Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

the question is now do we need to call NVC to get tracking # for dhl ? or how do we know when the embassy recieve the file ?

Hi Mary,

I read this example of how to track your package from dhl to embassy...

Go to dhl.com and clicked "track by Shipper's Reference". Put in EXP 02 NOV 2011A (OR WHATEVER DATE YOU CALLED NVC TO GET INTERVIEW DATE) on shipper's reference, did the time range from Nov 1st to Nov 5th. Left account blank and chose EGYPT. And then it showed up It says it arrived in CAIRO..if it arrived.

Good luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

hi everyone,

I want to ask a favor from everyone.

Can you all please email consularcairoiv@state.gov. and ask the to update the IV interview schedule online. It has not been updated since october 17th and I want to be able to see how many interviews of cr-1 they have scheduled so far...and I wanna be able to see how many slots they have left for the month.

I know they like to wait until they schedule all interviews so they do not have to update it twice but they are supposed to update it every week.

Thank you very much

consularcairoiv@state.gov.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

hi everyone,

I want to ask a favor from everyone.

Can you all please email consularcairoiv@state.gov. and ask the to update the IV interview schedule online. It has not been updated since october 17th and I want to be able to see how many interviews of cr-1 they have scheduled so far...and I wanna be able to see how many slots they have left for the month.

I know they like to wait until they schedule all interviews so they do not have to update it twice but they are supposed to update it every week.

Thank you very much

consularcairoiv@state.gov.

I emailed them and got an automatic response for out of office. Just thought I would post it because someone had asked if the embassy would be open on wed. and it is the only day they are open this week.

The U.S. Embassy in Cairo will be closed from November 6 - 8 and on November 10 in observance of Eid El Adha (Islamic Holiday) and Veteran's day respectively. The Embassy will be opened for normal business on November 9.

Please expect a response to your e-mail from our office shortly.

Regards,

Information and Correspondence Unit

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: Timeline

for sure its not the same day or the next day if u r lucky and everything goes well in the interview the fastest i have heard of is 5 days , but if they decide to put in AP then it can be from 1-6 month so the next step is the most important one in the whole journey.but the normal range is 10 days to 2 weeks .

Two Questions

1) Is that everyone else's consensus who have gone through the process? Ten days to two weeks average? And rarely same day or next day?

2) Also, just so we prepare everyone for the next step, can someone talk a little about AP, what it involves and what specific instances have led to such a process? Can we recount some examples from this board where someone went through AP and the reasons for that?

Edited by pyramids

Timeline

Two Questions

1) Is that everyone else's consensus who have gone through the process? Ten days to two weeks average? And rarely same day or next day?

2) Also, just so we prepare everyone for the next step, can someone talk a little about AP, what it involves and what specific instances have led to such a process? Can we recount some examples from this board where someone went through AP and the reasons for that?

I cannot answer all your questions. But, as an avid researcher and freq studier of profiles and timelines I can asssure you Cairo has never given a visa the same day. It even says it on their own website. It says "Same day Visa" NO. Then it goes on to say some people will be placed on AP which can last 1-6 months. I have seen many people longer then 6 months. I have seen some get it in 15 days from AP.

The quickest one I have seen on VJ was about 6 days if i remember correctly.

I hope someone who is going thru this process can answer the AP questions more clearly. I know there is a topic cairo AP which members talk about their AP experience and maybe you can look at all their timelines to get an idea of how long each person took.

I wish you lots of luck and especially no AP!!!

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:17 AM

• What is Administrative Processing?

AP is also called Additional Administrative Processing and is when the applicant is being checked more closely. It can be for security checks which encompass fingerprints and/or name checks or for document verification.

• When does Administrative Processing Happen?

AP can happen at any time during your processing. It can happen at a service center, at the NVC level, or at the embassy level. It mainly is discussed here in the forums at the embassy level.

• Who can get Administrative Processing and Why?

AP usually affects men and women from certain countries but anyone can get AP. Persons coming from T countries (Terrorist Countries) seem to have more security checks and have to endure AP at the embassy level after their interview. Common names, your nationality, religion, education, relationship of applicant, travels and job can all be factors for AP. Having incomplete or missing documents will also cause a case to be put in AP. In some cases if the embassy does not believe in the validity of the relationship they can investigate it further with a field investigation.

• What are the T-Countries?

Although it is classified, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan,

Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt,

Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,

Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,

Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates,

and Yemen.

• Can I check the status of my case?

The embassy will not in many cases respond to emails until a certain amount of time has elapsed. The best bet is to contact Department of State aka: DOS and ask them for an update bi-weekly. They will not be able to give you details but they can tell you if the case is still pending in AP or cleared.

• DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225 then press 1 and then press 0 .

• Can I expedite this process?

The simple answer is NO. No one can expedite the checks since they are considered a matter of National security. An elected official can only make a congressional inquiry on your behalf. They cannot get the checks finished any faster.

• Does AP have any time frame for completion? NO AP can last anywhere from days, weeks, months and in a few cases years.

