Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!!! My wife got her visa today!! I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy right now. She got it in only 10 days! I will be going to Egypt on Tuesday to go pick my wife and son up can't express how happy I'm right now! Thanks everyone here for the support and all the updates!!!!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Yay congratulations hope you guys have a safe trip :)

Timeline

Yea! Thank God. Good luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

hello, have been meaning to post but i was busy.

first of all, congrats to Tamer and pyramids!! I am so happy. It looks like togetherforever's magical dust worked! Please sprinkle some more of that.

I am happy also because it shows some consistency from the embassy. Both of the cases that got visas are females AND they had all of their papers. For those of you that have your interview coming, make sure to have all of your papers ready because it seems as though sending papers back in takes time. My case is annoying because it very clearly states on the NVC letter that you don't need to have your military papers present, so it's not even our mistake..but what can you do!

MahaAhmed had commented about AP and CO review. Actually, I don't think that your lawyer is correct about that. I know every country does it differently but when I emailed the embassy they told me on multiple accounts that it is under consular officer review and when wendyahmed email them they tell her that her case is under mandatory administrative processing. When I emailed the embassy and asked them straight out: Is my case under AP? They replied saying: No, your case is pending consular officer's review. Once completed, we will issue the visa.

So that makes me believe that they are different according to the Cairo embassy. It seems that every case goes through CO review, but some cases have AP before. I have emailed the embassy again but they haven't replied today which means I will probably get a response on Sunday, I think they are sick of me :wacko: ...hopefully so sick of me that they issue the visa!! I hope inshaAllah this week that I hear good news. The days are going by very slowly. I am so happy for people that got their visas in hand, you must feel great. :star: Congrats

Timeline

Sprinkling "Administration and Consular Processing Ending Fairy Dust" to all Egyptians currently in AP--ESPECIALLY nababdurraham!!!!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

hello, have been meaning to post but i was busy.

first of all, congrats to Tamer and pyramids!! I am so happy. It looks like togetherforever's magical dust worked! Please sprinkle some more of that.

I am happy also because it shows some consistency from the embassy. Both of the cases that got visas are females AND they had all of their papers. For those of you that have your interview coming, make sure to have all of your papers ready because it seems as though sending papers back in takes time. My case is annoying because it very clearly states on the NVC letter that you don't need to have your military papers present, so it's not even our mistake..but what can you do!

MahaAhmed had commented about AP and CO review. Actually, I don't think that your lawyer is correct about that. I know every country does it differently but when I emailed the embassy they told me on multiple accounts that it is under consular officer review and when wendyahmed email them they tell her that her case is under mandatory administrative processing. When I emailed the embassy and asked them straight out: Is my case under AP? They replied saying: No, your case is pending consular officer's review. Once completed, we will issue the visa.

So that makes me believe that they are different according to the Cairo embassy. It seems that every case goes through CO review, but some cases have AP before. I have emailed the embassy again but they haven't replied today which means I will probably get a response on Sunday, I think they are sick of me :wacko: ...hopefully so sick of me that they issue the visa!! I hope inshaAllah this week that I hear good news. The days are going by very slowly. I am so happy for people that got their visas in hand, you must feel great. :star: Congrats

Naba I wouldn't doubt that the lawyer is wrong I think Cairo embassy is a unique case. Maybe they just do things their own way and no one knows what that is. I really hope you get your visa soon in sha2a Allah. Thanks for the military paper tip I was confused about it since it says we don't need it. I think to be safe also people should get a new police certificate if their submitted one is expiring. Nor sure if translations are needed tho.

Timeline

1. Cami & Eslam(luv4eslam)May 3, 2011-------Nov 13, 2011 He put his visa on hold for maybe a year to stay in egypt-MAN

2. Nababdurrahman May 16, 2011--------------Nov 20, 2011- told within 7-10 days after more papers _MAN

3. Mero Rob May 23, 2011--------------------Nov 22, 2011 -needed to send more papers-i think female ???

4. Tp1986 May 24, 2011-------------------------Nov 22, 2011 needed more papers-Male

5. Rami & Yosra June 1, 2011----------------Nov 29, 2011 Told you will get it in 7 days-Female She got it in 8 days

6. Aly174 June 5, 2011-------------------------Dec 1, 2011-was told possibly 1-2 weeks MALE

7. pyramids June 21, 2011-------------------Dec 4, 2011 -told within 1 week-Female-GOT IT IN 10 DAYS.

8. TamerA June 30, 2011----------------------Dec 6, 2011 She was Told 1-2 weeks Female-GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

10.Marymina119 July 13, 2011-------------------Dec. 8, 2011- told approx 1 week Female

11.Yesterdaysrain23 July 20, 2011------------Dec 11, 2011-more papers-MALE

12.Zawgyosama July 28, 2011---------------------Dec 13, 2011-no update

13.(Ruby56) Bev&Hadi July 28, 2011----------Dec 14, 2011-more papers needed

14.MagdaEssam(habibi83) August 5, 2011-----Dec 15, 2011-told 10days -2 weeks max

15.Lina Tarek(jralsibai) August 12, 2011---Dec 19, 2011

16 Sherif August 18,2011------------------------Dec 21, 2011

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

thanks for the sprinkle ;)

yea, def get things updated if they have expiration dates on them. you don't need translations. i'm sure about that. if it's in arabic you do NOT need translations bcuz they speak arabic in Egypt. I asked a katrillion times and even when I was at the embassy they didn't need translations!

by the way, it seems like everybody needs more papers. Post which papers they need so that everybody can have those ready. I feel like the embassy is being sneaky and obnoxious by asking for random papers!

Timeline

thanks for the sprinkle ;)

yea, def get things updated if they have expiration dates on them. you don't need translations. i'm sure about that. if it's in arabic you do NOT need translations bcuz they speak arabic in Egypt. I asked a katrillion times and even when I was at the embassy they didn't need translations!

by the way, it seems like everybody needs more papers. Post which papers they need so that everybody can have those ready. I feel like the embassy is being sneaky and obnoxious by asking for random papers!

It does seem like they ask for random stuff even tho the Nvc letter says they have all they need. I feel like maybe they just decided to make their own process. Guess best thing is just to think of everything someone might need. So far it's

1. Military paper

2. Updated police certificate

3. I'm thinking recent pay stubs since there is no tax update yet

Timeline

1. Military paper

2. Updated police certificate

3. I'm thinking recent pay stubs since there is no tax update yet

Also Ruby was asked for original 1040 taxes. Cause they had her W2 and tax transcripts...

and someone else asked for another sponsor.

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all,

I had my interview on Nov 22 2011 and it is IR1 visa and the consular officer asked me to send proof of relationship and I sent that by dhl on Nov 23 2011 and they got it on Nov 27 2011 and I have not heard from the embassy yet?? does that mean that my case is on AP ?? did anyone who have his interview in Nov got visa??

so many thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.