Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

for the us embassy in Cairo is between 4-6 months but i heard that they were doing some changes to expedite the cases due to the backlog. when was your case completed?

Also can you please send me the link for mary and besho where she posted the questions because i couldnt find it.

I looked quick and I did not see your number but the number before ou is a K1 fiance visa.

So how long do the fiance visa people wait afer they are done with NVC?

The embassy website I look at is

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.html

Timeline

And they really did. those #s are from june and up so you should here yours soon and i hope mine too.

thanks for the link.

:-)

Lina

for the us embassy in Cairo is between 4-6 months but i heard that they were doing some changes to expedite the cases due to the backlog. when was your case completed?

Also can you please send me the link for mary and besho where she posted the questions because i couldnt find it.

Timeline

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

hey all, that's great news about mary and besho, i wish a fast and smooth journey for wendyahmed. i will try to sit down and get my timeline updated, i have to just go thru and get the dates for everything.

about the case numbers, cr1/ir1 visa's take longer than k1 visas...so it doesn't necessarily go according to numerical order. for example if

A is a cr1 visa

B is a cr1 visa

C is a K1 visa

D is a cr1 visa

the chances of C getting an interview first are most likely...i think it's a difference of like 2 months. however, i think k1 interviews are harder to prove and harder to get the visas than cr1 visas bcuz cr1 visa seekers are married already.

NABABDURRAHMAN

Timeline

with respect to jralsibai how do u know that the 2nd 3 digits follow the year goes on june ??????????? and what is the 500 that u subtract from ?

Hi There,

Would you mind telling us where did you see that case number from 2011653012 till the 2011742009 that were approved for Visa interview?

Because my case is CR1 and it's2011653013 which is 1 number ahead of the one above.

In regards of the understanding the NVC Case # this is how it is and i am going to apply it on my case #

My case is CRO2011653013

The code CRO is as you know is the US embassy in Cairo

The first 4 digits ( 2011) is the year they received your case which is 2011

The next 3 digits (653); you minus the # from 500 (653-500=153) that would be the 153th day of the year wich will be in June.

The last 3 digits (013) that means his case the #13 in line.

I hope that i was able to explain it to you.

And for Mary and Besho can they tell us what the questions were asked cuz i am very anxious too about this AP thing.

Thanks

Lina

Month Days Calculation

January: 31 Days 31

February: 28 Days 59

March: 31 days 90

April: 30 Days 120

May: 31 Days 151

June: 30 days 181

July: 31 days 212

August:31 Days 243

September: 30 Days 273

October: 31 Days 301

Novemebr: 30 Days 334

December 31 Days 365

Mina&Mariam

Timeline

I wasn't sure about the whole case number but i checked my number by subtracting the 3 numbers after 2011 and i found that it is correct. And then i realized, that the NVC case number is given when the NVC first receives your case. It took me about 2 and a half months to clear with the NVC so that also makes a difference...it goes first come first serve (in each visa category) after the case is closed at the NVC...so just because mine may be 20 days ahead of somebody else, if I take longer to submit my papers, then they can be ahead of me for the visa interview! this is important to understand...but i don't even want to think about the numbers and the order on the site because there must be so much more to it. I think your best bet is the day that your case is closed at the NVC...5 months later expect to hear about your interview a month later (so an interview 6 months after your case was complete at the NVC). As much as i wanted to believe that something would change and maybe our case would go through quicker...it didn't. So if you just stay realistic about the time frame, I think it's easier to bare. I thought it was going to happen the month after the case was complete at the NVC and I was so confused and the time went by verrrry slow as my hopes just kept getting higher and higher...then i found visajourney and I was so happy to get a clear answer, rather than the same stuff that the NVC says.

Timeline

I learned how to calculate the nvc case number from this website

http://www.ehow.com/how_5889549_read-nvc-case-number.html

Lina

I wasn't sure about the whole case number but i checked my number by subtracting the 3 numbers after 2011 and i found that it is correct. And then i realized, that the NVC case number is given when the NVC first receives your case. It took me about 2 and a half months to clear with the NVC so that also makes a difference...it goes first come first serve (in each visa category) after the case is closed at the NVC...so just because mine may be 20 days ahead of somebody else, if I take longer to submit my papers, then they can be ahead of me for the visa interview! this is important to understand...but i don't even want to think about the numbers and the order on the site because there must be so much more to it. I think your best bet is the day that your case is closed at the NVC...5 months later expect to hear about your interview a month later (so an interview 6 months after your case was complete at the NVC). As much as i wanted to believe that something would change and maybe our case would go through quicker...it didn't. So if you just stay realistic about the time frame, I think it's easier to bare. I thought it was going to happen the month after the case was complete at the NVC and I was so confused and the time went by verrrry slow as my hopes just kept getting higher and higher...then i found visajourney and I was so happy to get a clear answer, rather than the same stuff that the NVC says.

