Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hey.i`d like to add my case complete date it was in 25-8-2011

Hi Keko. Congrats!!

Are you a spouse visa or fiance?

Please update your time. You can edit it through your profile.

Thanks and good luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Does anyone know the extent to which the U.S. embassy in Cairo may close in December during the upcoming Christmas/New Year holiday season? I'm hoping they only close on the actual holidays and not the surrounding days as well.

I hope this link works. It shows all the holidays that the embassy takes. It is from their embassy website

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/holidays.html

Shows 4 holidays off in Novemeber and only 1 day in December

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

1. Cami & Eslam May 3, 2011-------Nov. 13, 2011

2. Nababdurrahman May 16, 2011----Nov 20, 2011

3. Mero Rob May 23, 2011----------Nov 22, 2011

4. Tp1986 May 24, 2011------------Nov 22, 2011

5. Rami & Yosra June 1, 2011------Nov 29, 2011

6. Aly174 June 5, 2011

7. pyramids June 21, 2011

8. TamerA June 30, 2011

9. Siidiga July 7, 2011

10. Marymina119 July 13, 2011

11. Yesterdayrain23 July 20, 2011

12. Ruby56 Bev&Hadi July 28, 2011

13. Zawgyosama July 28, 2011

14. MagdaEssam August 5, 2011

15. Lina Tarek August 12, 2011

16. keko August 25, 2011

17. Togetherforever13 Oct 13, 2011

18. Emad Desouky Oct 17, 2011

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: Timeline

I hope this link works. It shows all the holidays that the embassy takes. It is from their embassy website

Very helpful, and pretty encouraging too. Thanks.

Edited by pyramids

Timeline

Just an extra, for your information..

the embassy does not do interviews the last Tuesday of every month. They must have mandatory meetings. And they do not do interviews on Fridays or Saturdays because it is their weekend.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

hey everybody. I have a question...I think this could be answered by people that have already had their interview, but I would love to hear anybody and everybody's opinion and thoughts..

I am living in america and I am in school. I have my exams right before thanksgiving, like Nove 14th-22nd and my husband, in Egypt, has his interview on November 20th. He wants me to come out for encouragement and he has heard a lot about how the people at the embassy are much nicer if you have your spouse with you at the interview and less intimidating. His friend said that when he came in without his spouse they told him that his interview is pushed 4 months late, which makes me believe that there is something more to the story. I know it is not mandatory for me to be there, and especially because I have my exams going on, do you think it's okay if I am not there? Would it make a huge difference if I am there? I don't want any delays and it would kill me if I knew that I should have been there and something went wrong..I have spoken to my professors and 2 of them are willing to reschedule my exam and the other 2 are not at all. Please share your thoughts...would appreciate it. Thanks.

Filed: Timeline

As far as I know based on the process and based on others' responses from this board, you are not required, nor are you actually expected, to be at the interview. In fact, to expect someone whose school/job is here in the States to go to Egypt for an interview that may last for minutes does not seem reasonable. Moreover, I do not see how the presence of both spouses as opposed to the beneficiary alone really does make a difference. But I defer to those who have had the interviews, specifically those whose beneficiary spouse attended the interview alone and not with the petitioner as well.

Edited by pyramids

Timeline

hey everybody. I have a question...I think this could be answered by people that have already had their interview, but I would love to hear anybody and everybody's opinion and thoughts..

I am living in america and I am in school. I have my exams right before thanksgiving, like Nove 14th-22nd and my husband, in Egypt, has his interview on November 20th. He wants me to come out for encouragement and he has heard a lot about how the people at the embassy are much nicer if you have your spouse with you at the interview and less intimidating. His friend said that when he came in without his spouse they told him that his interview is pushed 4 months late, which makes me believe that there is something more to the story. I know it is not mandatory for me to be there, and especially because I have my exams going on, do you think it's okay if I am not there? Would it make a huge difference if I am there? I don't want any delays and it would kill me if I knew that I should have been there and something went wrong..I have spoken to my professors and 2 of them are willing to reschedule my exam and the other 2 are not at all. Please share your thoughts...would appreciate it. Thanks.

i think if it helps it will help your other half as a moral support but i doubt that it has any affect on the decision the embassy will make plus if you have a solid case with facts and no red flages then you souldnt have a problem . i know a lot of people who went alone and thier interview went very well and some went with thier suposes and still they were put in AP for a while

Mina&Mariam

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Please add our case

NVC date of completion is August 18th

Keko' it will be interesting to see what happens with both our timelines

I thought we would have an interview by now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.