Anyone that happens to be given a 221(g) or Administrative Processing letter must be patient and let them do their work. Do not call constantly and ask about your case. Remember each time your case is moved it can then end up at the bottom of the stack and your time can be extended. Each case is different so you cannot judge your case by any other and each consulate/embassy may have a different average time for completion of AP.

I hope that help you somehow to understand what does AP means ?

How long it has been since they put your case under AP ? It has been almost a year for me and still no visa !

You can join us in ''Cairo's final review club'' thread .Its for people who are under AP or under final review .here is the link of that thread Cairo's final review club

Good luck and my best wishes for ya .

Mohamed (ALSO KNOWN AS hotguy)

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Hi Mary,

I read this example of how to track your package from dhl to embassy...

Go to dhl.com and clicked "track by Shipper's Reference". Put in EXP 02 NOV 2011A (OR WHATEVER DATE YOU CALLED NVC TO GET INTERVIEW DATE) on shipper's reference, did the time range from Nov 1st to Nov 5th. Left account blank and chose EGYPT. And then it showed up It says it arrived in CAIRO..if it arrived.

Good luck

OK I DID THIS MYSELF TO SEE HOW IT LOOKS..... I am soo confused. I know they must have had alot of files to transfer to cairo since they just sent up 2.5months of interviews for december. Does anyone know how to tell how many files they sent to egypt in this 6 day period I selected? Thanks

Waybill: 9242811163

Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK Sunday, November 06, 2011 at 11:58

Origin Service Area: BOSTON, MA - PORTSMOUTH - USA

Destination Service Area: CAIRO - CAIRO - EGYPT

Sunday, November 06, 2011 Location Time

11 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 11:58

10 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 09:44

9 Arrived at Sort Facility LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 02:27

Saturday, November 05, 2011 Location Time

8 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:22

7 Transferred through EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:21

6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 08:49

5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:48

4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:10

Friday, November 04, 2011 Location Time

3 Departed Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 23:40

2 Processed at BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 23:37

1 Shipment picked up BOSTON, MA - USA 16:20

Hide Details Waybill: 9242811303

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

OK I DID THIS MYSELF TO SEE HOW IT LOOKS..... I am soo confused. I know they must have had alot of files to transfer to cairo since they just sent up 2.5months of interviews for december. Does anyone know how to tell how many files they sent to egypt in this 6 day period I selected? Thanks

Hide Details Waybill: 9242811303

[/quo

i have been trying this and tells me nnothing in this time period from 11/1 to 11/6 , also how would i know that my file is within the one's that were sent ? i will call them tomorrow and c if i can get a tracking # and let u know , also regarding the visa schedule update i emailed them last week i think they only update it once a month so give it another 2 weeks or so

Mina&Mariam

I cannot answer all your questions. But, as an avid researcher and freq studier of profiles and timelines I can asssure you Cairo has never given a visa the same day. It even says it on their own website. It says "Same day Visa" NO. Then it goes on to say some people will be placed on AP which can last 1-6 months. I have seen many people longer then 6 months. I have seen some get it in 15 days from AP.

The quickest one I have seen on VJ was about 6 days if i remember correctly.

I hope someone who is going thru this process can answer the AP questions more clearly. I know there is a topic cairo AP which members talk about their AP experience and maybe you can look at all their timelines to get an idea of how long each person took.

I wish you lots of luck and especially no AP!!!

This is very helpful, thanks so much. Well then, I guess we should focus on the most common time frame for those who have posted on here and have received visas shortly after their interviews. It's sounding like 1-2 weeks is generally the norm? If we can come up with a list of those dates from this board (when people received the visa relative to their interviews), maybe we can track that progress just like we have been tracking the progress of interview scheduling. What do you all think?

Timeline

Waybill: 9242811303

i have been trying this and tells me nnothing in this time period from 11/1 to 11/6 , also how would i know that my file is within the one's that were sent ? i will call them tomorrow and c if i can get a tracking # and let u know , also regarding the visa schedule update i emailed them last week i think they only update it once a month so give it another 2 weeks or so

I think I figured it out. This shows only 2 files or Waybills sent during this time. So I guess NVC will send them out after Eid? I am not sure but I know they have to be sending like 200 files.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

This is very helpful, thanks so much. Well then, I guess we should focus on the most common time frame for those who have posted on here and have received visas shortly after their interviews. It's sounding like 1-2 weeks is generally the norm? If we can come up with a list of those dates from this board (when people received the visa relative to their interviews), maybe we can track that progress just like we have been tracking the progress of interview scheduling. What do you all think?

u can but u will know right away if u get it or not the willy tell u we r approving ur visa and u will get it within 2 weeks but sometimes u get it in a week or 3 weeks so it will be hard to have an exact day

Mina&Mariam

u can but u will know right away if u get it or not the willy tell u we r approving ur visa and u will get it within 2 weeks but sometimes u get it in a week or 3 weeks so it will be hard to have an exact day

Great, and I assume the questions asked are pretty standard? I have heard that some experienced a very short interview process, while others might be asked more? It will be helpful for all of us to know what to expect during the actual interview.

