Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey all,

They updated the embassy interview schedule today.

I found my number but it is not listed as Egypt. It is listed as a country called SARB. Ghareeb

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Hi all,

I had my interview on Nov 22 2011 and it is IR1 visa and the consular officer asked me to send proof of relationship and I sent that by dhl on Nov 23 2011 and they got it on Nov 27 2011 and I have not heard from the embassy yet?? does that mean that my case is on AP ?? did anyone who have his interview in Nov got visa??

so many thanks

So far only women have gotten their visa from November. They asked others for more documents. There is another man on here that had interview the same day as you. The wife calls the embassy everyday and DOS I think. Hopefully she will be online later today and give you a better idea of who you should be calling for updates.

Also, you need to ask if you are waiting Counselor review or if you are in AP.

There is an area on embassy website that you can type in your number to see if you are in AP also.

It would be very helpful if you could edit your timeline in your profile. Add the date you sent the application and the date of your interview. And any other dates you remember please. This is how we get information so that when people ask questions we can give them good answers. Thanks

Good Luck

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all,

when I try to check the status of my case on the site of the american embassy in Cairo it keeps saying

We were not able to identify Case # ----------, Please make sure you have entered your Case Number correctly.

I do not understand that. does that mean that my case is in AP?? or waiting for the consular officer's review.

so many thanks

Edited by wghabour

Timeline

I think that means it is just CO review. But you can call them and ask.

Nabadurraham can probably answer you best.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

I also called them and they respond that my case is under administrative processing, but I put my husband's case in and it says case not found also. I am also thinking that perhaps it's under consular review and the word administrative processing is just loosely used. I will call the Department of State tomorrow to see if it is truly under AP.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I also called them and they respond that my case is under administrative processing, but I put my husband's case in and it says case not found also. I am also thinking that perhaps it's under consular review and the word administrative processing is just loosely used. I will call the Department of State tomorrow to see if it is truly under AP.

Hi all,

did u call the american embassy in Cairo?? or sent e mail?? and do u think that if one call the department of state to ask about the status of the case they can give us a clear idea??

so many thanks

Timeline

I called the embassy in cairo. I don't really know if they'll give me a clearer idea of what the case is going through, but I'm just going to give it a try. I also sent an e-mail to the embassy just an hour ago. So, hopefully, they'll be able to give me more details.

Timeline

Actually, message the embassy bcuz they are dealing with the case directly so they can tell you exactly what's going on. If it is under AP then they will tell you it is under mandatory AP, but if it is under CO review they will tell you that. I found that the DOS doesnt give sufficient info out- they are general.

The pending cases thing on the site doesn't work...

Email the embassy and send them your case number. They usually respond within 2 days.

Timeline

I have a question. If they tell me that it's in administrative processing, is that considered consular review since it was the documents that were missing? I keep calling and they tell me that it's in administrative processing, but not mandatory administrative processing or consular review. I have e-mailed them and hopefully will get a response from them. Also, is the website working for checking to see if a case is under AP?

Edited by tp1986

Timeline

Consular review happens to every guy...there's no way around it. AP according to the embassy in Cairo is a much lengthier process (avg 3 months). If the embassy tells you that you are under AP then you will probably recieve your visa in 3 months. If the embassy tells you that you are under consular officer review the you should get your visa within a month (although we are still waiting to confirm actual wait times).

Don't listen to what te department of state tells you.

And no, the website is not working to check if your case is under AP.

Consular review is mandatory for every male, regardless of it your papers were with you or not. It may push things back a bit but even if your papers were all with you then you would still undergo CO review...count days from the time they say they recieved the missing papers. Email them with your case number to confirm if and when they have recieved missing papers and ask them for an update on your case.

Trust this helps

Timeline

Marymina stated in another post that his wifes visa was issued and she is waiting for delivery. I hope it is true and he gives us an update.

Thanks

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

my wife just got her passport they delivered it to her an hour ago it took 11 days from the interview date , guys keep checking the DHL site because it change during he day yesterday morning it said scheduled as agreed and by 8pm LA time it said that package left the embassy at 1030 pm egypt time so i guess DHL in egypt works 24 hours in picking up mail , i really wish good luck to everybody heer may god give u peace and patient and reunite all of u with ur loved one . mery xmas to everybody and happy new year .

Mina&Mariam

Timeline

my wife just got her passport they delivered it to her an hour ago it took 11 days from the interview date , guys keep checking the DHL site because it change during he day yesterday morning it said scheduled as agreed and by 8pm LA time it said that package left the embassy at 1030 pm egypt time so i guess DHL in egypt works 24 hours in picking up mail , i really wish good luck to everybody heer may god give u peace and patient and reunite all of u with ur loved one . mery xmas to everybody and happy new year .

Congrats !!!! :dance:

Timeline

Congratulations! Hope she has a safe trip :)

Timeline

I contacted the embassy by calling them 01120227972200 between the hours of 1pm and 3pm Egypt time and they ask for your case number and they tell you what's going on. They haven't replied to my last 3 emails, probably because I email them very often and they are tired of me, so I decided to call. They told me the consular officer review is finished and the visa is ready to be issued...will probably be issued at the end of this week or beginning of next week. And the lady told me that we will get the visa in hand maximum by next week. Let's hope that's all true inshaAllah. I will continue to call everyday. When you call, the wait is a bit long which sucks bcuz it's an international call...I waited 20 minutes.

Did anybody, that needed to send in more papers receive their visa in hand? Please let me know. I want to figure out how much that delays things...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.