the mandatory AP won't take too long. Again, thank you all.

Whew Hoo!!!! Congrats!! I am so happy that another one got it. We need to get the visas in everyones hands so this list can get shorter and we all can be with our loved ones.

Congratulations! I am so happy for you...welcome to the AP club...his interview sounds very similar to ours..our latest news is DOS told him yesterday when he called that the case is still undergoing mandatory processing but to call back early next week...fingers crossed :unsure:

Thank God. It sounds like some progress is being made in your case. I hope he gets the visa soon. Are you still in alex or back in USA?

Keep us posted when he gets the passport delivered please!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: Timeline

He went and paid DHL

Were you married before?

Was she married before?

Does she have kids

Did you meet her kids

Did she meet your family

When did you first meet

When was the last visit?

He said Am I in AP?

She said What?

He said Am I in AP?

SHe said what is AP?

She said yes

She said in Washington

Congrats on the approval! I wish you a speedy AP!

Timeline

Congrats Emad Desouky for his approval thursday!!!!

1.Wendy<Ahmed-----------------Oct 2, 2011---He is still waiting for Visa

2.Cami & Eslam(luv4eslam)-----Nov 13, 2011 He put his visa on hold for maybe a year to stay in egypt-MAN

3.Nababdurrahman -------------Nov 20, 2011- told within 7-10 days after more papers------------- HE GOT IT IN 39 DAYS :dance:

4.Mero Rob -------------------Nov 22, 2011 -needed to send more papers-------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 44 DAYS :dance:

5.wghabour-interview ---------Nov 22 more papers needed -MAN

6.Tp1986 ---------------------Nov 22, 2011 needed more papers-MAN-IT IS ON ITS WAY!!!! :dance:

7.Rami & Yosra----------------Nov 29, 2011 Told you will get it in 7---------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS :dance:

8.Aly174 ---------------------Dec 1, 2011-was told possibly 1-2 weeks MALE

9.pyramids -------------------Dec 4, 2011 -told within 1 week------------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS :dance:

10.TamerA --------------------Dec 6, 2011 She was Told 1-2 weeks-------------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS :dance:

11.Marymina119 ----------------Dec. 8, 2011- told approx 1 week ---------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS :dance:

12.Yesterdaysrain23 -------------Dec 11, 2011-more papers-MALE

13.Zawgyosama -------------------Dec 13, 2011-more evidence needed. MALE

14.(Ruby56) Bev&Hadi ------------Dec 14, 2011-more papers needed Man

15.MagdaEssam(habibi83) ---------Dec 15, 2011-told 10days -2 weeks max---------------------------HE GOT IT IN 14 DAYS!! :dance:

16.Stu_Mathews interview---------Dec 14 told he will get it in 10 days

17.Lina Tarek(jralsibai)---------Dec 19, 2011-----NO UPDATES

18 Sherif23 ---------------------Dec 21, 2011-He was told 2 weeks--------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 20 DAYS!!!!!! :dance:

19 keko -------------------------NO UPDATES-IT WOULD BE SO NICE FOR YOU TO UPDATE US :ranting:

20 Mohamed1980 ------------------Jan 5, 2012-She was told in 1 week-----------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 13 DAYS!!!! :dance:

21 MahaAhmed --------------------Jan 9, 2012 HE GOT APPROVED with AP

22 bondokw5o5a4ever--------------Jan 9, 2012 SHE WAS TOLD 7 DAYS TILL SHE GETS THE VISA

23 Soza Joe----------------------Jan 11, 2012-SHE-told she will get it within 7 days and--------SHE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS!!! :dance:

24 madanisgirl ------------------Jan 12, 2012-HE-----Approved told AP 1-6 weeks

25 merorafo22 -------------------Jan 12, 2012-?-IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU WOULD UPDATE US :ranting:

26 CarolBasha (and Ahmed) -------Jan 17, 2012-HE-APPROVED Visa in 1 month after more papers.

27.Togetherforever13 ------------Jan 19, 2012-HE APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP :angry::reading::crying:

28.Emad Desouky -----------------Jan 19, 2012-HE-APPROVED-SUBMIT MORE PAPERS :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

29.mer&damby308 -----------------Jan 22, 2012-HE

30.mariekemo --------------------Jan 24, 2012-HE

31.Ezra Hassan ------------------Jan 30, 2012-HE

32.Kokylolo----------------------Feb 13, 2012-HE

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.