Timeline

You can start a new thread in the waivers and AP forum to try and track any new peoples AP. But AP is so hard and so variable that that tracking would take months and I will not be on VJ for that long (God I hope)lol

I think you should not worry about AP because it is out of your hands. We do not get a say in it. You can start worrying if your husbands name is Mohamed. Seems those go to AP often enough. But I have not looked at those Mohameds that never had Ap to compare.

Really pyramids, this is something you cannot control. Do not stress about this cause we have enough to stress about. So, do not focus on it. Focus on things you can control like the documents that you will bring to the interview as proof of relationship and knowing each other and each others past. Co-mingling of finances, living together and visits and organize it nicely. Your interview should be here in the last week of December so there is not much time. Just be prepared for anything and be organized. If the CO asks you for a document then have it ready and know exactly where it is.

Use this next 6 weeks wisely and focus on issues you can control.

I seen a post where the CO asked for the beneficiarys resume that he will hand out in usa. Crazy. But I made my husband get one ready!!

I seen a country that requires original marriage cert from old marriage. CRAZY!! But I ordered mine, just in case.

So, I read and learn. I will pick one chat and email for every week we have known each other to bring to the interview. I will bring every phone bill. I will bring all our credit card receipts. I will bring mail with his name on it and magazines with his name that I ordered to be sent to my usa address.... anything they can think of to ask...I want to be prepared. I want to make sure they have no reason to doubt and no reason to delay.

Good luck...this interview is the MOST important step of this process. Focus on it and get it right the first time at the embassy.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

I found this from our egypt friend Emad Desouky. Maybe it will help prepare for the interview.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

Know your spouse like back of hand!

A. About Beneficiary’s Spouse1. Name/Date of birth/Place of birth. Spell your spouse's name.

2. Immigration status in the US? (Citizen or Permanent Resident) Where did your spouse first live in the US? When and where was his or her naturalization?

3. Where does your spouse live in the US? How long has s/he been at the current address?

4. Contact numbers/ E-mail address?

5. Was your spouse married before? Children?

6. Has your spouse ever been convicted or have a criminal record?

7. Do you know your spouse’s friends?

8. What are your spouse’s hobbies?

9. What does your spouse like/dislike? Foods/movies/books/music/activities/etc.

10. What does your spouse own?

B. Your Relationship/Wedding/Marriage 1. How long have you known each other?

2. Where and how did you meet? Was anyone else around?

3. What did you do on your first meeting? What did you first notice about your future spouse? Do you remember what either of you were wearing?

4. What language do the two of you converse in?

5. When did the relationship turn romantic?

6. Did your spouse meet any of your relatives? If not, why not? Did you meet any of your spouse’s relatives? If not, why not?

7. How much time did you spend together before you decided to get married? Why did you decide to get married? Who proposed to whom? How did the topic come up? Why did you decide to have a long/short engagement? What do your parents/friends think of your decision to marry this person? What do your spouse’s parents/friends think?

8. When and where was your wedding ? Do you have any photos of the ceremony and/or reception? Who from the US came to attend your marriage? (Why did others not come here to attend the marriage?) How many people were at your wedding? Did you have a reception? Describe.

9. Did you go for a honeymoon? If so, when and where?

10. How has your relationship been since you got married?

11. Why do you want to come to the US? What do you like and dislike about moving there?

12. What do you think the biggest problems will be, and have you thought about how you will deal with them?

13. Do you think that your relationship will work?

14. Do you trust your spouse?

15. Did he visit your spouse visit they went back to US?

C. Employment/Education 1. If your spouse is working: What does your spouse do for living?

2. Where does she work?

3. Employer name & location

4. What are his/her job duties/job title?

5. How much does s/he make per hour/annual salary?

6. What is your spouse’s work schedule?

2. Describe your spouse’s education history

D. Spouse’s Living Situation 1. Who does your spouse live with?

2. What kind of place it is? (apartment, condo, house, etc.)

3. How much rent/mortgage?

4. Have you been to where your spouse lives?

E. Finances – show copies of everything 1. Did you file a joint tax return this year? Do you have an International Tax ID number?

2. What is your spouse’s bank in the US? What are the accounts there?

3. Do you share any accounts? Why or why not?

4. Do you own any property together?

5. Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? Does your spouse have insurance policy where you are the beneficiary?

F. Spouse’s relatives

1. Father’s name and where he lives? Where does he work?

2. Mother’s Name and where she lives? Where does she work?

3. Were they born in the US? Where?

4. What is your spouse's mom's parents' [maternal grandparents'] names and information?

5. What is your spouse's Dad's parents' [paternal grandparents'] names and information?

6. How many brother and sisters does your spouse have?

7. Names? Names of their spouses?

8. Names of their kids?

9. Where were they married?

10. Where do they live now?

11. How many maternal and paternal uncles and aunts does your spouse have?

A2. Questions about Beneficiary1. What do you do for a living in your home country?

2. Do you plan to work in the U.S and what position?

3. Have you ever been issued/denied a visa to the US?

4. Have you ever been in the US?

5. Were you married before this marriage?

6. Do you have any children?

7. Have you ever been convicted of any crime?

8. Describe your employment history

9. Describe your education history

10. Do you need a social security number (SSN) when you arrive in the US?

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.