Timeline

I learned how to translate the NVC Case# after researching so many website , here is one of them

http://www.ehow.com/how_5889549_read-nvc-case-number.html

Lina

quote name='marymina119' timestamp='1317872977' post='4937589']

with respect to jralsibai how do u know that the 2nd 3 digits follow the year goes on june ??????????? and what is the 500 that u subtract from ?

Hi There,

Would you mind telling us where did you see that case number from 2011653012 till the 2011742009 that were approved for Visa interview?

Because my case is CR1 and it's2011653013 which is 1 number ahead of the one above.

In regards of the understanding the NVC Case # this is how it is and i am going to apply it on my case #

My case is CRO2011653013

The code CRO is as you know is the US embassy in Cairo

The first 4 digits ( 2011) is the year they received your case which is 2011

The next 3 digits (653); you minus the # from 500 (653-500=153) that would be the 153th day of the year wich will be in June.

The last 3 digits (013) that means his case the #13 in line.

I hope that i was able to explain it to you.

And for Mary and Besho can they tell us what the questions were asked cuz i am very anxious too about this AP thing.

Thanks

Lina

Month Days Calculation

January: 31 Days 31

February: 28 Days 59

March: 31 days 90

April: 30 Days 120

May: 31 Days 151

June: 30 days 181

July: 31 days 212

August:31 Days 243

September: 30 Days 273

October: 31 Days 301

Novemebr: 30 Days 334

December 31 Days 365

Timeline

I am glad Mary that i was able to help :-)

Lina

oh thanks 'jralsibai' hope u hear something soon

http://www.ehow.com/...ase-number.html

Lina

Timeline

Guys, Last month there were 300 Diversity Lottery visa interviews. and in October there are 30 from egypt... I think this means people will get interviews quicker now cause they have more room for I-130 interviews.

It makes sense to me. And when i see on the site more fiance and spouse visa then there have been in the last 3 months that I have looked, then i believe my theory to be true....at least I have high hopes. Cause I do not want to wait 5 or 6 months.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Timeline

Hello All I would like to add my name to the list. I hope to get an interview date soon.

Tamer A.

Name NVC/CC Interview Date

1)Amber&ahmed 1/31/11 7/21/11

2)Engo 2/03/11 8/3/11

3)Monalisa 2/15/11 8/10/11

4)Ramy_87 2/15/11 8/07/11

5)Liz&khaked 3/10/11 8/18/11

6)Rami75 3/23/11 9/12/11

7)Jenn&mohamed 3/28/11 9/19/11

8)Wendy&ahmed 4/05/11 10/03/11

9)Mary&besho 4/7/11 10/5/11

10)Lena samy 4/12/11 10/12/11

11)Cami&eslam 5/03/11

12)Nababdurrahman 5/16/11

13)Mero rob 5/23/11

14)Tp1986 5/24/11

15)Aly174 6/05/11

16)Tamer A. 6/30/11

17)Siidiga 7/07/11

18)Marymina119 7/13/11

19)Yesterdayrain23 7/20/11

20)MagdaEssam 8/5/11

Timeline

Hello All I would like to add my name to the list. I hope to get an interview date soon.

Tamer A.

Tamer, please edit your timeline on your profile (as best as you can remember). That way others can learn from you and see how you progressed thru each step of this process.

Good luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

oh thanks 'jralsibai' hope u hear something soon

http://www.ehow.com/...ase-number.html

Lina

Lina,

If a case number is 2011001001

How do you minus 500 from 001? the number would be negative -499

I am confused. Do all the numbers start off at 501 for Jan 1st???

That is not my number. My number makes sense

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

I think so, but NVC usually knows how to create the numbers related to the days # of the year.

Lina

Lina,

If a case number is 2011001001

How do you minus 500 from 001? the number would be negative -499

I am confused. Do all the numbers start off at 501 for Jan 1st???

That is not my number. My number makes sense

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.